• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

One, Two, Three (Version 2)

I FEEL SO EMOTIONAL SEEING THE ALOLA GROUP IN THIS NEW OPENING.

I'm sure that it would not be just a nostalgia/reunion episode just like the first episode of Alola Group going to Kanto reuniting with Misty and Brok and going to Prof. Oak's lab in Sun and Moon where they just show Ash past Pokemon. I do hope we'll get to see Ash's Alolan team and decide to call them for PWC matches. If Ash won't have any Galar Starters just bring back Incineroar.

I... don't like the idea of Riolu actually evolving. This Pokémon's already been a spotlight/focus hog even without evolving into the stupidly popular and oversaturated Lucario. Not to mention I haven't massively enjoyed the appearances of nearly every other Lucario so far (Kukui's one being the exception because it wasn't important, just one of six); I'm of the opinion that the various writers tend to lose their heads a bit when dealing with it and its pre-evolution.

Let's all make sure we remember Ash has a Dragonite, Gengar, and Galarian Farfetch'd now, because I'm getting concerned for them going forwards. It's too bad because I really liked the idea of him having this Farfetch'd.

Is not Zapdos a little bit ehh Legendary to be living on a laboratory?

Just asking...
I feel like I’m the one person in the world who finds that scene to either be clickbait or, if something like that does come to pass, only temporary. I just don’t see them giving legendary Pokémon to a Pokémon collector especially when you look at the characters across the anime who have owned Mythical/Legendary Pokémon (sans that one Heatran cameo at the Sinnoh League that you this day I question).

A different idea occurred to me later when I suddenly remember that the Nihilego plotline occurred about a year into Sun and Moon. Possibly they want to do the Darkest Day fairly early as well, and I can see good reasons for that; that helps avoid running into the next generation and having to rush things--maybe after (by the directors admission) XYZ had to get rushed they're trying to finish up the major plotlines earlier now.

Additionally, it also looks like Ash may be entering the Galar League after all, and with the lower emphasis on travel time now they could perhaps have the league occur sometime in the late second or early third year, then focus on Gou's captures and the World Championship while waiting for the next series. Maybe they'll have Ash win the Galar League (and defeat Leon there instead) and then lose in the PWC to someone else, possibly a gen 9 character.

My #1 wish is for Max to show up as a ten year old with Ralts at some point and Ash is still ten, too. That would be a perfect final scene in the show, IMO.
That would be a genius way to cover themselves, but I don't think that Game Freak thinks that far ahead.

The more I re-watch it, the more this particular segment stands out because of how organic and dynamic the fight looks without any of the nonsensical stock background, stock animations, action lines etc. while highlighting the battling styles of either Fighting type that differentiates them both. That, and I loved the Taijutsu only fight segments in Naruto, so I'm a bit biased. Here's hoping we see more organic Pokemon battles like this in the future.

giphy.gif

Should we keep using spoilers or is it safe to exit them?

Last edited:
That... makes no sense.

An open and blank slot would be a far better implication of a placeholder for the next party member instead of someone else's Pokemon.
I've actually seen a couple of people on Twitter throw around this idea as well, so I'm not the only one who thinks this might happen. I know that doesn't really prove anything, but we'll see what happens.

The more I re-watch it, the more this particular segment stands out because of how organic and dynamic the fight looks without any of the nonsensical stock background, stock animations, action lines etc. while highlighting the battling styles of either Fighting type that differentiates them both. That, and I loved the Taijutsu only fight segments in Naruto, so I'm a bit biased. Here's hoping we see more organic Pokemon battles like this in the future.

giphy.gif

That's one of my top 3 scenes, along with the Alola gang and one which I'll make another post about later.

I love that moody sky. That's something we haven't seen too often post-OS, I guess that's an upside to having a lot of episodes in Kanto. I get the impression that Kanto and Johto are stormier than other regions.

I do hope the Riolu and Farfetch’d scene means we’ll be getting more of them training together. I can see them training together to get stronger after they’re both wiped by Bea. We have seen them train together before but both times they were just short scenes. I’m hoping for good training and a nice dynamic and relationship between the two, and that they’re always on par and one-uping each other every battle, constantly pushing each other to their limits.

I love that Farfetch’d already uses his leek as a shield before attacking his opponent once they’re in range. He already has the Sirfetch’d mindset.

My favorite scene is the one of Ash and Go looking down at Vermillion City. It's a still shot but the way the colors and light/shading change is amazing IMO. Spoilers so I don't clog the thread with pics.
cityview1.JPG
cityview2.JPG
cityview3.JPG
cityview4.JPG

I'm obsessed with stuff like Bloodsport, Double Dragon, Ashita no Joe, G Gundam, etc., this gives me those beatemup vibes.

It also reminds me a lot of the "hero on a cliff" motif that was in a lot of 80s and 90s video games, usually in endings - a scene with the hero(es) standing on a cliff looking into the distance, most often on the right side of the screen like in this opening. Often includes an enemy fortress crumbling or exploding.

BlasterMaster-End2-INT.png
dragonfighter-4.png
megax-8.gif
hiryuken3-11.png

I love that moody sky. That's something we haven't seen too often post-OS, I guess that's an upside to having a lot of episodes in Kanto. I get the impression that Kanto and Johto are stormier than other regions.
Also the sky in Galar is constantly cloudy and gray.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom