• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[ORAS] Eggs hatch faster when their parents are in the team

Puzzlemint

Reaction score
This might already be common knowledge, but I stumbled across it just this morning, and can't find any mention of it anywhere.

I haven't tested this thoroughly or in detail, or in any game other than Alpha Sapphire, but so far the results are consistent.

With both Natu eggs (bred from Xatu x Zubat) and Budew eggs (bred from Roserade x Pikachu), having both parents in the party, as well as a Slugma with Flame Body, seems to cut hatching times by about 75%, compared to having just the Slugma and neither parent.

Other thoughts:
Does it require both parents?
Can it be either? Does it have to be a specific parent?
Is having both parents more efficient than just having one?
Does this work in older games? And newer games?
Am I just losing track of time and completely imagining this?
Does everyone already know this and I just completely missed out somehow?

The only way this would make sense is if the offspring Pokemon's data has some internal record of its parents (compare and contrast: it does record the Pokemon's birth moveset, enabling you to reteach them at a Move Reminder).

Have you already checked for other potential factors (like O-Powers)? Max Level Hatching power doubles hatching speed and stacks with Flame Body, which would also reduce overall time by 75%.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom