• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music One, Two, Three (Version 4)

While comparing the different versions, I've discovered something amazing.

Koharu's focus scenes from OP versions 1, 3 and 4 follow each other.

You know, I just realized that Yamper slowly is overtaken by Eevee in Koharu’s sections. At first, she’s holding Yamper, then Yamper is standing at her feet and Eevee jumps into her arms and by the final section Yamper has disappeared entirely and there is only Eevee. It sums up the show pretty well actually.

In my opinion, this version of opening has the best scenes, but I have a few comments:
- I hope that Satoshi using all three tricks will not take place after all. In my opinion, you should not violate the rules for a specific person, as it is a bit unfair to others.

- I do not understand why Iris has to come back again, since Satoshi has already defeated her.

I would like to add that I do not expect to see May and Serena in new visuals.
Kaori, seiyuu May is unlikely to be able to come back because of the voice disorder. As for Serena, bringing her back would be a bit controversial and awkward.

Kaori, seiyuu May is unlikely to be able to come back because of the voice disorder. As for Serena, bringing her back would be a bit controversial and awkward.
I can believe May not coming back because of her voice actor having retired, but as for Serena, I think she's popular enough to be brought back. If Clemont, Bonnie, and Greninja could return, I personally see Serena's return actually being likely.

May's VA never retired, she just can't perform. There's a difference.

Serena they are probably just holding out on since she could have technically appeared at any time. If she really doesn't appear by the time this saga ends I don't see her returning next gen either because there would be no point going back to current gen characters.

If Serena comes back, I Hope Yajima handles her since anyone else would fuck her character up.
And I want Amourshipping plus Chloe+Sylveon interaction in her return. And Swagcham to come back of course.

In my opinion, this version of opening has the best scenes, but I have a few comments:
- I hope that Satoshi using all three tricks will not take place after all. In my opinion, you should not violate the rules for a specific person, as it is a bit unfair to others.

- I do not understand why Iris has to come back again, since Satoshi has already defeated her.

I think the gimmicks are just to showcase he does possess them all and it doesn’t give away which one he might focus on/use more (like if he just had the dynamax band it might hint that he isn’t going to mega evolve or use a z move anymore)

And they said already the tournament only allows one

So even if Ash is allowed later to use multiple it’ll most likely be because that’s the only way for it to be interesting not that he will be so overpowered that it isn’t fair

Iris coming back could just be a continuity thing as multiple characters have appeared at least twice now
She doesn’t necessarily have to come back to battle Ash she might be there similar to how Gary came back for a brief moment or how Korrina was there for the Mega stuff

I personally feel she might fill in one of the master 8 slot and is there just to fill a position and to maybe show her losing to somebody or to beat somebody to help reaffirm her champion title

May's VA never retired, she just can't perform. There's a difference.

Serena they are probably just holding out on since she could have technically appeared at any time. If she really doesn't appear by the time this saga ends I don't see her returning next gen either because there would be no point going back to current gen characters.
Can I get a TLDR on this? What happened to May's VA?

https://lnk.to/v10tgu

Sigh... So they've restricted access to the song on both Spotify and YouTube Music for anyone outside of Japan...

Edit: So I've managed to listen to the full song, and I think I have to agree with some of the other users that it is not quite as good as some of the other versions.

The premise of having the VAs of Ash and Go sing the OP is nice, and it really does seem like Ash and Go (as characters) are actually singing, but at the same time, I kind of feel like Rica has to suppress her singing voice to follow the song's melody. In terms of personal preference, I would say V3>V1>V4>>V2.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom