• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Opinions on IGN.com's Top 100 Pokemon List

Nice to see Blastoise, Dragonite, Zekrom, and Rayquaza in the top ten. Mew, too, but it was so HURR DURR I'M SO MAKING IT IN THE TOP 10 that I didn't have to hope.

Sadfaec that Mudkip didn't get on the list. (Especially since Onix did.) Heck, one time I brought my Mudkip Pokedoll to the mall for no real reason. I was at Sears and the cashier saw it, pointed at it, and hesitantly said, "Mud...kip...Mudkip! Or something like that." I thought that would count for something here, but oh well.

So basically... Legendaries, Starters, Eeveelutions, Pseudos, Dragons, Gen 1 stuff, and very few not into those categories, but either dinosaur or quadruped-based.

What a boring list. Unsurprisingly, my top favorites didn't even make it. lulz. A few favorites did at least. Most of them Legendaries lolol.

I dunno. Maybe I just have bad taste in character design or something.
I like to apply Sturgeon's Law to mankind, so I have to say that no, it's not you. :p

That aside, good thing I didn't read the commentary.

Not at all suprised that Charizard and Mewtwo took the top 2 spots, but did anyone expect Blastoise to be number 3?!!!!!!!!!!!! Its my favorite pokemon so i'm really happy to see it up so high.

I was actually expecting Blastoise to be ~5 or 6, so it's a pleasant surprise for me as well. ^_^

Not at all suprised that Charizard and Mewtwo took the top 2 spots, but did anyone expect Blastoise to be number 3?!!!!!!!!!!!! Its my favorite pokemon so i'm really happy to see it up so high.

Exactly what Blue here said. Blastoise is the best pokemon ever, bust I expected it to be behind Venisaur. I also did not see Joltik as the highest rated eeveeloution. I wish that either Flareon, Umbreon, Vaperon, or Espeon would make top twenty. But I guess it's not meant to be.

Exactly what Blue here said. Blastoise is the best pokemon ever, bust I expected it to be behind Venisaur. I also did not see Joltik as the highest rated eeveeloution. I wish that either Flareon, Umbreon, Vaperon, or Espeon would make top twenty. But I guess it's not meant to be.

LOLWUT?

I honestly could care less about the list at IGN... I still have my own top 100 list. :]

*Facepalm*

Any ways thank god Pikachu is not in the top 10.

#19, Scizor! I thought so! Take that Scyther XD.
#15, So Venusaur scores last out of the original 3, huh? Not surprised.
#14, No doubt Lugia will place higher, also, thanks to Audrey for her personal input. /sarcasm
#12, Arcanine in Top 15, huh? I need to get one, one of these days.
#11, Gyarados! DragonDance! What more could you want?
#10, Yeaheah! That's what I'm talking about! It's Shocking! Agreed, no love for Chandelure D:
#9, Ah yes, the uber-awesome Sand Streamer! Also, unique typing :D
#8, Zapdos, another great battler and one of the original bird trio!
#7, Lucky Number for me! RAYQUAZA!
#6, Aww! (Mew's only #6 :( & it's cute :3), Mewtwo better not.. no it.. Haha! Don't have Mew do you? WELL, I've got a few WonderCards to spare ;).
#5, Dragonite?! O'rly? Don't get me wrong, I love my HG Dragonite. Just didn't think it would score this high above most other pseudos.. then again, voters are (mostly) nostalgics. Audrey commentates.. lol.
#4, I knew it.. you WOULD score higher than Rainbow Turkey -.-. Oh well, you do look cool, you sea-dwelling wyvern.
#3, Ah, the next Starter makes an appearance. Blastoise, I guess, overrated place. Not saying it's bad, just.. yeah.
#2 ...You didn't. NO! How could you put a clone above the original ancestor?! AAHHHrrrgGHHH. I bet Charizard's up next. Mah Poke-senses, dey r tinglin'.
#1, No comment.

Last edited:
Saw the top 10 coming a mile away; the only surpising one was Zekrom. This fandom's overall taste in Pokemon is, for the most part, predictable.

Gastly of all things making the list was...odd. As well as Kadabra and Rhydon...

Last edited:
Chrizard got number 1...........

FUUUUUUUUUUU- Looks like a shit load of fucking gen I fan boys did vote in this and put the most fucking over rated Pokemon ever at number 1!!!!!!

Oh and they said Lugia was a water type *Facepalm*

Number 1 should be number 50, nostalgic d*cks. And of course legendaries make up the top 20 :/, nothing, other than the legendaries, are their any 3rd gen+ in the top 20. :mad:

Charizard is no. 1.... wo-ho.... It's the best pokemon around... so awesome and predictible...

Wow, no Jigglypuff? LOL.

Surprised Gardevoir didn't make it either, the Japanese love her.

Well if I'm being honest, the way the voting system was set up was kinda crappy. I saw some Pokemon over and over, and some I didn't even see once, which has to contribute to the order of the list.

This list seems more like a "100 popular Pokemon in no particular order" to me. It really wasn't a very well thought out way of making a poll, since people were restricted to a certain number of options. What they got was a list that reveals 100 Pokemon that are popular (well, most of them), but they're not in any order of greatness. I was happy to see that all the evos of my favorite Pokemon are on there, but that's probably just because my favorite Pokemon (Cyndaquil) happens to be a starter.

tumblr_lfev1dRqEx1qg4a9po1_500.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom