• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS demo

How was your ORAS Demo experience?

• Great! Can't wait to play the real game.

Votes: 58 71.6%
  • Just ok. Still waiting to finish the whole demo.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Arrghh..not that good.

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
I got the Nugget mission today, and my clock was automatically adjusted for DST.

how does your 3DS automatically adjust the time? Mine doesn't do that (as far as I'm aware)
cause i reckon if it does that on it's own, it won't screw with things like the demo

I wonder about that too. I'm pretty sure I never saw such an option on my 3DS... well at least not on the American 3DS system. But yeah if it somehow changed automatically I guess it wouldn't count, well these of us who did change it themselves screwed it up. I'll say again I think it is absolutely stupid to release the demo around the time it is expected for many people to set the clock back without warning us that we might lose/postpone an extra in the demo if we do it...

Get the secret mission after around 50 soft resets but not with the R+L+Start/Select method.

Each time I didn't get the mission I quit the demo and I start again. When I started this reset method, I looked at the activity log and found that I used the demo 64 times. When I get the secret mission I saw at the activity log that I used it approximativaly 120 times, so it took me around 50 resets. I already tried the L+R+Star/Select resets method for 164 times and I got nothing.

I got the Nugget mission today, and my clock was automatically adjusted for DST.

how does your 3DS automatically adjust the time? Mine doesn't do that (as far as I'm aware)
cause i reckon if it does that on it's own, it won't screw with things like the demo
I don't know. There is no setting, but when I compared my 3DS and computer time, they matched. Might be preprogramed in like with computers.

I haven't finished the demo but I am already impressed by what it has done so far. Can't wait for the actual games to be released!

I'm good for now, I've got my Glalie (nicknamed "Chill"), my Poké Balls, my Heal Balls, and my Heart Scales ready to transfer in a couple weeks.

...I seriously hope they just give us the secret mission on, like, 30 days after downloading the demo or something. Going by luck is seriously tiring. I like Steven and the missions and all, but knowing that there's at least one more thing to do that is obviously in the game yet can't play it because of bad luck is seriously frustrating. I want to experience everything the demo has to offer before playing ORAS. Just... why, GameFreak, why?

I have to say, while I truly love GameFreak/Nintendo a lot for giving us Pokémon, I also almost hate them for some of their utterly stupid decisions that just cannot be justified at all.

Question, how exactly are we going to transfer the Galilee (and perhaps other items?? haven't finished the demo yet) to the actual ORAS games? Or is that still to be determined ...??

...I seriously hope they just give us the secret mission on, like, 30 days after downloading the demo or something.

I think it's a possibility. They went out of their way to say to play the demo each day, so that may well be the case. I can't see why else they would say to play it every day.

On another note... [demo code/potential story spoilers, be warned]

~

So Lorekeeper Zinnia. She sounds very interesting. She uses Mega Salamence in the post game, is the first of her trainer class (Lorekeeper trainer class in the second battle with her) and her name begins with Z (lol Z version speculation is still alive for some) It's possible she may give you the Salamencite, perhaps? She's also been speculated to be linked to mega evolution and the story's progress. Obviously you can only tell so much from battle data ripped from the demo.

I haven't touched the demo since I got Mega Glalie... I'm not really interested in wasting time on a demo when I can just wait for the full game.
Nuggets don't interest me, I'm freaking rich in XY (all part of being in Team Flare) and I'm sure I can grind easily in ORAS.

Canadian/American fans looking for a code still? Here you go: Get a Special Demo Version Code today! | YTV.com

Surprisingly, I was able to get a few different codes just by going into private browsing mode on my phone lol at least now I don't feel bad about not being able to give my co-worker a demo code yesterday cuz I gave my extra code from Nintendo away on twitter ^^;;

Finally unlocked the secret mission.

The option seems to only happen if you soft reset AFTER you beat Elder Theodore. Make sure you beat his mission, get to the credits, and then soft reset. Do not soft reset after completing any other mission.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the Lati you and Steven ride on before the mission begins determines which team you fight.

Latias - Team Magma
Latios - Team Aqua

Last edited:
Finally unlocked the secret mission.

The option seems to only happen if you soft reset AFTER you beat Elder Theodore. Make sure you beat his mission, get to the credits, and then soft reset. Do not soft reset after completing any other mission.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the Lati you and Steven ride on before the mission begins determines which team you fight.

Latias - Team Magma
Latios - Team Aqua

You can also tell at the title screen too by way of the background.

Finally got that Nugget mission... seems like it really did recount 15 days from the moment I set back the clock, that's utterly stupid but whatever.
I doubt I'll even try getting that secret mission though since it's supposedly random and extremely rare and there's only so many times I can bother doing the same missions again and again.

Back
Top Bottom