• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

OR/AS at E3?

Lugiafanatic

Reaction score
Last year, there was a ton of stuff about XY revealed in the E3.

Do you guys think the RS remakes will get the same treatment? If so, what will be revealed?

I think we could get more significant info than we did with XY last year, because of the fact that the E3 is one month, rather than 5 months, after their reveal.

Thoughts?

Definitely. Pokemon is a huge hype machine, and this is a game people have been asking for for years, they'd be fools not to advertise it at E3. I'm not expecting as much info this time as XY got last year considering they were only just announced, but they'll probably give us the gist of what's happening in this game (the general storyline, the new region, are there going to be more Pokemon, etc.).

We have to see more info about these games at E3. Especially since (as of now) the 3DS is not getting any significant games after like Tomodachi Life (for regions outside Japan) and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. ORAS was probably announced now to be used as a preview for what is (hopefully) coming to the 3DS later this year.

But I agree with @Bolt the Cat, we probably won't get as much info about ORAS compared to XY last year since ORAS were just announced. Then again, ORAS is working on a shorter marketing schedule compared to XY, so maybe the info train will be on slight overdrive these next few months.

I think the main purpose of the video (by giving us that little data..) is to focus total attention in the E3. They know we are craving for more details.. Maybe they'll keep launching little stuff until E3 comes.

At the very least a trailer, my guess is that there announcement right now out of the blue is just to hype for a full-on reveal at the E3 Stream (hopefully alongside Pokken Fighters)

Well, I believe Nintendo plans to promote Super Smash Bros. at E3, but I hope they take some time to give some more information about ORAS.

Nintendo has shown themselves to be very social-media savvy. I can totally see Reggie going on that Direct thing and saying "Yes, Hoenn Confirmed!", and shows some screens of the updated region.

Yeah, the reason we didn't get anything other than the boxsets this month is because they're saving the first gameplay trailer, screenshots etc. for E3. They just wanted people to be aware the games were coming beforehand so they tuned in.

Although, I am suprised they didn't even have a Pokémon Direct. But I suspect that's because of how little there was to talk about.

Yeah, I expect some early details and another trailer to be shown during the E3. I don't think there'll be too much given though to start out with.

I could easily see them showcasing some information at E3, if not a new trailer with some graphics. It might not be too much, especially when they'll probably focus more on the new Super Smash Bros game, but I'd imagine that they'd do something with these games.

I have every belief that our first major source of information will be a trailer in the Digital event, much how Bayonetta 2 was basically nothing but a title until E3 2013.

It'll be there.

Make it happen Nintendo, I wants me some good Eats (at)3, and info is a great supplement. I have a fever, and the only cure is moar info

E3 has to be the reason the first trailer is so bare-bones compared to XY's. They'll probably show us the first gameplay there.

I'm hoping for it. If anything revealed in CoroCoro is plain, then E3 must be where something will be revealed.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom