• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Opinions on IGN.com's Top 100 Pokemon List

Yew! Blastoise got #3 and Dragonnite got #5!

Some of my favourite pokemon made the top! Oh well. I expected Charizard. But why so many legendary pokemon in the list?

TBH, I'm surprised that Snivy didn't get on there at all, especially considering his almost-meteoric rise to memehood and popularity.

That is surprising, and I'm also surprised that Oshawott didn't get in, considering how quickly it was hated, and then how quickly that turned around, and how much it was loved after that.

Did Scizor make the list? People are saying "yay for Zekrom", but I'm not seeing Scizor... D8; I might have missed it, but...if Scizor ain't there, I'll be surprised!

Did Scizor make the list? People are saying "yay for Zekrom", but I'm not seeing Scizor... D8; I might have missed it, but...if Scizor ain't there, I'll be surprised!

He made it. He was #19.

What if Bulbagarden does a massive poll to choose the top 100? Not a thread in the forum, but something more elaborated. It's not too hard to program, I guess. The "hardest" part is coming with a good poll system. I have some ideas. Maybe "choose your 10 favs" and add points according to the place you put them.

I second that

^No it didn't. Electabuzz scored higher than Electivire which actually isn't surprising at all.

Oh wow, I guess I misremembered. I just remember there being a Gen IV evo of a Gen I pokemon that scored higher than the Gen I pokemon.

Where was Slowking? And Scrafty?

Plus me and Stealth Rock think Charizard is WAAAAAAY Too Overrated.

I'm also suprised Hydreigon didn't make the list.

None of those were that surprising...

Except for perhaps the cocoons. They're certainly not popular, but I never felt they were hated either. They were just there. Burmy too.

IGN also just put a list of Top 10 Most Hated Pokemon based on which Pokemon scored lowest on their contest, I'm assuming.

Here is the link: http://ds.ign.com/articles/116/1165634p1.html

What do you think of this list? I personally think that Kricketot is cute.

Gen I: 0
Gen II: 1
Gen III: 3
Gen IV: 2
Gen V: 5

(I counted Silcoon and Cascoon individually, making the list the bottom 11, not the bottom 10.)

Interesting. It seems most of the most hated Pokemon come from Gen V. I can't exactly defend stuff like Trubbish or Stunfisk though, I'm sorry, but I actually do like Gothita and Foongus.

No Gen I Pokemon, though that's not surprising. The awesome design of Voltorb and Grimer makes them highly popular Pokemon, after all. /sarcasm

Last edited:
I didn't mind the top 100 list but the bottom 10 seems really wrong in my opinion. Honestly even though I hate Patrat I don't see how it's any worse than Ratatta (which I also hate), or Foongus worse than something like Voltorb.

Honestly, I wished IGN picked a better title for that. "Most Hated" seems a bit... Too extreme and unfitting. You know what I mean?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom