• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

OR/AS Bold Predictions

TerraTF

Is Not A Moderator
Reaction score
What are your bold predictions for the remakes? What do you expect to happen in this game? Try to stay away from the obvious ones like "Aqua will want a world of water."

For me it would be that the Safari Zone will be where the Friend Safari is in Hoenn and it won't be accessible without the Champion's permission.

Phoenixon

I'm back
Reaction score
-They will be sequels and not remakes. (I'm not sure if this is bold, but most people DO think they're remakes, so yeah...)
-Contests won't return, or if they do, they'll be a lot different from before
-Major changes in the gyms and elite four.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They will have a new gimmick/feature/pointless-thing-we-will-love

Like walking pokemon in HGSS.

Also Gyms will be redesigned.

Storyline changes.

pokemon is a mistake

Take me away from here...
Reaction score
Pokémon-Amie is not returning in the remakes. That would suck, because most people (including myself) love the feature, but we're talking about Game Freak here, the developer team who had the genius idea of removing the awesome Pokétch from post-Platinum games.

Capricious Equilibrium

I'm A Bit-I Mean Witch
Reaction score
Mega/Forme Groudon/Kyogre will be Ground/Fire and Water/Ice.

Also, sorry to anyone I pestered with Sinnoh spec, once Hoenn spec calmed my love for Sinnoh stilled. 2hipster4u XD

Also, walking Pokemon. Please.

I'm guessing it'll be sequels because the whole new world thing.

Phoenixon

I'm back
Reaction score
the developer team who had the genius idea of removing the awesome Pokétch from post-Platinum games
Don't remind me! I cri evrytym.
And with that, another bold prediction: The Poketch or something similar will return.

TerraTF

Is Not A Moderator
Reaction score
And with that, another bold prediction: The Poketch or something similar will return.
This will pair well with my next Bold Prediction. The PokeNav will be on the bottom screen and will be how we interact with out Pokemon for Pokemon Amie and Super Training. It'll also be a better excuse for the bottom stuff to be there.

Phoenixon

I'm back
Reaction score
The PokeNav will be on the bottom screen and will be how we interact with out Pokemon for Pokemon Amie and Super Training. It'll also be a better excuse for the bottom stuff to be there.
But then it will have to be renamed. Because it won't be about "navigating" any more.

Last edited:

Team Gaara

Borderland Sword
Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to comprehend a lack of MegaRayquaza~

Reaction score
Here's 'nother one.

Regigigas gets a role. Maybe even a big one. In the post game of course.

Regi trio is from Hoenn. It only makes sense that... Well.

Regigigas.

EDIT: I keep coming up with these predictions as my conversations pass.

A new area connecting to Hoenn.

Like Sevii Islands and West Johto.

Will go with the trend of remakes.

Last edited:

SirOni

Driving You Batty
Reaction score
There won't be Megas for Sceptile and Swampert because Gamefreak don't have boners for them like they do for Blaziken.

Alola

ᵢₙ ₜₕₑ ₙₐₘₑ ₒf ₜₕₑ ₘₒₒₙ...
Reaction score
The Gym Leaders won't be as difficult as they were initially in R/S.

The Braille necessary for the Regis will either be redone or removed.

And Contests will only be in Lilycove and not scattered throughout the region (NOOOOOOOOO).

Pyrax

Outlaws for Life
Reaction score
I want the player to go on a space shuttle so they can go to the moon and fight Deoxys.

Like Sevii Islands
The ability to visit the Sevii Islands in ORAS? ...Actually yeah, the inclusion of the Sevii Islands is an excellent idea. What better way to reference the first set of remakes and expand the postgame, eh?

Karpi

The Darkest Magikarp
Reaction score
REGIGIGAS. Gets a plot because Team Aqua and Magma want his control over tectonic plates to create more/less coastline

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Reaction score
I would love to see Scott make a return, alongside the original Battle Frontier. God, the hours that I spent on that beautiful island.

Steel_Justice

Glorious Goo
Reaction score
I think there's gonna be more legendaries catchable like in HGSS. I have a feeling Dialga and Palkia will be exclusives like Groudon and Kyogre were in HGSS.

J Jay

Onepanman
Reaction score
There won't be Megas for Sceptile and Swampert because Gamefreak don't have boners for them like they do for Blaziken.
Alternatively: Sceptile and Swampert get Mega Evolutions, Blaziken gets a second one.

Phoenixon

I'm back
Reaction score
Alternatively: Sceptile and Swampert get Mega Evolutions, Blaziken gets a second one.
Mega Blaziken Alpha and Omega? I personally don't like how Charizard got two mega evos and the other Kanto starters only got one, it's just too unfair.
So I HOPE they don't give Blaziken another evo.
But I have a feeling they will for some reason....

TerraTF

Is Not A Moderator
Reaction score
I think I have another Bold Prediction. You'll be able to receive both [email protected] in the game as well as Darkrai, Cresselia, and Shaymin through events similar to the ones in Gen 4.

J Jay

Onepanman
Reaction score
Mega Blaziken Alpha and Omega? I personally don't like how Charizard got two mega evos and the other Kanto starters only got one, it's just too unfair.
So I HOPE they don't give Blaziken another evo.
But I have a feeling they will for some reason....
That's the power of popularity for you. I agree though, one Mega 'Ken is plenty for me.

Another prediction that I don't actually want to happen: No rematches for gym leaders/E4.