• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS demo

How was your ORAS Demo experience?

• Great! Can't wait to play the real game.

Votes: 58 71.6%
  • Just ok. Still waiting to finish the whole demo.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Arrghh..not that good.

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
Even if the Americas receive the demo after October 15th, it still would be nice to know how/when we're getting the demo. It is starting to feel like Poké Bank all over again (at least to those in the US).
It's so frustrating to see them reveal various methods for literally everywhere except the US... I just want to know already if I'll be able to get it ugh...

To be fair, Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe/Japan/whatever are different entities entirely. NoA may have decided to have the demo available in November rather than October like with NoEu/Jp, hence why you guys don't have an announcement yet. Also, a lot of these things are spontaneous, so you may see the demo details on the 13th for example with a distro at the same time as everyone else. Of course, if it was up to me I'd just announce it everywhere at once and have it available at the same time but Nintendo likes to be difficult.
So now Japan's got two means of getting the demo. Nice and all, and expected since it is Japan, but still no word on the U.S. At this point, I'm really hoping we won't have to go somewhere to get the code.
It's a 50/50 at this point. They've got lots of 'Pre-order and be emailed the code' but also lots of 'go to X store to get the code'. I initially thought they wouldn't have it at Gamestop seeing as their is already the shiny gengar and diancie events, but then for us in the UK they've got both of those events and the demo code all happening at the same/small time frame.

I don't get why they want to restrict demos (like with codes or accounts) in the first place. The point of demos is to give people a teaser for a new game, often helping sell more by letting more people find out that they like it for free who may not have bought it otherwise.

I REALLY hope that we can get this demo without having to "preorder" or get a code or something like that. =/ I'm really eager to play through this demo, but if it's going to be a "get a code and stuff" thing, then forget it. Why can't it just come out into the E-shop, like most demos? I'm not going to lie, I'm getting tired of this "get a code and do this"/etc stuff. Why does it have to be so complicated. you know? :p
*sigh*

It's worth mentioning that for people in the United Kingdom, various "StreetPass" fan groups are holding competitions for download codes. There isn't a list of participating groups or anything, so it might be worth asking your local group about it.

Also, for those who might be wondering - codes already exist for the demo, but they can't be redeemed until 15th October. So outside of different countries having different time zones, there won't be any early leaks unless someone uploads the files earlier than planned.

To be fair, Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe/Japan/whatever are different entities entirely. NoA may have decided to have the demo available in November rather than October like with NoEu/Jp, hence why you guys don't have an announcement yet. Also, a lot of these things are spontaneous, so you may see the demo details on the 13th for example with a distro at the same time as everyone else. Of course, if it was up to me I'd just announce it everywhere at once and have it available at the same time but Nintendo likes to be difficult.

As I said on Serebii, I see no reason for them to do this. Pretty much every other region in the entire world that plays Pokemon already knows how their demo is being distributed. For them to be the only ones not to announce a demo earns them tons of complaints as we've already seen, they probably would not just sit on the demo for a while for something like that. It's more likely that they simply haven't finalized the distribution method yet and there might be some sort of issue with negotiating the distribution method or testing. Something along those lines.

I don't get why they want to restrict demos (like with codes or accounts) in the first place. The point of demos is to give people a teaser for a new game, often helping sell more by letting more people find out that they like it for free who may not have bought it otherwise.

While I agree with you, I think their real intent with this demo is not to give a teaser, but to distribute this special Mega Stone. It's basically an event.

As I said on Serebii, I see no reason for them to do this. Pretty much every other region in the entire world that plays Pokemon already knows how their demo is being distributed. For them to be the only ones not to announce a demo earns them tons of complaints as we've already seen, they probably would not just sit on the demo for a while for something like that. It's more likely that they simply haven't finalized the distribution method yet and there might be some sort of issue with negotiating the distribution method or testing. Something along those lines.

I see what you mean, although you'd think they'd have had this planned out in advance and had it done and ready by now. I mean, its not like anyone won't get the games simply because they get the demo later but it is a bit baffling as to why they couldn't sort this out at the same time as everyone else considering the huge proportion of customers in NA.

The codes to download the Super Smash Bros. were sent out by Club Nintendo in my country. Chances are they'll be the ones to distribute the codes for the ORAS demo too.

I was thinking that NoA would release info about this demo by now since their pre-release Smash 3DS promo has ended, but it still haven't said anything yet despite dropping a release date for Smash Wii U, amiibo, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker of all things.

I have no doubt the demo will be coming out in North America, but now I can't shake the feeling that NoA is going to do something really stupid, like only distribute codes from the Nintendo World Store or something ridiculous like that. Maybe that's why they're holding off the announcement until late? I just want them to say something so that I can prepare myself now rather than later near the release of ORAS.

Doubtless my local GAME stores won't have the codes as per usual so good bye mega stone.

The demo is being distributed by GAME via Nintendo Zone and from what we know right now it's the only distribution method that won't have a limited of demos to distribute. I think you'll be fine. :)

I was thinking that NoA would release info about this demo by now since their pre-release Smash 3DS promo has ended, but it still haven't said anything yet despite dropping a release date for Smash Wii U, amiibo, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker of all things.

I have no doubt the demo will be coming out in North America, but now I can't shake the feeling that NoA is going to do something really stupid, like only distribute codes from the Nintendo World Store or something ridiculous like that. Maybe that's why they're holding off the announcement until late? I just want them to say something so that I can prepare myself now rather than later near the release of ORAS.

Doubtless my local GAME stores won't have the codes as per usual so good bye mega stone.

The demo is being distributed by GAME via Nintendo Zone and from what we know right now it's the only distribution method that won't have a limited of demos to distribute. I think you'll be fine. :)

Wait, so in some distributions the number of demos isn't limited? In that case the F.A.C.T.S. distribution might be that way too, after all it's F.A.C.T.S. is a two day event with 50000+ visitors.

Just a thought.

We're supposed to be able to unlock some sort of bonus material if we play the demo everyday, right? Maybe the reason for the delay is to make having to play it everyday less of an inconvenience.

Just a thought.

We're supposed to be able to unlock some sort of bonus material if we play the demo everyday, right? Maybe the reason for the delay is to make having to play it everyday less of an inconvenience.

I don't see how that would be an issue exclusive to NA, if that were the case, there would probably be a worldwide delay.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the delay is because of some technical issue, it's probably not a negotiation issue because the most likely methods for distribution don't take much negotiation and anything else would probably be a worldwide issue, not just an NA.

Good point, Bolt.

In any case, I'm not sweating the delay simply because I think I would find playing the demo monotonous if it were released too early.

Wait, so in some distributions the number of demos isn't limited? In that case the F.A.C.T.S. distribution might be that way too, after all it's F.A.C.T.S. is a two day event with 50000+ visitors.

Well, it's possible--I was specifically commenting on the GAME distribution since, unlike the distribution for Germany where there will be a limited number of demos available despite the demo being distributed through Nintendo Zones, the news about the UK distribution at GAME Nintendo Zones never mentioned anything about a limited number of demos being available. It would be weird (not impossible, but weird) for NoE to mention that note in one specific case and not another if there were only a limited number of demos available at GAME stores, since Germany & the UK are both using the same distribution method. I'm not sure about other distribution methods since they've been all over the place, so I'm not necessarily commenting on those.

Honestly with all of the stress that getting the demo could cause me I might just skip it. I am getting married in the mouth of November so I don't think I need anymore stress. If it's something easy like eshop or a gamestop event I might pick it up. But anything else and I might not bother.

Sucks the USA hasn't gotten a demo yet, but I usually like to keep my experience playing a game fresh. Fingers crossed, though!

Sucks the USA hasn't gotten a demo yet, but I usually like to keep my experience playing a game fresh. Fingers crossed, though!

Its already been confirmed we're getting a demo, just not how or when.

Really wish that NoA would announce the method to get the demo for US already, it's been forever. Japan already has 2 distributions. Or at least make the codes region free so in case you got the one for Norway or you know someone from Europe/Japan who have access to the codes.

Back
Top Bottom