• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS demo

How was your ORAS Demo experience?

• Great! Can't wait to play the real game.

Votes: 58 71.6%
  • Just ok. Still waiting to finish the whole demo.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Arrghh..not that good.

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
Hey.

Anyone who unlocked the demo: did you have a birthday recently or some event that the internal clock recognizes?

I'm downloading the demo right now, the Brazilian e-shop finally has the demo available.

So has anyone did a stat check on the event pokemon you get to send to the full game? The Glalie I got is female with the following attributes

#362 Glalie [Mild]
IVs: 28, 29 / 18, 19 / 23, 24 / 25, 26, 27 / 31 / 8, 9
Stats at Lv.40: 125 / 76 / 70 / 86 / 81 / 72

The speed isn't too good, but perfect Sp.Def and high IVs on the other stats is pretty awesome

I did notice that all my starters have neutral natures and around 20 IVs in every stat

#254 Sceptile [Quirky]
IVs: 19, 20 / 19, 20 / 20 / 20 / 19, 20 / 19, 20
Stats at Lv.36: 103 / 73 / 59 / 87 / 73 / 98

#260 Swampert [Docile]
IVs: 20 / 19, 20 / 20 / 19, 20 / 20 / 19, 20
Stats at Lv.36: 125 / 91 / 77 / 73 / 77 / 55

#257 Blaziken [Serious]
IVs: 18, 19, 20 / 19, 20 / 20 / 19, 20 / 19, 20 / 18, 19, 20
Stats at Lv.36: 110 / 98 / 62 / 91 / 62 / 69

Also I picked the Marshtomp which evolved in my care into a Swampert, well I met it as a lv 35 Marshtomp, but the next time I played the Swampert said met at lv 36. The date and place met also changed to whatever the current date is and the location is Mossdeep City. the even Glalie stays the same however. The only thing consistent between the four is their OT and ID No. That is Orlando 28323

I think I give up in ever getting my extra demo codes from my other accounts. I was hoping to get them ATLEAST today or something, but I just checked all emails and nope, nothing. =/ Is anybody else having this problem or is it just me?

I just find it funny that one of the npcs that can show up in Mossdeep City is the guy that goes "Rydel Rydel Rydel Rydel Rydel Rydel Rydel."

I talked to him, and I got a chuckle out of that. Nice touch, GF.

I played the Demo I think 5 times now, it's pretty neat how they talk about things that are going to show up in the full game.

I also kept looking for a good nickname to give to my Glalie, so I went for "Glacius" in a small reference to Killer Instinct.

Then I realized the Glalie was female =P

The demo's pretty fun. Get repetitive after a while, but it's alright. It was nice to do something new, considering I'm completely bored with Y. I'm really liking the graphics so far. Is it just me, or is the way Orlando/Brendan run ? different from how the xy protags did. He moves more.. freely? Idk, maybe it's just my imagination.

So does anyone remember that thing in the original Gen. 3 games where random Pokémon cries could be heard in the routes? That honestly haunted 9 year old me and I truly believed I was crazy until maybe last year when I found out that happened on everyone's games. And here I thought I was just hearing the ghosts of the countless Poké's I'd slaughtered...

So the demo makes it very clear that those noises are back, and one of two ways to know that you've got an overworld Pokémon nearby (the other being, obviously, to see it...)

Yay for insanity... -_-

The Glalie that I got in the demo has a quirky nature and its IVs are 20,21,22/25,26/18,19/10,11,12/26/20,21,22. I don't think that's bad at all, the nature could have been a little better though. It's stats at level 40 are 122/79/76/73/79/77

Last edited:
If we're sharing Glalie stats, I'll join in. Mine has a Brave nature and the following stats: 125/82/77/69/74/63. I also have her Mega stats: 125/117/77/101/74/77.

I've also found out that if you do it right, you can make one of your Pokémon level up in battle against the master. Thanks to this, I have full stats for all four Pokémon at their current levels, at one extra level, and when Megavolved. Here they are for Glalie:

Normal: 128/84/79/71/75/64
Mega: 128/119/79/103/75/79

I'm warming to Brendan's new design now that I've played as him.
The music is gorgeous, Abandoned Ship woo woo!

But how dare Team Magma steal Team poses, only Team flare can have poses! But where's Team Aqua's pose and animated battle thingies?

I've been playing so much just to get the secret mission that I had a dream about it last night.

Steven Stone took me to meet Looker in some apartment building to investigate a murder. Some poor guy got caught in the blast of an Electrode's Explosion. The details are fuzzy, but we had to figure out exactly who it belonged to and what the motive was.

If I never get the secret mission I'll be happy with just that.

I played the Demo I think 5 times now, it's pretty neat how they talk about things that are going to show up in the full game.

I also kept looking for a good nickname to give to my Glalie, so I went for "Glacius" in a small reference to Killer Instinct.

Then I realized the Glalie was female =P
My Glalie was female too, I nicknamed it klaki which means Ice in Icelandic according to google translate.

The demo's pretty fun. Get repetitive after a while, but it's alright. It was nice to do something new, considering I'm completely bored with Y. I'm really liking the graphics so far. Is it just me, or is the way Orlando/Brendan run ? different from how the xy protags did. He moves more.. freely? Idk, maybe it's just my imagination.

I noticed that the game (or demo at least) is a lot smoother than XY. Also I noticed the colors are more vibrant and the environment rendered much more detailed

I've been playing so much just to get the secret mission that I had a dream about it last night.

Steven Stone took me to meet Looker in some apartment building to investigate a murder. Some poor guy got caught in the blast of an Electrode's Explosion. The details are fuzzy, but we had to figure out exactly who it belonged to and what the motive was.

Dear God, WHY IS POKéMON ONLY MEANT FOR CHILDREN?!?! I would kill to have a Looker-related post-game WHERE YOU ACTUALLY PLAY detective and go on 1940's-style murder mysteries with femme fatales and black-and-white scenes and noir feels. C'mon, GameFreak! Make some mature Pokémon games! :'(

Dear God, WHY IS POKéMON ONLY MEANT FOR CHILDREN?!?! I would kill to have a Looker-related post-game WHERE YOU ACTUALLY PLAY detective and go on 1940's-style murder mysteries with femme fatales and black-and-white scenes and noir feels. C'mon, GameFreak! Make some mature Pokémon games! :'(

Or at least anime/manga.

Add this deam to my headcannon that Looker is really the Tenth Doctor during the period he travelled alone, and you get aliens, timey wimey stuff and the most epic story ever.

Or at least anime/manga.

Add this deam to my headcannon that Looker is really the Tenth Doctor during the period he travelled alone, and you get aliens, timey wimey stuff and the most epic story ever.

That time the Doctor had a 12-year-old girl as a companion.

Turns out Blaziken is a hard counter to both the Daleks and Cybermen.

Perfect idea for a fanfic. :D But it would be seriously cool if pokemon actually had us solving murder cases like this, too

- Feebas Tiles
- Mirage Islands
- Secret Mission

Why is Game Freak so intent on making Hoenn features dependent on RNG and extreme luck?

Back
Top Bottom