• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

One, Two, Three (Version 3)

Dande potentially travelling with them (at least for a bit since he is Champion and all) would be interesting. Satoshi hasn't had an companion who was an adult before. Are they dropping the researcher career Shigeru had in his last appearance and making him a battler again?

This opening is easily the best animated of the three by a long shot. Hope this reflects the series proper soon since the animation quality is a step down from the Sun and Moon series.

I can't tell, is Gary wearing his lab coat or is he wearing a collared jacket like his game counterpart from RGB/HGSS?

Did these two just dab? Lmao I can't even-
Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 10.50.13 pm.png

The song is good, but I think I prefer the previous version. It had more punch to it. As for the visuals, I think these are the best so far. The road trip theme has me super excited, so I really hope it actually amounts to something, unlike that photo shoot from the previous OP. Koharu is hype as well, that scene where Ash and Gou are doing a stupid dance and she just looks at them approvingly made me laugh.

Gary and Iris are returning. WHAT!? Color me excited, any continuity is good continuity but what a surprise bringing Iris back. I know Gary has found a new profession, but I would still love it if he became a major rival in the PWC, I think Ash still needs some revenge after getting trounced be Electivire. Professor Oak and Korrina may also be returning as well. As for the former, I hope we can finally get that long-awaited Oak's Lab episode, and as for Korrina, I would like her to return (if only to give her a better sendoff than that double-wammy of insult-to-injury she received last time.)

As others have pointed out, I'm curious if there are more spoilers hidden in that ending collage, it's way too blurry to tell in the youtube version. From the looks of it, I think it's mostly previous CODs and references to past PM episodes. I also spotted a Pikachu van, because why not?

Last edited:
Dande potentially travelling with them (at least for a bit since he is Champion and all) would be interesting. Satoshi hasn't had an companion who was an adult before.
Alexa traveled with Ash and co. for a bit at the end of the Unova series. That kinda counts.

Anyway, I really loved this opening. While the song's probably my least favorite among the three versions we have so far, the visuals were absolutely amazing. Really liked how they're continuing the trend of giving us sneak peeks to returning characters that will be featured in future episodes. Definitely wasn't expecting Iris and Gary to be returning.

I’m really hoping that the OP presenting a road trip element implies that they’ll be spending more time in Galar and traveling it as opposed to just bouncing back over there every so often for an episode or 2. If not, total missed opportunity.

Also, with how much Koharu is featured in it with Ash and Go, hopefully this means she’s finally been elevated to main character status.

I’m pretty surprised with this ‘Leon road trip’ angle they’re taking. You’d think he’d mainly be saved for climatic or battle heavy episodes, but here it’s almost as if he’s a companion. We’ve never seen a champion be this involved with the main characters before.

I like it. Every little interaction we get between Ash and Leon is going to make their final battle more meaningful. They’re not just gonna be two strong trainers, but feel like they’re parallels to another in a way.

Openings can be misleading though, like with Ash, Goh, Leon and Raihan’s group photos last time.

Last edited:
Looking back, it’s actually insane to see what Journeys has done so far. The way things like Ash’s captures, character returns and legendary appearances have played out feel almost surreal at first. Nobody saw this coming.

Regardless of what you think of the show, you gotta give the writers props for going all out like this. Anything is possible at this point. The writers quit playing around the moment they made Ash’s first capture a fully evolved psuedo legendary.

I don't actually see that Ash's Dracovish was shown in the animation sequence for the third version of One, Two, Three, the Japanese opening theme for the Pocket Monsters 2019 new series. Now I wonder why you think?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom