• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music One, Two, Three (Version 4)

Screenshot_20220213-015821_VLC.jpg
Still interesting how that silly circus episode actually foreshadowed that Koharu will be a coordinator.

Some tweets from animators who worked on this version of One, Two, Three:

Oshida Yusuke worked on 3 scenes of Ash vs Leon

Ohashi Aito worked on 2 scenes of Ash's Greninja

Also, the single for this version of One, Two, Three is coming out on March 16. Hopefully it comes out same day on Spotify, and also that it's not restricted to Japan only!

Also, the single for this version of One, Two, Three is coming out on March 16. Hopefully it comes out same day on Spotify, and also that it's not restricted to Japan only!

I actually saw that top one already. Was surprised to see it coming out so fast.

Dang such storyboarding, such animation, finally an opening sequence that doesn't seem to have run out of budget at the last moment. The music lacks a little oomph (especially for all the stuff that's happening on-screen) but Rica's singing totally makes up for it. Making it a duet with Goh was a fantastic choice.

I just noticed and I love how Ash and Pikachu's meeting was redrawn in a closer style to the original series' backgrounds. I never liked Journey's flashback where Oak's lab looked kinda different (not very noticeable here but in the other shots it even looked like a different place altogether):

EP001:
000000 Kazuma1.png

JN001:
000000 Kazuma2.png

New opening:

000000 Ryunosuke.png

Also, mandatory mention that the Hoenn shot is a reference to the first AG opening and ending:

I just noticed and I love how Ash and Pikachu's meeting was redrawn in a closer style to the original series' backgrounds. I never liked Journey's flashback where Oak's lab looked kinda different (not very noticeable here but in the other shots it even looked like a different place altogether):

Also, mandatory mention that the Hoenn shot is a reference to the first AG opening and ending:

Weird how that's all AG gets, that and Drake I guess. AG was definitely the most underused series in Journey's. The least they could do is bring back Brandon for the Regigigas arc. Kinda sad to see the series overlooked so badly.

I was expecting something more epic and more worthy of the 25th anniversary, but it's still good and a change is always welcomed.
  • The scene with Goh's reserves in their home regions was really nice, through I wish they had spoiled some of the upcoming ones through it. As much as I want to see Dawn with her Platinum outfit I'm gonna keep my hopes low after what happened with the previous opening.
  • Sorry but Ash's team scene didn't do it for me. It had great animation but it was weird to see them throwing attacks at nothing.
  • Project Mew's scene on the other hand was great. I liked seeing Goh going hand to hand with Danika and Quillion, and the Regis appearance means they keep the pattern that started on Version 2 of every version focusing on a different Legendary trio.
  • I'd have liked to be unspoiled about Wallace and Clemont, but seeing Iris, Paul and Greninja was a nice surprise. I wonder what are they gonna do with them.

I'm still surprised Misty/Brock weren't in the opening. I think they have a small possibility of showing up regardless, but to not include either of them in the 25th anniversary opening is pretty ironic.

Maybe Lucario can succeed where Greninja failed :wynaut: It's already proven capable of besting a type-advantageous Gigantimax opponent after all.

While comparing the different versions, I've discovered something amazing.

Koharu's focus scenes from OP versions 1, 3 and 4 follow each other.

Watching this, Ricas version is night and day from the other ones. And I mean in a negative way
She did soft singing ops like Best Wishes and Alola good but not this one. It’s like she’s using her Ash voice instead of her singing one. Also After the Rain 1-2-3>>>>all other versions

Watching this, Ricas version is night and day from the other ones. And I mean in a negative way
She did soft singing ops like Best Wishes and Alola good but not this one. It’s like she’s using her Ash voice instead of her singing one. Also After the Rain 1-2-3>>>>all other versions
I think that that may be the direction that they were going with this. Like with High Touch and XYZ, it’s basically Ash singing the opening.

At least it didn't take so long for Matsumoto-san to cover.

She voiced the protagonist in both Raijin-ou (1991) and Da-Garn (1992).

Her covers of both intros were released on 2014.

That album also contained a cover of the Manaphy movie ending.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom