• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS demo

How was your ORAS Demo experience?

• Great! Can't wait to play the real game.

Votes: 58 71.6%
  • Just ok. Still waiting to finish the whole demo.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Arrghh..not that good.

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
Considering how Diancie is through a code and not by wifi, what do you think the answer is on that question?

Was hyped when I got a code for the demo 3 days ago (didn't even know they were being distributed, so that made a lovely surprise). There seem to be a lot of little changes to make it visually distinct from X/Y, which I appreciate. I'm loving the revamped music and the creeping mechanic, too.

On the other hand, while I'm not about to complain about air rides with Steven...it's unfortunate that the 'adventures' get so repetitive so quickly considering GF's made the chances of getting the secret mission seemingly tiny. =/

I'm also hoping something can be done with the BuzzNav in the full game -- seeing the text and subject swap around so much while roaming about was something I found a mild distraction at first and just plain irritating after a while.

Do you all think we should expect more of this code bullshit later on? I do. I mean, not that I want it, ideally I'd love everything to just be given away over wifi

I'm pretty sure serial codes will continue; I'd really love to be proven wrong though. Honestly, the whole code thing just seems to breed more frustration/disappointment in the fanbase and give unsavory folk the ability to turn around and sell codes at exorbitant prices, so I don't really understand why this is the favored approach for events at the moment...it probably won't last forever, tho'.

Do you all think we should expect more of this code bullshit later on? I do. I mean, not that I want it, ideally I'd love everything to just be given away over wifi, but clearly they're not sharing this view... so I believe there's more of this to come.
The most obvious thing that I'm betting my soul on being available through a code is the Eon Ticket -- either a GameStop code or another case of this demo craziness.
If I remember correct, Japanese players can get the Eon Ticket code in the November issue of CoroCoro, so they're getting it a bit before the game is even out. CoroCoro was also a method for gaining the ORAS demo. I say sometime during November (or at the latest, December) the US will have some form of Eon Ticket code "distribution". (either it'll replace the Diancie code at GameStop, or whatever random methods they'll think of)
I think it might be a good idea to make some spare Pokemon.com and Club Nintendo accounts..... also, if you happen to own more than one 3DS systems, having a spare Nintendo ID account might be good too.

I agree that this whole code thing is stupid, but you've got to understand that the reason they did this was because, in the previous event distribution in the stores, people would actually sell the distribution cartridges online. The fact that people are now doing the same thing with demo codes will hopefully send a message to GF and Nintendo that they need to stop these store-gimmick things and just use Wi-Fi from now on.

As for the Eon-Ticket thing, I don't really mind that being given out via serial codes. It makes it feel more like an actual ticket. Now, if only NoA would make slips with the codes on it look like actual Eon Tickets...

If there's such an issue with codes and cartridges then Nintendo needs to use the Nintendo WFC more often. Solves the "black market" problem and doesn't alientate those who don't like near the store.

As for the demo itself, that's just bad marketing. The idea of a playable demo is to generate interest in the final product once it's released. Making it available only to fans who have signed up for a certain promotion well before the fact accomplishes the exact opposite. Very few potential buyers are going to jump through so many hoops just to get a demo, and those that do are going to be left with a sour taste in their mouth once they finally get it because of all the exclusivity.

The Cartmanland approach doesn't work as well in real life.

I've played it some, and it's okay. There hasn't been anything that made me go "ZOMG THIS IS AWESOME AAAAAH" (okay, except for the no-grid running, that's great), and the "adventures" are kinda boring. I wish there'd been more like the very first one, where... I dunno, things happen?

Speaking of the very first mission, that's my favorite part so far. I loved how Team Aqua was portrayed (makes me almost want to get AS), the admins seemed to get a character infusion (Makuhita man... haha. Also, Matt acting like a stereotypical hulking thug), and best of all, EVERYONE seemed to think that Steven was good-looking. Tabitha's comment about him being a "silver-haired pretty boy" was funny but true. It's a lot Steven fanservis, but it's not that bad, since it adds a little to the simple "collects rocks and uses a Metagross" portrayal and is also a nod to his crazy fanboys/girls out in the general fanbase. It's really great to see that everyone is getting a character/personality boost, no matter how small.

I'm beginning to think I'm going to break my personal promise to get OR and get AS instead, simply on account of Team Aqua. Those grunts were by far some of the best ones I've ever seen, personality-wise. Their goofiness and ADD conversations really contrast with Magma's "Seig-freaking-heil" seriousness (I mean really, those two start talking about their uniforms' designs in the middle of being confronted by the PC). Personally, if the villains I'm fighting aren't hatable or don't have a seriously mean-spirited scheme in mind, then I'd rather the villains be interesting as characters... kind of like how the Aqua grunts acted. I can't take either team too seriously, so the more colorful characters would get more points in my mind.

Last edited:
The serial code distribution was pointless.

One, the Mega Evolved Pokémon was already advertised as a demo feature and transferrable to the final version; players would get the demo for that reason alone.

Two, if Nintendo/Game Freak really wanted to market the demo to more people, the EShop already exists for that purpose. Why include a demo code as part of an EShop purchase (for a Pokémon game) when Nintendo could have easily plastered the demo link to the first item on the EShop?

Three, the demo is for the remakes of some of the most popular titles in the franchise; the Gen III games have a very huge fan following who would not have hesitated to get that brief Hoenn taste they love.

And fourth, region-locked systems and EShops make it nearly impossible for players to access demos in other languages. If the codes were included solely to prevent players from obtaining the other Mega Evolution, the region locking already has that provision.

Maybe limited distribution did work out for Game Freak. The demo was so bad that if I wasn't into Pokemon, it would convince me not to buy it

To me the demo was more of a tech demo, showing off the changes in running and UI and such. I enjoyed it for that.

Everyone seems to forgetting about the other big piece of bullsh*t related to the demo. Only Japan got Mega Steelix and everywhere else got Mega Glalie. I know Steelixite will most likely be available later on but I wanted it in the demo. I really don't understand why they couldn't give some areas Steelix and others Glalie.

Also, I agree with everyone on the Team Aqua thing. They're way more fun this time around.

Not sure if this is the place for it, but I've got a spare code if anyone doesn't have it already.

The Nugget mission unlocked for me today, and I was able to get in Steven's house. Nothing much to do... though I found it pretty amusing that I could sit on his bed lol. This is one of those moments when I miss the sprites: you could slip into a bed and pretend you're sleeping in one. XD

best of all, EVERYONE seemed to think that Steven was good-looking. Tabitha's comment about him being a "silver-haired pretty boy" was funny but true. It's a lot Steven fanservis, but it's not that bad, since it adds a little to the simple "collects rocks and uses a Metagross" portrayal and is also a nod to his crazy fanboys/girls out in the general fanbase. It's really great to see that everyone is getting a character/personality boost, no matter how small.

I KNOW. It really was an awesome nod to the fans :D

Do you all think we should expect more of this code bullshit later on? I do. I mean, not that I want it, ideally I'd love everything to just be given away over wifi, but clearly they're not sharing this view... so I believe there's more of this to come.
The most obvious thing that I'm betting my soul on being available through a code is the Eon Ticket -- either a GameStop code or another case of this demo craziness.
If I remember correct, Japanese players can get the Eon Ticket code in the November issue of CoroCoro, so they're getting it a bit before the game is even out. CoroCoro was also a method for gaining the ORAS demo. I say sometime during November (or at the latest, December) the US will have some form of Eon Ticket code "distribution". (either it'll replace the Diancie code at GameStop, or whatever random methods they'll think of)
I think it might be a good idea to make some spare Pokemon.com and Club Nintendo accounts..... also, if you happen to own more than one 3DS systems, having a spare Nintendo ID account might be good too.

Wanna know why it toke so long for the usa to hear about thier demo here let me write out teh scernio for you

GS (gamestop) : Hey I see you're disturbuting demo codes let me get a hold of that heres a little something for you *slips a 20*

nintendo: You're already giving out 2 pokemon codes this month we can't

GS: then tell me how you plan to do it?

Nintendo: Maybe just have bust bu...

gs: NO Here have some more money

nintendo: we'll give you the eon ticket disturbiton if you shut up.

bust buy: hey nintendo we want to the eon tick...

nintendo: heres a code for 200 potions its all you're getting

*similar conversation

nintendo: alright guys how can we give out daiancie?

gs: codes that way they have to come to game stop so we can badger them to pre order the games (luckly my game stop is not like this)

nintendo: But game freak wants us to give them out via wi-fi

gs: game freaks lame here have a couple hundreds

* one final one

Nintendo: when should we release smash bros 4 wii u

GS: same day as oras that way when they come in for oras or smash bros we'll tell them to buy the other one

nintendo: won't that hurt sales to release two of our biggest titles on the same day?

Game stop: heres a thousand dollars

nintendo: deal

part of me hopes the eon ticket is in the games booklet but I know its not happening.

anyway the only reason why the codes weren't given out by gamestop is because they already had two code distributions planned and are likely to give out the eon ticket too

So I finally started playing the demo and I'm in awe. The graphics, music, text bubbles and just about everything is great. I just can't wait for the full game. I also like how the running animation is much more realistic (at least in Brendan/Orlando's case).

Sigh, I still can't decide on who to play as T___T

So I live in NZ, the demo codes were supposed to be available in shops today but when I went in they said you had to download it straight from the store. I went home and checked the store but I can't find the demo. Can someone please explain how I'm supposed to get/find it?

Edit: I called the ebgames stores and they said that they are probably not getting the codes for another month. I would really appreciate it if someone had a spare I could use.

Last edited:
Any body got an ORAS Demo code? :(

Title says it all. I really want to play the demo because i wont be getting ORAS til December AND I CANT WAIT D: SO HYPED FOR THIS GAME TOO

So I live in NZ, the demo codes were supposed to be available in shops today but when I went in they said you had to download it straight from the store. I went home and checked the store but I can't find the demo. Can someone please explain how I'm supposed to get/find it?

Edit: I called the ebgames stores and they said that they are probably not getting the codes for another month. I would really appreciate it if someone had a spare I could use.

What eb games is this? Would this be for all of NZ? If so, that royally f*cks me off. We get one of the worst distribution methods and the 'demo' codes are only readily available after the games are released?

I don't know, I only called my local EB games in palmy. Other places might be different. The codes were supposed to be in stores today :mad:

Well, I've still been playing but I haven't had either mission pop up for me. I think I'm past the compulsive playing portion of the Demo; I can limit myself to one shot a day and call it good. But I'm getting really worried that I may not be able to get the Aqua/Magma mission; been playing since I DLed it and nothing's popped up. You watch: it'll come up after I have the actual games, which will make it pointless. (But I'll still play it anyway...)

So my friends told me M-Butterfree, M-Milotic and M-Flygon were all found in the demo coding... This is fake, right?

Back
Top Bottom