• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Opinions on IGN.com's Top 100 Pokemon List

I'm sorry, but what the heck is Meganum doing on this list?

Deoxys's placement makes a lot of sense. Its popular and powerful, but a lot of players never had the chance to use one since its strictly been an event pokemon so far.

I think Infernape should be a little higher.

As a person who's been a fan since the beginning I don't have a problem with Gen 1 pokemon, but there are pokemon that came after them that are just as good. But i do think the top spots are going to be dominated by the gen 1's.

Um.. I'm sorry, but if anything, Meganium should've been placed HIGHER than Infernape.

Hello, it's everyone's opinions, not yours only. :/

So why are you criticizing my opinion? You think Meganium should be higher, whatever I don't really care. This is my opinion. Meganium doesn't even deserve to be on the list.

If Indernape made it in the list, Blaziken is probably a lot higher.

Now you may love Infernape but you simply cannot deny that people hate it for 'copying' Blaziken. And Blaziken has always been a fan favourite. I think it might even be in the 50s

If Indernape made it in the list, Blaziken is probably a lot higher.

Now you may love Infernape but you simply cannot deny that people hate it for 'copying' Blaziken. And Blaziken has always been a fan favourite. I think it might even be in the 50s

LOL, actually I hate Infernape. I prefer Empoleon out of the Sinnoh starters. I'm sure Blaziken is a lot higher and it deserves to be. Its always been one of the most poular Hoenn pokemon. I'm ust saying that though there are people that hate Infernape, there are a lot of people that like it and I thought it would have been a few numbers higer.

LOL, actually I hate Infernape. I prefer Empoleon out of the Sinnoh starters. I'm sure Blaziken is a lot higher and it deserves to be. Its always been one of the most poular Hoenn pokemon. I'm ust saying that though there are people that hate Infernape, there are a lot of people that like it and I thought it would have been a few numbers higer.

oh I wasn't talking about you. :)

Soory for that misunderstanding. The 'you' refers to all who will rush to defend Infernape like crazy.

Well, I'm not much of a 'people' person, so I don't want to speculate on what other people thought... but Snivy is going to be in the top 50, to be sure.

Well, looks like Qwilfish isn't making the Top 100, sadly. In one round, it was losing to Dewgong 37% to 63%...

Anyway, so far it's mainly Gen I, Legendary, and Starter Bias from what I see. I fear for those in Gen V, since so far it's only Braviary.

Yay! Luxray made the list! :D

I bet Jynx isn't on there...wheres the love for the Most smexyo pokemon of all time??

I couldn't even say that with a straight face.

Gardevoir will probably make it into the top 20, but I really dont like it.

Man. Some of the most boring pokemon (in my eyes, at least) have already made it on here. Rapidash, Glaceon, Rhydon, Growlithe. If lists like this confirm anything, it's that I really don't get other peoples taste in 'mons. :p

I wonder if they held a poll on their site for this. Or this is just the "personal" top 100 of the article writer.

No, there was a game where you were shown two Pokémon and had to choose your favorite. The results are the data from this.

oh yea, i read it just now, with 14 million votes huh.

Anyway, I expected Glaceon to be higher. And cubone? :XD2: :goof:

Not surprised by the number of gen 1 pokemon. Not one non-legendary gen 3, and only one gen 5 that is supposedly the best. Top 50 all kanto? Probably.

Even at the top 51-100 spots, I consider to be wild fluff. In any poll I expect those positions to alter drastically depending on the pool of voters they tapped into and the way they carried out voting.

If people could pick their favorites at will, this poll would probably have turned out way different.

Though to be fair, that would have also introduced a ton of nostalgia bias so I'm glad they did it this way.

I am peeved about one minor thing. I'm okay with the fact Glaceon made the list, and in the way they worded the description it sounds like no Eeveelution made it above its rank, and that's fine. My bias is cleary showing, but I was pretty livid that they just had to single out Leafeon's type disadvantage in a comparison competition that's clearly anything but stat/type based. At the very least they didn't have to sound snarky about it :/ [/two cents]

If people could pick their favorites at will, this poll would probably have turned out way different.

Though to be fair, that would have also introduced a ton of nostalgia bias so I'm glad they did it this way.

That's what I had thought, I didn't really think this was the most effective way to determine the top 100 pokemon, but then again if it was just "Vote for your favorite Pokemon" it would be pretty screwy too in ways.

Best not to take the list to heart though, it's not like it's an OFFICIAL best pokemon or anything. :/ Wouldn't be surprised if half of the votes for some Pokemon would be from one person spamming their love for it day and night.

Some of the most boring pokemon (in my eyes, at least) have already made it on here. Rapidash, Glaceon, Rhydon, Growlithe.

Even though I like all of those, I am a bit bewildered as to why they would be on the list as they're all quite low on the creativity side.

I do really like that Gabite placed though. Now let's just hope that Gablias didn't make it.

Deoxys got beat by freaking Electabuzz(who even beat out its evo) WTF!

This is more then likely going to be filled with a shit load of Gen I Pokemon thanks to those fans who are like "ZOMG TEH 151 POKEMANZ ARE TEH BEST EVA AND ALL THE OTHER ONES SUCKZZZ LULZ!"

But in all fairness, that WOULD make them legitimately the most popular, which is the point of the contest. People like that aren't ruining anything.

I still don't get how the voting works, I got the same matchups many times. I got Ho-oh vs. Feraligatr atleast 6 times.

And since this list only looks for popularity, the list so far is hardly surpprising.

If people only got a limited number of votes, say 10, then the list would be lot more accurate.

Man. Some of the most boring pokemon (in my eyes, at least) have already made it on here. Rapidash, Glaceon, Rhydon, Growlithe. If lists like this confirm anything, it's that I really don't get other peoples taste in 'mons. :p

Glaceon is not boring :O seriously most of the pokemon on the list I like.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom