• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Opinions of Nozomi

Emerald

Reaction score
Personaly I think she's a bit bland, she helps out new beginners but doesn't hold back when she battles them. And, she has a boring personality. She should have more excitingness like Paul.

I think she's boring at the moment, but I have hopes that she'll get better given time and a few more appearances. The AG co-ordinator rivals were handled very well, so you'd think Dawn's main rival would get equal treatment. I also dig Nozomi's character design, especially when she dresses up for contests.

Although, something just occurred to me - both of the main female contest rivals (Soledad and Nozomi) are of the nice, powerful and bland variety. It's the male rivals (Drew, Harley and now Kengo) who are more varied and interesting. They're also all more antagonistic towards May/Dawn. Hmm. Coincidence?

Personaly I think she's a bit bland, she helps out new beginners but doesn't hold back when she battles them. And, she has a boring personality. She should have more excitingness like Paul.

We're hardly into Dp, give her some more time and development and then we can judge her more accurately.

Its too early to judge her, honestly.

We've only seen her in two episodes and she had less than 10 minutes of screentime in both. Since she's Dawn's main rival she should get fleshed out more later on but it still pains me how neither of Dawn's rivals (if you count Kengo) are as interesting as May's were.

I knew the writers would have a hard time topping the characters in May's story, but hopefully if they play up the Dawn/Nozomi angle with Kengo thrown in, it could get very interesting in the future.

I like Nozomi, but it's waaay too early to make judgements.

I don't think Kengo will reccur- I mean look at him. At the moment, the writers aren't planning to bring him back, or he'd have a more original design *cough V-neck Dude cough*

^^;; Well, when Drew first appeared, I wasn't that interested in him because he seemed to be EXACTLY like Gary and that was way too repetitive for me. But, as AG got further and further, I started separating him from Gary and saw him as his own character. Those two have loads in common as far as personality and battling techniques and blah blah, but I personally find Drew to have his own originality.

So, with Nozomi, given the fact I wasn't amused with Drew at first, I'm pretty sure Nozomi will become more interesting for those are "bored" with her. I like her a lot, and that's me being very vain because I think she has one of the best designs of a character ever, and plus, I'm digging AppealShipping a lot already. But, I agree that she may appear "boring." But like everyone else said -- give her some time.

I like Nozomi. We may have not seen much from her yet, but shes only been in 2 episodes. You gotta give her time. I think shes more interesting than other rivals, due to how she actually gets along with Hikari, and doesn't insult her or anything. Plus, we don't get many girl rivals anyways, which makes her more unique. I'm sure she'll get more interesting when she shows up again.

Nozomi hasn't gotten enough love to be judged ):

Hopefully we'll see more of her in the Buizel episode, as in how she is outside of contests. I'll be looking forward to it, anyway.

I really like Nozomi myself, but it's probably just because she's a female character who's not super cutesy or girly. She's obviously very talented and acts cool (but not snobbish like Gary), and I hope she'll get fleshed out a little more and they'll show her with an interesting personality.
Right now I'm wondering how they'll handle her in the dub.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom