• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

One, Two, Three (Version 3)

People saying we don't have any Rookidee merch.
When have we gotten Dragonite and Gengar merch before they were caught. When did we have Dracovish merch?

As you see, merch doesn't mean as much in this series as in previous ones.
If merch doesn’t matter then neither does a minor cameo in an opening. I think assuming Ash catches Rookidee is premature.

I'd put this in my top 5 for opening animations. I love the previous one too but the scenes in this one flow together a bit better so I'll give it the edge. My only real complaint is the lack of Galarfetch'd.
EDIT: This one doesn't have the Gachat either, there's another plus for it!

First Farfetch'd and Riolu, now Lucario and Cinderace. The animation on these looks so good.

Man, they love giving us these ominous battle sequences in the rain don't they?

I hope they give us one of those in an episode.

With all these cars in this opening, you’d almost think that they were doing a Rat Race style arc with them racing across the Galar region.

They seem to really enjoy drawing cars in this series. I'm all for it.

Gotta get Dastardly and Muttley involved then. And then send Muttley to the Underworld in the end.

Dastardly and Muttley were among the several inspirations for Team Rocket IIRC.

Last edited:
Wait, Galarfetch'd is in it, and he gets a Hero on a Cliff scene! How did I miss that?

Same energy:
cliffscene.JPG
LinkCliff.jpg

Some quick thoughts:
*I do wonder if all those car trip scenes mean anything. Also seems to further push that Leon is going to get more attention than previous champions (sans Kukui, if you want to count him).
*Will be interesting to see if Gary is a one off or not. I like the theory of him being Viridian Gym Leader now.
*More buildup to Ash and Pikachu Vs Leon and Charizard at the end. Here's hoping...
Wait, Galarfetch'd is in it, and he gets a Hero on a Cliff scene! How did I miss that?
Maybe they'll have a raid battle at Spectacle Rock?:p

Whoa Iris is coming back that's so cool and Gary looks awesome too. The new opening itself is the best one of this series so far mostly because of the spoilers. :D

You know, a bit of a subtle observation but this version of the OP really highlights how far Koharu has come in development since the start of the series. Back in the first version, when it came to Ash and Go’s antics, she sighs and walks away, yet here, she can’t help but genuinely smile at it.

• The song was okay. The singer did a good job but like last time the song doesn't really sound different.
  • I'm also hoping that the "road trip" is an actual arc and not just a gimmick for the opening. We need to see more Galar mons and places, and going in an adventure with Leon would be a very exciting way to do it.
  • I feel like Grookey will be a recurring mon during the arc, and at the end it could be caught by...literally anyone, even Leon :p
  • Goh could catch a Karrablast, Shuckle and Dewpider. Will he go on a bug mission again?
  • GARY!!!AND IRIS!!!! Pre-SM Rivals and companions were the missing piece that Journeys' returns needed. I'm excited to see their new dreams and teams, and I hope they appear for more than one episode. Fans of Paul and the XY gang, be patient, I'm confident they'll appear later.
  • The Chloe scene was cute, but the choreography was a bit weird.
  • The mythicals scene was also cool. Obviously Shaymin and Zeraora replace Manaphy and Marshadow because of popularity.
  • The final 30 seconds overall were filler as they didn't tell us anything new but they were still animated amazingly.
Overall a fun opening that makes me excited for what's next.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom