• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Opinions on IGN.com's Top 100 Pokemon List

The only shockers here are Zerkrom and Rayquaza ranking at 10 and 7 respectively. Pleasant surprises because when the voting first started, I felt those were the only 2 later Gen Pokemon that could crack the top 20. Pleasantly, they cracked the top 10 with my favourite Pokemon ever Rayquaza being 7. Thats pretty cool I guess. I honestly did think Mewtwo would be number 1 and Charizard would be 2. Oh well.

What I don't get is how much people complain about their favourites not getting the position they hoped they'd get or about how the Pokemon already known to be massively popular got the top spots. How does this list affect you? It doesn't. If you favourite didn't make, get over it. Look at this way: Your tastes are unique.

I followed this list to confirm what I already knew. That Gen I and Gen II are much more popular than the polss here would have us believe. The surprises along the way were also good.

Elegant and powerful, Ninetails is one of the more impressive evolutions from the first generation of Pokémon. With multiple furry tails mimicking the plumage of a peacock, Ninetails is quite a sight to behold. Behind its majestic looks, Ninetails packs a fiery punch. What sets Ninetails apart from other Fire-type Pokémon is that it can also learn Ghost attacks like Confuse Ray and Will-O-Wisp. - KRISTINE

Hehehe....suckers dont know pokemon move types =)

Just an ADMIN NOTE

While you're free to disagree with the people who voted in the polls, and free to say so, calling them names or generally being demeaning toward them is simply not acceptable.

Please keep this in mind.

hipstermermaid.jpg

Pretty much sums up the list for me. All that matters is Torterra beat Infernape :D

Seriously I don't see the appeal of Charizard, it's an painfully average Pokemon both design and usage wise, but everyone treats it like some sort of god because "LUL ITZ A FYAH DRAYGUN!!!!!1!11 XD"

I don't see Zekrom anywhere, and it's way cooler than Reshiram. I think it's in the top 20.

And maybe Archeops...
Remarkable (for me) abscences among the top 100: Archeops, Eelektross, Volcarona. Golurk. What's wrong with those IGNorants?

Oh, at least Zekrom made it to the 10th place. Divine justice.

I don't give a damn about Charizard's double weakness (another of my favs, Volcarona, has the same double weakness), the design still rocks, but I doubt about it deserving first place.

Suddenly I want to do something about this. (Not a poll in the forum, something more elaborated)

P.S.
Feel free to to complete the first post with this list.

1) Charizard
2) Mewtwo
3) Blastoise
4) Lugia
5) Dragonite
6) Mew
7) Rayquaza
8) Zapdos
9) Tyranitar
10) Zekrom
11) Gyarados
12) Arcanine
13) Articuno
14) Ho-oh
15) Venusaur
16) Suicune
17) Gengar
18) Entei
19) Scizor
20) Alakazam

P.D.2

Lugia a Water-type.... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Seriously I don't see the appeal of Charizard, it's an painfully average Pokemon both design and usage wise, but everyone treats it like some sort of god because "LUL ITZ A FYAH DRAYGUN!!!!!1!11 XD"

Well Fyah draygun and the fact that IT WAS 2 HOT FOR ASH TO HANDLE LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I think its presence in the early anime certainly helped to boost its position. Most of the people voting wouldn't have a clue or care about how useless a battler Charizard is, and would give you a funny look when hearing the term meta-game.

Other points:

No Jack, it's not pronounced "Swy-koon".

Gen II had a comeback in the top 20. Final count was 44, 18, 15, 14, 9. No Gen IV's after Lucario in 32, every other Generation managed to scrape into the top 10.

I would've thought a few III-V'ers like *deep breath* Altaria, Mightyena, both of Ralts's final forms, Weavile, Leafeon, Rampardos and Krookodile would've made it on. But no, gotta make room for Onix, Raichu, Kadabra and the first two Gen I Ghosts. IMO Kadabra's a perfect exemple of the RBY bias... it looks just as derpy as some of the more bizarre Gen V Pokemon what with it's spoon and whiskers and random red marks, but it's an original so it's automatically amazing.

For sentimentality's sake, I was hoping to see Chandelure and Gliscor on the list, too... but I wasn't holding out much hope for either of them.

Ones that I was happy not to see were Fearow and Emboar.

Well Fyah draygun and the fact that IT WAS 2 HOT FOR ASH TO HANDLE LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I can hear the shippers getting ideas already.

I'm actually rather happy that Pikachu didn't get in the top ten but still made it. Normally, it either gets a first place spot or the Raichu fanatics all try to boot it off completely. .____.

What really ticked me off is that even when they had Dialga and Palkia on the list, they did not put poor Giratina on there. Just look at its Origin Forme. Kyogre did not make the list. These two pokemon are one my most favorite legendary pokemon along with Arceus(main character in my fanfics), Dialga, Palkia, Rayquaza, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Suicune, Rayquaza, and Latios

What really ticked me off is that even when they had Dialga and Palkia on the list, they did not put poor Giratina on there. Just look at its Origin Forme. Kyogre did not make the list. These two pokemon are one my most favorite legendary pokemon along with Arceus(main character in my fanfics), Dialga, Palkia, Rayquaza, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Suicune, Rayquaza, and Latios

Kyogre is on the list, placed at #25...

EDIT: Ninja'd by Thingamajig

All I know is Flygon is 30 spots too low. Otherwise, this list is a bit wonky. Groudon being number one makes it instantly laughable though, its got looks, but its not that good.

But look at what Audrey said about Giratina. Its like they don't acknowledge the existance of Giratina's Origin forme and and that he(I refer to Giratina as male because of my fanfic and others that I read.) is the ruler of Antimatter and the Distortion world.

But look at what Audrey said about Giratina. Its like they don't acknowledge the existance of Giratina's Origin forme and and that he(I refer to Giratina as male because of my fanfic and others that I read.) is the ruler of Antimatter and the Distortion world.

You answered your own question in bolded.

Its already been said, the main thing to take away from this list is that no matter what you may see on here, gens 1 and 2 are far more popular than you'd think.

Its already been said, the main thing to take away from this list is that no matter what you may see on here, gens 1 and 2 are far more popular than you'd think.
But the list doesn't show bias in favor of Generation II. Even fans who don't like that generation shouldn't be surprised at the inclusion of those 18 Pokémon, unless they take issue with Cyndaquil and Quilava being among the only non-fully-evolved starters.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom