• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS demo

How was your ORAS Demo experience?

• Great! Can't wait to play the real game.

Votes: 58 71.6%
  • Just ok. Still waiting to finish the whole demo.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Arrghh..not that good.

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
I want to play the demo ;_; The more I look at the trailer, the more it looks highly likely that there will be a tag battle with Steven against the two Magma/Aqua Admins. But signs of code distribution here yet...

Come on GameFreak, its awesome you released info for everyone so fast, but the US still has no news whatsoever .-.

Awesome! I just checked the official site and there's a demo confirmed for where I live :D

I really like what I'm seeing in the descriptions o_O We can send over items and captured pokemon, but there's a Mega-evolving pokemon that makes its debut in the demo???

Inb4 the Lati twins.

I wonder, would you technically be able to get 2 demos (maybe from different countries/distribution methods?) and thus be able to get 2 Jirachis or whatever comes attached to it?

Actually, they said the demo is infinitely replayable right? I think that perhaps you'll be able to get the offered Pokemon as many times as you want by just replaying the demo after transfering the gift Pokemon. But then again, maybe I'm not understanding how this demo business works.

They've designed Ranger Net missions in the past so that the Pokemon you receive there can only be transferred once, they could do the same thing here.

That's actually what made me think, I recently tried to get another Manaphy from ranger and it turned out I couldn't. However you can't delete the bonus missions, but you can delete demos. So it seems to be possible, but they're probably going to put something in that prevents you from getting 9001 event thingys.

Demos are attached to your Nintendo Network ID, so I'm sure there will be some flag attached to your NNID that will make the system/your games know that you've received the demo gift already.

But then what about people who have two copies of the game?

If the Pokémon Bank Celebi is anything to go by, you will only get one per demo regardless of how many copies of ORAS you purchase.

Wait what? I have a copy of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and both of them were able to each get a Celebi.

You must have used a differnt 3ds, or, deleted your NNID and Bank then redownloaded it with a different NNID.

So, am I just blind, or is there still nothing said about this demo in the US? I mean, I guess I don't care too much, as long as we get it at some point, it just seems odd that it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Nope. Still nothing on the US demo besides the fact it will come sometime or another in some shape or form unknown.

Really hope that US will have it like Finland and those other European Countries where you just have to register your email. Well, they should do that since it's been so long and still no announcement for US.

I'm surprised that the US hasn't gotten any info on the demo yet. We're in October now, just a little more than a month and a half until ORAS, and we STILL don't know how, when, or where to get the demo. Everyone else now at least has an idea of how and where to get it, but not the US. I'm not calling foul, as I'm glad we're getting the demo at all, and I am glad to see that other countries will have the same chance to play it, give or take, but it's getting kinda late now. I know we still have time, but at least having an idea of how, when, or where to get this demo would be nice. I hope that info is released soon, as I want to mark my calendar so I won't forget how and when to get it.

If the Pokémon Bank Celebi is anything to go by, you will only get one per demo regardless of how many copies of ORAS you purchase.

Wait what? I have a copy of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and both of them were able to each get a Celebi.

You must have used a different 3ds, or, deleted your NNID and Bank then redownloaded it with a different NNID.

Nope I didn't do either of those two. I'm pretty there are others who can actually confirm what I'm saying. Did they probably change things later on?

Serebii.net and a few other sites suggest it's only one copy per Pokémon Bank account, but there are a few places like Reddit that would seem to suggest otherwise. Example: scroll down to the post that begins "Just to add. It appears that bank" and read the reply chain below it. It looks like the player concluded from his/her personal experience that players were able to download one Celebi per owned copy of X and one Celebi per owned copy of Y. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. When trying to search for answers on this matter, I'm overwhelmed by all of the hits about players who only own one copy of the game asking about resetting their NNIDs.

By the way... Now a lot of the release dates for the demo are released, how do you guys reckon the 'play everday' is gonna work exactly?
Cause it already says it can unlock a special story, but how many times would you have to play for that? Considering most countries get the demo on different dates (only a couple days apart but still) I can't imagine you'd have to have it from the day of its official release on. Rather, I'd figured it would be that it is from the day you receive it on, and you've got to play x amount of times? But you never know XD

So, am I just blind, or is there still nothing said about this demo in the US? I mean, I guess I don't care too much, as long as we get it at some point, it just seems odd that it hasn't been mentioned yet.
It's not just you.

I've been waiting for baited breath on this event* and nothing. Not a thing. It's now early October and I'm getting a little worried. What's the sitch going to be for the States? Inquiring minds and all that.

*And I'm calling this an event because it doesn't seem like an actual demo. It's not just "play the game first and decide if you'll buy it". No, we're getting a Pokemon and a Mega Stone and have to jump through hoops in order to get them. Yeah, this smells like an event to me.

By the way... Now a lot of the release dates for the demo are released, how do you guys reckon the 'play everday' is gonna work exactly?
Cause it already says it can unlock a special story, but how many times would you have to play for that? Considering most countries get the demo on different dates (only a couple days apart but still) I can't imagine you'd have to have it from the day of its official release on. Rather, I'd figured it would be that it is from the day you receive it on, and you've got to play x amount of times? But you never know XD

They could simply have it be every time you load the game. So save, soft/hard reset, then voila game will load as if it was a new day. Also, the pokemon and mega stone seem not to be part of that special occurrence fortunately, it would be rather annoying wouldn't it?

They could simply have it be every time you load the game. So save, soft/hard reset, then voila game will load as if it was a new day. Also, the pokemon and mega stone seem not to be part of that special occurrence fortunately, it would be rather annoying wouldn't it?

If it was a requirement to get the Mega, I would be pretty annoyed (but I also still want the bonus story and I can't go to the very first promotion in my country, so I have to go to another event that distributes it)

If it was a requirement to get the Mega, I would be pretty annoyed (but I also still want the bonus story and I can't go to the very first promotion in my country, so I have to go to another event that distributes it)

I just realised the irony of my post. I'm saying it would be annoying and whadya know, the demo is being distributed in the most batshit difficult way rather than simply being placed on the eshop. I hope it'll be put on the eshop later for all those peole without access to the stores or whatever that have the code.

Back
Top Bottom