• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

One, Two, Three (Version 2)

Now that we know the show's changing timeslots...wouldn't it have made a lot more sense for them to hold off on changing the OP for a few weeks so they could debut it when the show moved to Friday nights?

I think there's a pretty decent chance they won't get to. Think about it. The Alola "arc" will be one episode, maybe two. They're gonna have enough to juggle during the limited time they have without also having to worry about the whole Kiteruguma / old Alola Pokémon reunion on top of everything else. It'll be easier for them to just have the Alola episodes be week(s) where the Rocket trio doesn't appear.

I hate that I was 100% right here!

Last edited:
I wonder when the OP segments with the Alolan group, Bea and Celebi will get updated. Those particular segments gave off the impression that they could be replaced easily by the next set of corresponding characters/events.

Alolan group -> Next set of friends.
Bea -> Next rival / Galar Gym leader / Roadblock.
Celebi -> Mewtwo or Suicune.

Don't think the Alola Group Part will be replaced. I don't think that Scene in the Opening with the Alolan Group happened in the Recent Alola Episode so it could be for a future Alola Episode (unless they solely animated it for the opening which is weird for Pokemon). The Alola Group will reappear of course, I think the Bea Part will be replaced with maybe the "Next Challenge" though. I also wonder if we might get a new opening after Darkest Day much like how Mezase Pokemon Master (SM) ran from Sun & Moon Episode 30 to 43 before Aether Arc.

A nice compilation of what frames can be replaced, altered or stay the same. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Don't think the Alola Group Part will be replaced. I don't think that Scene in the Opening with the Alolan Group happened in the Recent Alola Episode so it could be for a future Alola Episode (unless they solely animated it for the opening which is weird for Pokemon). The Alola Group will reappear of course, I think the Bea Part will be replaced with maybe the "Next Challenge" though. I also wonder if we might get a new opening after Darkest Day much like how Mezase Pokemon Master (SM) ran from Sun & Moon Episode 30 to 43 before Aether Arc.
Scenes in the OP don't necessarily have to mirror the content on-screen. For example, the Celebi scene didn't exactly happen yet it's already appeared and most likely filled its anime quota for this series, the pink Celebi was just M23 promotion.

I have low hopes that we'll see new scenes and that Raboot will be replaced with Cinderace in all scenes. Scorbunny wasn't updated in the last version and the last SM opening also left a Popplio shot without updates. Of course it would be a nice surprise.

I think it's also very likely that we'll see a new ending in episode 40.

I remain underwhelmed at this "remix". They couldn't have properly distinguished from the original?!
I concur. When I saw that 1-2-3 would have a remixed version, I thought it would be on the same scale of Volt from XY; I like all three versions of Volt, and I felt that each of them were notably different from each other. The remixed rendition of 1-2-3 is not bad, but I do not think it is quite good either; I largely prefer the first version, which is one of my favorite Pokémon openings in the franchise.

I concur. When I saw that 1-2-3 would have a remixed version, I thought it would be on the same scale of Volt from XY; I like all three versions of Volt, and I felt that each of them were notably different from each other. The remixed rendition of 1-2-3 is not bad, but I do not think it is quite good either; I largely prefer the first version, which is one of my favorite Pokémon openings in the franchise.
I personally think the second version may even be better than the first version.

It has different singers and different tunes. I personally find it very distinguishable from the first version
It has pretty similar sounding singers and the tunes are absolutely the same, I don't think there is even any notable harmonic difference, just a very slightly different instrumental arrangement. It is nice enough, as nice as the first version, but as a remix it sucks balls since it is really not different enough.

WE WERE PROMISED A ROCK VERSION!!!11!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom