• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

One, Two, Three (Version 3)

EDIT: @FinnishPokéFan92 you beat me to it haha

There's a low quality version of the new opening on YouTube now:

View: https://youtu.be/ZIJ2X2gvDiI

Some interesting scenes including a group shot which sees Chloe petting Galarian Ponyta; a scene with Team Rocket with Morpeko on top of Gigantamax Meowth; Chloe with Eevee surrounder by its evolutions. The end of the opening is also interesting because it looks like it features a lot of Pokemon and characters, but it's hard to make out if there's anything of note due to the quality of the video.

Some observation:

- Guess I was wrong about the Lucario/Aceburn frame, but to be fair, they basically action-lined their way to the next key pose so I don't feel that bad about it lol.
- Koharu is definitely going to be more relevant from this point forward, which is great!
- Is this the first time we see Gary since DP (excluding that BW ending where literally everybody was featured in)? Gosh, he actually looks so different now. Iris' design seems a bit different now too, but it's a very subtle change from what I'm seeing comparing BW footage with this.
- Road trip theme?
- Can we talk about Leon's tacky af car? Like I guess it makes sense, but still...
- Grookey is likely going to Koharu, isn't it?
- I really really REALLY need an HD version of this to see if I can find any cool easter eggs in the final shot.

No. At this point Goh or Ash might get it but definetly not Chloe.
Idk, the fact that it jumps off both Ash's and Go's faces only to just get away really makes me feel neither is gonna get it in the end, leaving Koharu as the only option by process of elimination.

I think it just features all the non-main characters who have appeared in the series so far.
I really hoped we could get a glimpse at some less-relevant potentially-returning characters, but I guess that's the way it goes :c

As someone who was never much into Gary or Iris, I’m still glad they’re coming back! Looking forward to battles and Ash revealing to Iris he’s caught five dragons since they last met.

The group shots are very nice and imply both Chloe and Leon will be appearing more often, which is great (Who left him with the map tho). Grookey and Ponyta are two welcomes additions as well.

Call me petty but seeing Gengar pranking around made me smile.

Some observations:

In terms of the music, the previous two versions were both arranged by Mafumafu (you'll find Version 1 and Version 2 more similar partially for this reason); this version was arranged by APAZZI and Akira Sunset, who seem to have done some work with Nogizaka46 before together. The performers, being idols first and foremost, are almost polar opposites of the "singers/songwriters who hide their face and made it big by covering songs online" archetype of both Mafumafu/Soraru, the singers from Version 1. Took completely different routes yet both ended up performing a Pokémon OP.

In terms of the animation staff, Version 3 has the same storyboarder/director as Version 1, and it actually has the most (credited) staff of the three, with a couple more key animators and an in-between animation inspector.

At the very least, it will be refreshing to finally get some female singers for "1-2-3" (Mafufu doesn't count).
I can't help but link this.

I haven't been keeping up all that much with this anime (I usually don't for the Pokemon animes, but I will go back and binge watch episodes later), but when I heard that Gary was in the intro I just had to see it. That's amazing. Gary hasn't made a physical appearance in over a decade, so this is really cool to see. The battles in the anime usually don't excite me all that much, but I'll admit that I really hope we get to see a battle between these two.

But can we talk about Leon's tacky car (matches perfectly with his tacky fashion sense lol)? And the fact that he and Chloe are there more? Are they really bringing back the concept of a traveling anime with a freaking road trip? I don't want to get my hopes up, but if they are that is just such a fun and creative way to bring the concept back. Just give them a car and someone who can legally drive the car and send them on a journey! I'm looking forward to seeing what this could mean, and will be sure to keep a watch out for it.

Idk, the fact that it jumps off both Ash's and Go's faces only to just get away really makes me feel neither is gonna get it in the end, leaving Koharu as the only option by process of elimination.
I think they are gonna battle for it like Gengar.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom