• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Operation: Golden Serpent (JS and Esrver)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aelia

Out of the sky
Reaction score
Juliet Sierra and Esrver only
OOC: Wanna start or...?

The the back of the intricate cave system of site Hotel Bravo, the previously-empty firing range was distrbed once again by a Shadow Company Private firing a SCAR-H downrange at the available targets. Once Jordan reached the twentieth round of his magazine he removed it from the feed system and dropped it onto the nearby table.

Though he had five more magazines on-hand which he could load into the rifle, Jordan instead set it down on the table and took hold of his M1911. When Jordan aimed down his sights at the closest target, he was slow and careful to make up for the fact that he was only using his right hand. Though it wasn't how he usually trains with or handles his sidarm, Jordan wanted his left hand to be free so he could eat a bag of chips while firing.

[OOC]: Yeah, I guess it'll work.

Eunice Zanovich, a Shadow Company sergeant, was lecturing a soldier on how he shouldn't look into her clothing drawer. This lecture of hers involved lots of waving around with her M9 and the slide being pulled back frequently. When she finished, she walked over to the firing range, taking a spot. She reloaded her magazine, having wasted so many bullets during the ''lecture'' that she had only 4 left. She fired at a target three times, missing twice. ''... Gah. Well, I guess that one will do.'' She muttered, not noticing Jordan.

Once Eunice had arrived at the firing range Jordan had already finished off his disappointingly small magazine and set his 1911 down on the table. This gave him a better chance to focus on his beloved barbecue chips however, and watch the new arrival at the range take her turn at the targets. After using three M9 rounds on a single target, Jordan turned to comment before noticing her significantly-higher rank, assuming it would be wise not to speak until he finished the chips first, and even better to forget his comment altogether.

With a Sergeant nearby, Jordan thought he should try to be more impressive when he continued hitting the targets, and picked his SCAR back up. Jordan raised the ACOG scope to eye level to ensure that he would make an effective shot, and loaded another mag. With the new magazine secure, Jordan pulled the charging handle back and took hold of the vertical grip (the grenade launcher having been replaced since it was unnecessary for target practice) before aiming down the scope a second time and firing a three round burst, hitting the neck and head of the target with the first two rounds.

Eunice looked at the Jordan's target. ''Well, well. I'm almost impressed.'' She said before chuckling a little. ''You can't take 5 seconds to aim when in a battle. It'll be over by a long shot. Especially with those OpFor idiots running around with shitty AKs.'' She continued. She wanted to say something else, but was interrupted by a Private running over to her. ''Sir, you have to hear this!'' He said. ''One of our searching crews just found a body.'' The Private continued. ''Well? Whose body?'' Eunice asked. ''General Shepherd's.'' The Private replied before ducking behind a rock, knowing that Eunice was about to have a mood swing. She emptied her magazine on the wall and threw her M9 against the same wall. ''Are you fucking kidding me!'' She yelled angrily.

"Wait, did he just say Gold Eagle's dead, ma'am," Jordan asked said to Eunice with his SCAR barrel aimed up to the ceiling, held between the line of sight of Eunice and Jordan's face so she wouldn't notice as he swallowed another potato chip. He was much more aware of the situation that he sounded, since he didn't act suprised at all. While he wasn't particularly happy that a US General had died presumably while he was asleep, it would take much more to enrage him as well.

''Yes. Shepherd's dead.'' Eunice said, picking up her M9. Some of the other soldiers who were ordered to keep Eunice from shooting yet another gas tank or random soldier were listening too. ''And if you four dare to tell someone else about this, I will kill you all. Understood?'' Eunice said to the soldiers.

"Well damn," Jordan replied dully while taking aim at another target as to take it down quickly after Eunice was done speaking again. "When did that happen, it sounds like something I'dve heard about."

''Probably sometime after those two 141 figures cut through here.'' Eunice replied. ''You there! Order all the helicopters we have to start searching the area for another, unidentified helicopter!'' She yelled at a soldier. Since most of the high-ranking soldiers were killed when Soap and Price attacked, Eunice was basically in command of the entire Shadow Company.
''Hey, you there. Private Summers.'' A corporal whispered. ''Get over here.''

"Oh right, them Brits I heard about," Jordan said a bit stupidly. "I thought they got the Eagle out by the time they came through," he continued, only to find that Eunice had already left for her own agenda. Jordan didn't really care about being ignored however, and he was actually a bit used to it, so without missing a beat he fired another burst at the next target before he heard his name mentioned.

Whoever it was that wanted him was only a Corporal, and even though it was above Private, he didn't think they had any real power over him. Of course, all that meant to Jordan was that his chips could be eaten in his presence. "Gettin' over there," he told the Corporal as he approached.

''Your name's Summers, right? Anyway, Private Summers, I want you to do something. You might have already noticed that Sergeant Zanovich isn't exactly... You know, okay in the head. THing is, she's in charge now. She seemed to be impressed by your shooting earlier. I shouldn't to mention that her cheeks started to change color...'' The corporal joked. ''Anyway, everyone wants you to stay as close to her as you possibly can. If she's going to do something stupid, try to keep her from doing it. If she si really going to do it, shoot her.'' The corporal said. ''And that's an order.''

Jordan shrugged, putting another bunch of potato chips into his mouth."Well so you're sayin' she's batshit insane, okay. Last time I checked that's what a PMC is, but what the hell, if it's a standing order I ain't gonna say no." Finally reaching the bottom of his bag, Jordan turned the bag over to funnel the remaining crumbs into his mouth. "Can I go shoot things now," he asked the Corporal afterwards.

''But of course. We would appreciate it even more if you would shoot some OpFor nutjobs who have been trying to steal our food... Including the potato chips.'' The corporal joked. ''But eh, have fun.'' He said before leaving.

"Yeah, I'll make sure the ratio works out," Jordan said, grinning the Corporal before turning back to the range with his flattened potato chip bag. Remembering that nearly every SC soldier, seeing as there were hardly any left, was getting ready for a fight of some sort, he gathered his guns while noting, "He can get his own damn Pringles from some pissed-off Afghans," Jordan walked quickly through the halls of the site, still in need of his black balaclava, helmet, gloves, goggles and the grenade launcher for his SCAR, also reminding himself that he had no idea who would be his CO for the next operation.

Eunice passed him, looking just as angry as before and still holding her M9. However, the gun appeared to be empty, meaning that she probably shot one of the roof-mounted lights. She wasn't wearing her uniform either, and was on her way to her uniform and weapons locker.
-Meanwhile-
''Hey, Morales. You see that thing on the radar?''
''What about it?''
''Couldn't that be our target?''
''Maybe. Let's check it out.''

"Sergeant, ma'am," Jordan said, trying to catch Eunice before she passed him. "What's the directive for my squad right now, or the entire platoon for that matter," he asked, taking the moment to try and do something about the round he left in the chamber of his SCAR. He quickly stopped himself and instead started removing his vertical grip since it would be a lot more acceptable than showing an officer that he forgot to ensure his weapon was safe before leaving a firing range.

''Make sure that those OpFor idiots don't steal anything or blow it up.'' Eunice quickly replied before going on. She quickly changed into her uniform and got her SCAR-L from her locker. Knowing herself, she didn't load it yet.

Knowing it would look best if he was ready as quickly as possible, Jordan only took care with attaching his Mk 13 grenade launcher, and carried the rest of his things through the halls as he made his way to whichever room was being used the most. With his weapons slung or holstered, Jordan was able to focus on putting on his gloves and balaclava. Once he was in the room he was trying to reach, he stood against the wall while he finished with his gear and waited for any further orders, holding his reoutfitted and reloaded SCAR so that the white paint reading "Earnhardt" behind the charging handle was readable, though the text needed to be small to fit in the space.

''Alright. Silence, everyone.'' A feminine voice suddenly said. Being one of the few women in Shadow Company, most of the soldiers immediately recognized Eunice's voice. ''As some of you might already know, Gold Eagle... Our commander... Is dead. He was found dead near the waterfall with a knife in his left eye.'' Eunice's facial expression could tell the soldiers that she was disgusted by this. ''He's been killed by those two Brits who blowed up the northern cave the other day. I've already ordered the helicopters to start searching for them- Wait a second.'' She was interrupted by a soldier who was manning the radio. ''You sure this isn't some kind of joke?'' She whispered to the soldier upon hearing what he said. The soldier assured Eunice that he was serious. ''... Alright, then. Tell them to keep following the helicopter.'' She continued. ''... Anyway, what I wanted to say whas that the chopper crews didn't find them yet, but I just received word that one of the helicopters located them. They're flying off the the north somewhat. There are lots of OpFor idiots there. Being the cautious pussies they are, those two Brits will probably change direction. THeir best option is to go west. I want a team here'' She said while pointing at a location on a map which was attached to the wall ''To ambush them and blow them out of the sky. Any volunteers?'' She said before putting her own hand in the air, indicating that she was going with whoever volunteered.

Just as he always was, Jordan was quick to volunteer for optional assignments, especially if he would be after those responsible for killing General Shepherd. Jordan transferred the weight of his SCAR to his right hand so he could raise his left, even before noticing that Eunice had also volunteered as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom