• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS demo

How was your ORAS Demo experience?

• Great! Can't wait to play the real game.

Votes: 58 71.6%
  • Just ok. Still waiting to finish the whole demo.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Arrghh..not that good.

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
Anyone got a European code? There's nothing left from the codes distributed here. ;_;

I got the demo - observations under the spoiler
-The colors and battle backgrounds make XY look like a rough beta by comparison.
-The Aqua Grunts mentioned something about being as great as Poseidon. I'll take it at face value and assume part of the Pokemon world had the Greek pantheon in their past.
-Matt/Tabitha is pretty canon from Matt's side. Like wow.
-Tabitha keeps calling Steven a "pretty boy."
-"Entrust this Metagross to you" can't wait to get that Beldum event.
-I can't save before battling Glalie. Bullshit, I just know I'll get a shitty nature

I'm sold. I was hesitant with this game, but actually playing the demo made me excited.

I'm totally amped for this game. I really am.
tumblr_ndqyp4orRU1r36bj2o3_75sq.gif

- If only the colors had been passed on to the models. Again the Pokémon all look like they were left out in the sun for too long.
tumblr_n9pl3yf7iP1r36bj2o2_75sq.gif

- I'm probably reaching for the stars, but I hope its foreshadowing to Gen. 7. We already know through the Strange Souvenir that at least partially, it'll be inspired by Polynesia. But if it has some Greek influences too, then there's hope for me finally getting my Ancient Egypt-inspired region!
tumblr_n9pl3yf7iP1r36bj2o8_75sq.gif

- Matt's dialogue pretty much makes him canon with Tabitha, Steven, Archie and even Brendan. He seems to be... quite friendly. But I'm definitely shipping Matt/Tabitha.
tumblr_n9pjykKPK11r36bj2o3_75sq.gif

- Steven is every bit the pretty boy, so I have no objections to that. And after seeing Wallace's redesign, I'm almost 100% sure that HoennChamps is more canon than any other game ship up to this point.
tumblr_inline_n9pdhrOENX1r0sbwb.jpg

- Metagross and the demo's Glalie are definitely going on my playthrough team. But with Swampert and Gallade, I might have an overabundance of Mega's... Oops...
tumblr_n9njhyAKp41r36bj2o10_75sq.gif

- You could've made yourself lose on purpose to soft reset it (I lost and then it reset from Male to Female)
tumblr_n9njclhTuJ1r36bj2o6_75sq.gif

I also have a really funny coincidence about how I named my Glalie:

Usually when I nickname my 'mon, I either do anagrams of their names (Lesquirt, Deypig, Parectie, etc.) cropped sections of their names (Toge, Cynda, Sudo, etc.) or a combination of both (Flébé, Laxor, Pilug, etc.) so with my female Demo Glalie, I went with the third option, and ended up with "Laile".
tumblr_n9nj4cjyZT1r36bj2o3_75sq.gif

The coincidence is that in fan drawings, the Snorunt line is usually mashed up with Frozen (Froslass being Elsa, Snorunt being Anna), and Frozen was recently adapted into live action on the ABC fairy tale drama "Once Upon A Time", and Anna is played (amazingly!) by an actress named Elizabeth LAIL.
tumblr_n9nipzOPzR1r36bj2o8_r1_75sq.gif

I didn't realize that until after the fact, and I thought it was really cute.
tumblr_n6q8bc2NCx1r36bj2o1_75sq.gif

Last edited:
So is the starter you get first always impish and female (before it gets replaced)? Because my Blaziken was like that, and I saw at least one other person saying theirs was too.

It looks like the Glalie's nature can vary, though.

So is the starter you get first always impish and female (before it gets replaced)? Because my Blaziken was like that, and I saw at least one other person saying theirs was too.

It looks like the Glalie's nature can vary, though.
Nope, mine was male, don't remember the nature though :/

Your initial starter's nature and gender are random. But no matter which starter you pick, it is replaced by the three starter Pokémon that Steven gives you. Those Pokémon have preset natures and genders.

Anyone else notice that on one of the islands there is a Pokemon Ranger wondering about something very super-secret somewhere? Makes me wonder if that is just general foreshadowing, or if it's an actual hint about how to unlock the Diancie event....

Anyone else notice that on one of the islands there is a Pokemon Ranger wondering about something very super-secret somewhere? Makes me wonder if that is just general foreshadowing, or if it's an actual hint about how to unlock the Diancie event....

I'm pretty sure that's the secret bases guy. So the something very secret is probably referring to secret bases.

I'm pretty sure that's the secret bases guy. So the something very secret is probably referring to secret bases.

Yep, that's Aarune. He's just there to promote Secret Bases.

Likewise, Lisia also shows up to promote Contests.

I never knew how much I missed the roller skates until it was gone. Though that's mostly because I was used to not sliding the circle pad all the way when moving so I wouldn't be skating so fast all the time, and now Orlando is walking everywhere like a Sableye.
Yeah, tell me about it. I feel like an idiot using the circle pad to walk and Orlando looks stupid when I do it, freezing in mid-step. I know we're supposed to be sneaking around but this looks like it was taken straight from a Tom and Jerry cartoon or something.

My hubby got his code Tuesday; it was sent to a previous email address he had used for the Trainer Club. So if you've switched email addresses, I'd suggest taking a look at the old one because your code may have been sent there.

Hello, I was just wondering if there was anyone with a spare U.S. code. I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but if anyone does have a spare U.S. code, could they please PM me. Thanks. Also, I'm not sure if this is the right thread this post is under, so if this is the wrong thread, could you please move it over to the right one.

Edit: Never mind, I got the demo code by downloading pokemon art academy

Last edited:
Is sending Glalie to ORAS the only way to get its Mega Stone? I really couldn't care less about a level 40 Glalie (I'd prefer to catch a Snorunt, and evolve it).

Aha. When I returned to the island on a later mission, a different NPC was in that spot so I guess he indeed was just one of the rotating guest NPC's who talk about random things.

I have to say, I love the new camera angle when wild pokemon show up. While I like the camera showing the front of the pokemon in XY, the tilted angle in the ORAS demo shows the entire body of the wild pokemon, which is cool.

I have to say, I love the new camera angle when wild pokemon show up. While I like the camera showing the front of the pokemon in XY, the tilted angle in the ORAS demo shows the entire body of the wild pokemon, which is cool.

It also makes the battle feel more intense for some reason.

That, and I love it when they showed Tropius actually flapping its wings. It felt so real.

I am legitimately crying over the demo, especially the music. Ruby was my first Pokemon game so this is the first time I've ever been hit by The Nostalgias, and it's a weird feeling. I never realized how much I've grown over the past decade until I returned to Hoenn.

On a less sappy note, I'm incredibly pleased with how everyone in the demo finds Steven attractive. And he doesn't even know because he's too busy admiring his Metagross and generally being weird.

I met Giddy (that dude from Mauville's Pokemon Center), the Shroomish Lover, and the first four Gym Leaders. (I really wish Wallace would show up.)

On a less sappy note, I'm incredibly pleased with how everyone in the demo finds Steven attractive. And he doesn't even know because he's too busy admiring his Metagross and generally being weird.

That became a thing a tumblr XD Quite the stunning male specimen... I wonder who chose those words for translation XD I really love it

That, and I love it when they showed Tropius actually flapping its wings. It felt so real.

But then it started to glide. For some reason, that animation annoys me.

Back
Top Bottom