• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Opinions on IGN.com's Top 100 Pokemon List

Number 9 is all that matters. I'm happy Charizard is number one though. I am also surprised how high Zekrom got. Pretty cool list but its hard to make a list of "top" anything cause everyone has a different opinion.

The bottom list isn't very surprising either. I'd probably have the whole Gothita line there, though.

Poor Burmy, what are you doing down there? Wormadam's awkward, sure, but Mothim's real cool...

Code:
	G1	G2	G3	G4	G5
All	43	18	16	13	10
1~10	6	2	1	0	1
11~20	6	4	0	0	0
21~30	4	3	2	0	1
31~40	5	1	1	3	0
41~50	5	0	4	1	0
51~60	4	1	1	3	1
61~70	2	2	3	1	2
71~80	2	4	1	0	3
81~90	3	1	2	3	1
91~100	7	0	0	3	0

When you think about it, Gen 5 did terribly good. Gen 3 did well towards the middle, and Gen 4 did well for the latter half.

IGN also just put a list of Top 10 Most Hated Pokemon based on which Pokemon scored lowest on their contest, I'm assuming.

Here is the link: http://ds.ign.com/articles/116/1165634p1.html

What do you think of this list? I personally think that Kricketot is cute.

I actually like most of the bottom 10, especially Gothita and Foongus, which in my opinion are really cute. I would have thought stuff like Seel and Jynx would have ended up down there, too. Sigh...

IGN also just put a list of Top 10 Most Hated Pokemon based on which Pokemon scored lowest on their contest, I'm assuming.

Here is the link: http://ds.ign.com/articles/116/1165634p1.html

What do you think of this list? I personally think that Kricketot is cute.

They really shouldn't be talking about a lack of creativity when they can't even rack their small brains to think of a third analogy to diss Foongus with.

IGN pisses me off.

Wait, why isn't Bidoof on that list?

Don't worry, this isn't the first time IGN has failed. Just look at their retrospective and their game family tree. Any game fan will tell you this tree failz:
And they even forgot a few ultra obscure released-in-US ones like the PokeMini games. Their timeline is also way off.

As the motto goes, you can't spell Ignorance without IGN.

Gen I: 0
Gen II: 1
Gen III: 3
Gen IV: 2
Gen V: 5

(I counted Silcoon and Cascoon individually, making the list the bottom 11, not the bottom 10.)

Interesting. It seems most of the most hated Pokemon come from Gen V. I can't exactly defend stuff like Trubbish or Stunfisk though, I'm sorry, but I actually do like Gothita and Foongus.
Hey, I don't mind Trubbish! And Stunfisk is friggin' cute! That goofy smile sold me.
No Gen I Pokemon, though that's not surprising. The awesome design of Voltorb and Grimer makes them highly popular Pokemon, after all. /sarcasm
QFT.
As much as I respect the first gen, I completely adore Gen V. In fact, I daresay I love my Golett and Golurk more than my past faves. And don't get me started on Sawk. Gen V is awesome. Too bad that some others just can't appreciate that.

It seems people's blind love for the older generations and their rather blandly-designed Pokemon have corrupted them. Gen 1 had so many throwaway Pokemon (Beedrill, Golduck, Electrode, Muk, Vileplume, Seaking, and Dewgong, just to name a few).

It seems people's blind love for the older generations and their rather blandly-designed Pokemon have corrupted them. Gen 1 had so many throwaway Pokemon (Beedrill, Golduck, Electrode, Muk, Vileplume, Seaking, and Dewgong, just to name a few).
Hey now! My little Sting has gotten me out of quite a few jams in SS. He's not throwaway. :snuggles her Beedrill:

But in all seriousness, yeah it does seem the nostalgia glasses are blinding quite a few people. If you're going to give me the choice between Machamp or Sawk, I will take Sawk in a second. Mewtwo versus Golurk? Golurk wins it in my eyes, hands down. I truly love this latest generation; these are some of the best Pokemon I've ever worked with and I absolutely adore them.

That argument can be made for nearly all generations by switching some words and names around.

You're just mad people don't like the Pokemon you like.

All I can say is...wow.

Also, I highly doubt that Silcoon and Cascoon "tied." Also, apparently Gothita'a a bug now. What kind of bugs are infesting the IGN headquarters?

Anyway, I now have a newfound respect for Burmy. Poor little guy...

At least Qwilfish wasn't in the bottom 10/11.

This whole voting system was completely unfair. It's pretty much a random list.

And how dare they say that about Foongus! Utter disrespect.

Gonna have to disagree with you about Vileplume. I really enjoy her design and her origins. Plus, mine's actually a pretty good fighter.

But in all seriousness, yeah it does seem the nostalgia glasses are blinding quite a few people. If you're going to give me the choice between Machamp or Sawk, I will take Sawk in a second. Mewtwo versus Golurk? Golurk wins it in my eyes, hands down. I truly love this latest generation; these are some of the best Pokemon I've ever worked with and I absolutely adore them.

I can agree with you about Mewtwo vs Golurk because I really don't care for Mewtwo at all. So many people love him, but to me he's always just been there. I never found what was so special about him. Even back in Gen I where he was clearly the best Pokemon, I still didn't much care about him. I always prefered Zapdos and Articuno over him as legendaries. Golurk reminds me of Power Rangers, for which it gets bonus points. I'll admit I haven't trained one yet though.

Machamp vs Sawk however, I have to give it to Machamp. While Sawk highly intrigues me and I'll more than likely train mine eventually, Machamp is a real boss of a Pokemon with 100% accurate Dynamicpunches.

I would start going into a gigantic rant containing many things that I don't agree with, like Darkrai's placement, for instance, but I won't, for the sake of keeping my sanity.

this list is highly subjective. complaining about other's choices and attacking the pre-Gen III pokemon only make you look inane. Just because you're a vocal part of the community doesn't mean you're the members of the community.

that being said, I approve of Charizard's spot.

... What? How can they hate Trubbish? That thing is freaking cute! D:

Gonna have to disagree with you about Vileplume. I really enjoy her design and her origins. Plus, mine's actually a pretty good fighter.
I really want to give Vileplume a go. I've only gotten them to fill my 'Dex and I've never tried working with one. It's Grass/Poison, right? I've had great luck with my Bulbasaur so maybe just maybe I'd have some decent luck with Vileplume.
I can agree with you about Mewtwo vs Golurk because I really don't care for Mewtwo at all. So many people love him, but to me he's always just been there. I never found what was so special about him. Even back in Gen I where he was clearly the best Pokemon, I still didn't much care about him. I always prefered Zapdos and Articuno over him as legendaries. Golurk reminds me of Power Rangers, for which it gets bonus points. I'll admit I haven't trained one yet though.
It's strange; I like Mewtwo and he's been one of my faves for years, but he has to take a backseat to Golurk. I mean, Mewtwo has a great Sp. Attack stat and that's why I've used him; now I'm not relying on Sp. Attack as much. I've never been the type to use a physical brawler, but now I have a lot of respect for those Pokemon who have a great Attack stat. I owe this all to my Golurk, Riser.

That and I love giant robots. Giant robot anything is pretty much win in my book. (I'm such a dork.)
Machamp vs Sawk however, I have to give it to Machamp. While Sawk highly intrigues me and I'll more than likely train mine eventually, Machamp is a real boss of a Pokemon with 100% accurate Dynamicpunches.
Thanks to Sawk, I may actually take the time to get off my tail and use Machamp.

I've never liked Fighting types. If I've used a Fighter, it's always been a half type and usually part Fire. But when I had to get a Fighter to take out Lenora, that changed. Sawk was such a huge help; instead of earning my badge and sitting in the box he's one of the highest leveled members of my team. I respect the Fighting type so much now that I want to grab my copy of Pearl and try training a Machop... and I never liked them! Amazing what this Gen has done for me...

...and I still say Trubbish and Stunfisk are cute. But then again, I think giant robots are cute, so what does that say about me? :lol:

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom