• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

OPS Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see. Land of the Lost was live-action. There was a Tarzan cartoon that might have had sexy Amazonian women in it, and I think Lost World is also live action. But Lost World is still on, isn't it?

Barb said:
Let's see. Land of the Lost was live-action. There was a Tarzan cartoon that might have had sexy Amazonian women in it, and I think Lost World is also live action. But Lost World is still on, isn't it?

I don't think so, I watched that one too, and it's dissapeared on me ^^;

Lost World is a live action show loosely based on a story by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, IIRC. Essentially a group of explorers become lost in the Amazon rainforest and discover a prehistoric world, perfectly preserved from humans, which naturally includes dinosaurs, saber tooth tigers, and buxom blonde natives. It was on the WB (at least here in Florida) on Saturday afternoons. Maybe it got cancelled.

1970s Saturday morning cartoons and why they're so good for you. Any thoughts?

Flintstones started in the 1960s, yes, same as The Jetsons, ironically. Okay, how about the Smurfs? Somebody has to remember a 90-minute cartoon about small blue creatures who used their name as a verb.

Kasumi-san said:
I remember when the Smurfs started. People used to say they were satanic. ._.;

I thought they supposedly promoted communism ^^;

Never heard the Communism theory, but I did hear the satanic one a few times. My favorite was Handy Smurf.

Barb said:
Okay, how about the Smurfs? Somebody has to remember a 90-minute cartoon about small blue creatures who used their name as a verb.
90 minutes? I don't remember it being that long.

I think it was. It was at least 60 minutes long, which was unusual for a cartoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom