• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Online Features Discussion

Blast

☆彡
Reaction score
To me, one of the most important aspects of modern Pokémon games: the ability to play, battle and trade with people from all around the world. In Pokémon Sword and Shield, there's no shortage of new online features and new ways to interact with fellow Trainers. A few examples are the new ranking system for online battles, online Max Raid Battles and the ability for players to join each other's game in the Wild Area. During yesterday's Nintendo Direct, Surprise Trades using the new Y-Comm menu were confirmed, which make it much easier to trade Pokémon without having to interrupt your adventure and the swappable League Cards were also revealed. What do you think of these new features? What else do you hope GF improves on or adds?

I for one I am happy that the new online interaction system, the Y-Comm, seems to resemble the PSS a lot more than the confusing and clunky Festival Plaza. I thought one of the great things about the PSS was that it allowed you to quickly and instantly react to or initiate interaction not only with your friends but new people as well. To be honest, the League Cards seem like a combination of XY's PR Videos and SM's photo feature and I like that they made it more immediately visible to other players too, for example at VS screen before online battles.
Shoutouts btw to Gloria for trying to take down Victor using only three Pokémon lol.
9_4_leaguecard_5.jpg

Surprise Trades seem like a more convenient form of Wonder Trades. Now I can send off my breedjects without stopping what I’m doing and spending several minutes trading Pokémon.

Hopefully we’ll get a mass release option too.

I don't get why Wonder Trades changed their name, but I guess it's nice to see them back. I expect to see a lot of Caterpie, regional rodents and birds again though.
The battle mode announced last month looks great.
I think there's no word yet on the GTS, that's suspicious...

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom