• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS demo

How was your ORAS Demo experience?

• Great! Can't wait to play the real game.

Votes: 58 71.6%
  • Just ok. Still waiting to finish the whole demo.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Arrghh..not that good.

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
Apparently there are TWO secret missions, one of which earns you a Nugget to transfer to the actual game... I'm so annoyed at the stupid "random low chance" thing.

While yes, the Secret Missions don't really do anything or give you much (Only a Nugget so far), it is irritating that these "secret missions" are so rare that most won't encounter them. Good job the other Mega wasn't a reward for a secret mission or people would slaughter GameFreak!

Damn, when they said "play it every day" I didn't know they meant "play it every single day for the rest of your life until you finally randomly get that damn nugget and you never want to see a Shroomish in your life ever again".

I seriously don't see what's the point of making us play those adventures over and over again. Why couldn't those secret missions just be unlocked after playing 20 and 30 times?

It would make more sense if we got a legendary pokemon with mega stone after it, but a nugget? Come on Game Freak, this is just ridiculous.

D:

TWO SECRET MISSIONS??

Okay, I'm placing a higher bet. It seems treating someone to dinner isn't sufficient enough to jinx me. I usually have bad luck with gambling, so...

EDIT: For heaven's sake, even as much as I enjoy going on those mini-dates with Steven, I'm seriously irritated with how random these secret missions are. And the fact that there's TWO.

Last edited:
Why am I not surprised TPCI/Game Freak managed to come up with the most annoying demo I've ever seen? Guess they felt like they weren't going to piss off fans enough via they way they were distributing the demo.

even as much as I enjoy going on those mini-dates with Steven,

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who felt as if I'm dating Steven in this demo lmao... but yes, this whole "secret missions" thing is just stupid. What IS it with Gamefreak and their love of doing extremely limited things? Wether that's the event "mythical" pkmn that are almost impossible to obtain in some cases, or the crazy in-game stuff like the original RS' Feebas/Mirage Island...... and now this demo... damn it.
Also, is it REALLY necessary to play it "every day"? what if I skipped a day?.... I tried to play it at least once a day, but I think maybe there were a day or two that I didn't play it at all... am I screwed? or it doesn't really matter and they just implied we should play it a lot?

even as much as I enjoy going on those mini-dates with Steven,

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who felt as if I'm dating Steven in this demo lmao... but yes, this whole "secret missions" thing is just stupid. What IS it with Gamefreak and their love of doing extremely limited things? Wether that's the event "mythical" pkmn that are almost impossible to obtain in some cases, or the crazy in-game stuff like the original RS' Feebas/Mirage Island...... and now this demo... damn it.
Also, is it REALLY necessary to play it "every day"? what if I skipped a day?.... I tried to play it at least once a day, but I think maybe there were a day or two that I didn't play it at all... am I screwed? or it doesn't really matter and they just implied we should play it a lot?

I don't think it matters if you play daily or not (though I'm not sure, I know for certain I skipped a day and I still haven't gotten either secret mission)
They probably don't want to say 'well, playing this repeatedly makes new stuff happen, so go binge play 30 times in a day to get new stuff!'

Seriously?! A rare chance of getting a "secret mission" for a Nugget?! I'll just read Vladimir Tod, thank you very much..;.;
This demo, while good, just doesn't seem worth the hassle I've been having to go through. STILL don't have my extra codes, plus this, the secret, rare missions?
I don't think I'll be touching the demo until I get OR/AS for Christmas, because this is just crazy. I don't like to complain, but, c'mon...A nugget? ;.;
Atleast it's not a Steelix with it's mega stone, but still, it's kinda discouraging.

So the best extra reward (after 10 playthroughs) we can get is a damn nugget. Well that's lowered my desire to replay it more than necessary.

I would say I'm surprised, but given how lacking the demo is in general I'm really not. I still haven't unlocked the first secret mission and I've had the demo for two weeks now, and tbh I'm giving up bothering since there's really no incentive or reward for wasting all my time trying to get it. And there's no way I'd continue to do it for another mission just for a Nugget. If not for the Mega Stone to transfer, I think the demo would be an entire waste of time and utterly useless because it's offers nothing and it's really shoddy.

*sigh* Well, time to return to the land of boredom. Even I, who can be very stubborn and determined to maximize what I've got, might just give up on this demo now. It was fun, but after 70+ times of playing (like I said, I'm stubborn and determined), I just don't think I can keep playing for the sake of an extra Aqua/Magma battle sequence and... a Nugget. I still have several Big Nuggets, Pearl Strings, and every other valuable item like that sitting in Y, some of which I already plan to trade over to ORAS for a boost, so that's a bit redundant. If they had made these secret missions more interesting with better rewards, then maybe I'd still be determined enough to keep on playing.

Usually I make the most of what I've got, as I've always lived in fairly isolated area with limited resources and such, but it looks like my demo days are over. Well, at least ORAS is less than a month away, so I won't have too much longer to wait (especially since my reason for getting the Zexal World Duel Carnival game bellyflopped due to how it was released, which would've been some form of entertainment for me until then, plus I wanted those cards that were released with it). Shame, really, as the demo had a lot going for it. It was fun, but after the first couple of dozen times it got to be a bit repetitive. You can only hunt down the same Shroomish or battle the same Battle Girls so many times. Well, at least it provided some entertainment, plus the Mega Mon, 10 Poke Balls, 10 Heal Balls, and 5 Heart Scales, so at least that made it fairly worth it. Shame, as I had high hopes for this demo, and while it delivered well at first, after that, rock bottom. Guess I'm gonna have to cure my boredom some other way, as when I get bored, I get dangerous.

Wait so all you get after completing the demo, or at least one of the secret missions, is a Nugget?

Well, I'm glad I didn't get the dem0 code, nor am I really going to get one at all. I don't know why people are so opposed to the reward being the other Pokémon with its Mega Stone. Sure, it's not a Legendary Pokémon, but it would have been a lot better than just some random nugget. They should have at least given us a bunch of Comet Shards.

Overall, I had such high hopes for this demo, and they blew it. That is all.

With all this hype for the demo I expected more. At the very least I expected your starter to be transferable. I found the demo boring as a result. The missions repeat and there's no obvious way to get these other missions. I wish the demo had ended with the first secret mission. I also wish they told us how to get the other secret mission and how to enter Steven's home. A few people have gotten in but nobody has any clue what it is you do to get in.

It seems weird though that it's so incredibly random
Like a bit of chance is alright, but there must be a bit of logic behind it?

Anyway, I'll probably keep playing it once a day (or every two days) just to see if I can get the secret missions, but I'm not gonna spend an incredible amount of time on replaying it

With all this hype for the demo I expected more. At the very least I expected your starter to be transferable. I found the demo boring as a result. The missions repeat and there's no obvious way to get these other missions. I wish the demo had ended with the first secret mission. I also wish they told us how to get the other secret mission and how to enter Steven's home. A few people have gotten in but nobody has any clue what it is you do to get in.

Wat. That's possible, too??? o_O Just how random is this demo going to be???

Wat. That's possible, too??? o_O Just how random is this demo going to be???
What The beep is this, this is a weird demo....even for me

Visiting Steven's house is unimportant in the demo since we'll all get a chance to visit raid his house as much as we want when the games are out in November. Besides, iirc, it's just a house with a buch of rock collections on one side. Maybe we can interact with some of the collections, but it's probably nothing too special. Unless he gives us everything we talk to

If I can't unlock either of the secret missions by next week, I'm giving up. Even though I'm a huge fan of Steven's, this demo is wearing me out... I might have a better chance at finding the Feebas tiles - at least the fishable tiles on the route is limited.

EDIT:

A post appeared on a pokemon blogger's blog I'm following, and it seems new features got added after 15 days since he downloaded the demo. (He was one of the early people to receive the code) The features include changes in NPC numbers in the city, changes in dialogues of the NPC, getting inside Steven's house, and receiving the Nugget mission.

If that's true, then I might just wait a few more days and see what happens...

Last edited:
Well I said I wasn't bothered in my last post, but I thought hey just give it one more try and this time I loaded it up I got the Nugget mission. Weird because I still haven't unlocked the other secret mission after all this time...

The randomness is what screws over the demo, honestly. It's basic statistics: the variance in time until a random event occurs is inversely proportional to the square of the likelihood of the event. As an event gets rarer, the number of tries to get the event becomes more random and people get frustrated. Randomly rare drops, events, missions etc are some of the most unenjoyable things in games.

And I can now enter Steven's house too. I wonder if the Nugget mission is what causes that to unlock.

Edit: Steven's bed is right next to one of his cabinets with a rock in it lol nerd

Ok and the guy going to Oldale to give the Potion has gone too. Hmm.

Back
Top Bottom