• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

OR/AS Bold Predictions

1. Regigigas and his golems get a post-game arc. I'm not sure what it would involve, but it might be a pretty interesting inclusion.
2. The Elite Four will get character development beyond "Hi, I exist, I have x character trait, let's fight."
3. Steven will be champion. Why, you ask? Wallace sucked.

They'll pull a Mega Mewtwo X/Y and reveal that the Mega Blaziken we had all along will only appear in either OR or AS and there will be a second MEvo in the opposite version.

They'll pull a Mega Mewtwo X/Y and reveal that the Mega Blaziken we had all along will only appear in either OR or AS and there will be a second MEvo in the opposite version.

No, either Sceptile gets two mega evos or NONE OF THEM DO.

How about you get to go to the moon when a scientist in the Mosdeep Space Center says a certain number! On the moon, you can catch Jirachi and Deoxys!

How about you get to go to the moon when a scientist in the Mosdeep Space Center says a certain number! On the moon, you can catch Jirachi and Deoxys!

Lunatone, Solrock, and other space-based Pokemon will also be found there.
Although, I'm not certain if it will be the moon we visit.... WHAT IF THEY MAKE IT ANOTHER PLANET?!

*The new postgame area (Like Sevii Islands in FR/LG and the new routes in HG/SS) is another planet where you can catch Jirachi and Deoxys, as well as other space themed pokemon.
*Mew has a mega evolution for X as well as Y, and is obtained after catching it on the Forgotten Island, after battling Red who finally caught all 151 Kanto Pokemon after catching one of two Mew's on the island. He battles you, and after you win he decides that you'd be a good trainer for Mew and allows you to catch the second Mew after flying back to Kanto on Charizard.
*The 7 unused islands around the area each contain a legendary from previous generations, with the eighth and largest being a new town (The equivalent of Kiloude City from X/Y)
*Pokemon Amie will return, improved and under a new name, and Super Training will be removed
*New clothes including the outfits of previous Gen trainers.
*Some sort of Battle station on the largest island that lets you battle iconic trainers from other gens (Such as Red, Leaf, Blue, Calem and Serena)

I've kept pointing out the return of the Sevii Islands. And the Mass Outbreaks would only have National Dex Pokémon and can happen in any numbered route. Team Rocket returns in the Sevii Island story and they briefly invade Hoenn to try to catch the legendary Zapdos who is taking refuge in New Mauville. New Mauville is also the place to evolve Magneton and Nosepass (but only in the new post-story basement that Team Rocket opens). Eevee can evolve into Leafeon and Glaceon in Petalburg Woods and Shoal Cave respectively. The sign on route 110 that says "Team Magma/Aqua Rulez" will have "Team Rocket Was Here" scribbled on it after the Sevii quest. Red is the final boss of the Trainer Tower. FireRed and LeafGreen is referenced as taking place a month ago. It will have Emerald stuff like the Battle Frontier. Contests are held in Lilycove. The graphics match X and Y. Jigglypuff and Marill are fairy types. It will not leave any Pokémon as only available from Generational transfers. The Hoenn Pokédex will remain the same.

*Pokemon Amie will return, improved and under a new name, and Super Training will be removed

It's much more likely the opposite happens. Super training is more essential to the game than Amie; Amie is actually easily disposable. But Super training, regardless of if they change how it works, will likely be present. Now that they've added an EV training system, I doubt they'd remove it.

2. The Elite Four will get character development beyond "Hi, I exist, I have x character trait, let's fight."

I'd really love seeing Phoebe on a 2nd/1st visit to Mount Pyre visiting her grandparents, Drake in Slateport captaining a ship, Glacia visiting Shoal Cave's Ice Room/Some new ice area, and Sidney, um... being there.

Characters originally from XY will appear here, except that they are younger. If that happens, I'd hope it would be Diantha, Sycamore or Lysandre.

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. I think there's a job at Game Freak waiting for you.

How about this: Xerneas/Yveltal need to be transferred to OR/AS in order to obtain an event item or pokémon.

It's much more likely the opposite happens. Super training is more essential to the game than Amie; Amie is actually easily disposable. But Super training, regardless of if they change how it works, will likely be present. Now that they've added an EV training system, I doubt they'd remove it.

Just a random prediction, I personally didn't have much use for it or enjoy it as a feature, but I do agree that you're right, other then the fact that there's an Eevee evolution linked to Amie, they'll probably rename it, maybe it will be accessible through your Secret Base?

With contests returning and character customization now possible, a whole new fabulous monster will appear...

POKEMON CUSTOMIZATION.

That's right boys and girls, shinies will now be rendered redundant with the new advent of organic Pokedyes to make your team all rock the same pastel colors! Laugh and cry with your Pokemon as you are forced to tie it to a makeup chair in order to put in fake eyelashes! Smile to the camera as you're filmed giving your Salamence a fierce french mani, all courtesy of the most famous Kalos stylists! Ever been tormented with the fact that your Nosepass is so goddamned ugly? Well, be tormented no longer! Just watch a short documentary on a flat-screen at a strangers' house and immediately learn how to do plastic surgery! THE FUTURE IS NOW!

-Sceptile and Swampert will recieve megas. Sceptile will not change its type but Swampert will. About Blaziken, I think there is a 50% chance he recieves a new mega and 50% he recieves two new megas. They will be revelated very late.

-Character customization will be a post-game feature and will be as limited as it was in XY.

-Walking Pokemon will not return. Why do people really think that they will design 750 3D overworld Pokemonfrom scratch?

-The games will have new features akin to Pokewalker/Pokeathlon that nobody will be able to predict.

-The Pokemon in the boxart are new formes of Kyogre and Groudon. It's a new type of megaevolution exclusive to them, when instead of using the megastones they use the orbs. They will be called Alpha Kyogre and Omega Groudon.

-Juan will be the eight leader, because of the anime. Steven will be the champion the first time you challenge the league, Wallace will be the champion in the first rematch, Steven will be in the second rematch, Wallace the third rematch and so on.

Constantly updating as I think new stuff :p

Last edited:
There will not be any new megas, kyogre and groudon will be the only new formes. Like with hgss the rivals will not receive team upgrades of any sorts and be identical to what they were in rs. There won't be any new pokemon in the dex untill post-game. The regi puzzle is made significantly easier, with no braille and more hints towards where they are. The sky pillar is also made easier. Contests are altered from the original in some way to make it easier. The battle frontier returns but the trainers in it are made easier. No trainer hill or mirage tower. No soul dew in this game either (replaced with mega stone), essentially dummying out the item from the series by making it unobtainable. No new Zygarde formes, making the implied Z the most complete game at the end of the generation and the one you'll need to seriously battle competitatively. Regigigas will be in the game but there won't be any more story to it than there was in BW2. Event legendaries like Deoxys and Jirachi will not be obtainable in the game, and instead be handed out by event later in the game's life. Lugia, mew etc. are also not catachable in the game. There won't be any meaningful cameo's from characters from other games, at best something like Jasmine in DP. Secret base battles will return but no longer give any experience and they won't be shareable online, locally only.

Last edited:
There will be no new megas nor new formes, and all the GF staff in Lilicove make subtle jabs at the player for thinking there was more to either. :D

About Blaziken, I think there is a 50% chance he recieves a new mega and 50% he recieves two new megas

No, no, oh god no, PLEASE NO!! Why does Blaziken even deserve two, let alone THREE!? Only two Pokemon, which are arguably two of the most popular Pokemon got two mega evos, Charizard and Mewtwo. Blaziken doesn't even come near their popularity, and you think it's possible he'll get TWO NEW Mega evos? Like wut?

ORAS will introduce...MEGA WAILORD.

Now, considering that Wailord is already huge, Game Freak had to find a way to put it in the game without breaking it. So, instead of just making it bigger, Mega Wailord is a killer whale with half of Wailord's size and HP but double the offensive stats. The Apocalypse shall soon be upon us, and it will consist of a wave of competitive battlers with Pokemon called Shamu.

Incorporating Emerald elements

Okay, so in Ruby/Sapphire you're primarily up against the villainous team who is after their respective member of the weather trio ... but what if, in the postgame, the other team manages to find and awaken theirs? Then, either you have to face-off your legendary versus theirs, or go catch Rayquaza and take theirs out.

Incorporating Emerald elements

Okay, so in Ruby/Sapphire you're primarily up against the villainous team who is after their respective member of the weather trio ... but what if, in the postgame, the other team manages to find and awaken theirs? Then, either you have to face-off your legendary versus theirs, or go catch Rayquaza and take theirs out.

So i'm not the only one who came up with that thought, last night the idea came to me where in the after game you fight the remaining team catch kyogre ( as you're unable to main game due to it's new form/mega) to fight groudon and after your fight groudon rayquaza comes in on his own to stop the battle. it would make for some nice post game and hg/ss did have the suicune quest go into the after game.

Back
Top Bottom