• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS Trainer Travelog

Now collecting flags among other things. I'm at 53 flags collected today.

Lost at the 33rd battle with Steven. Aurgh, Battle Maison, why do you have to be so HAX? I swear the 33rd battle was just made to kill off my team - an Armaldo outsped the Mega Kangaskhan I borrowed from a friend and then proceeded to kill my Hydreigon. And then there's the Electric Eel that's not even fully evolved, equipped with Flamethrower to finish off Steven's Metagross... ;_;

As you get further in the Maison, they do specifically begin to counter team your team.

Lost at the 33rd battle with Steven. Aurgh, Battle Maison, why do you have to be so HAX? I swear the 33rd battle was just made to kill off my team - an Armaldo outsped the Mega Kangaskhan I borrowed from a friend and then proceeded to kill my Hydreigon. And then there's the Electric Eel that's not even fully evolved, equipped with Flamethrower to finish off Steven's Metagross... ;_;

As you get further in the Maison, they do specifically begin to counter team your team.

I know, right? Last time when I got 45 wins with Maxie, the 46th battle was a Trick Room team to counter our speedy pokemons ._.

EDIT: I posted when there's only two posts after my last one ._. welp;

I know, right? Last time when I got 45 wins with Maxie, the 46th battle was a Trick Room team to counter our speedy pokemons ._.

EDIT: I posted when there's only two posts after my last one ._. welp;

Try to use a team that doesn't share common weaknesses. The team I beat Doubles with was Mega Kangaskhan, Talonflame, Latias, and Sylveon. Doesn't really suffer from any huge glaring weaknesses.

I'm still going through the main storyline, and I suppose I'm a little late to the game, but to say I'm impressed with the remakes would be an understatement. I'm progressing much more slowly through these games compared to the originals - the redesign of Mauville took me by surprise. With regards to the game's difficulty, I'd say it's neither too easy or hard - I've kept the Exp. Share off for the most part and I'm trying to raise a full party such that my starter doesn't become overleveled too quickly. Having a Beldum makes matters much easier, especially with the early access psychic and steel moves.

Currently, I'm catching Pokemon on Route 117 and I'm going to explore Verdanturf Town and the Rustboro Tunnel from the east. I've gotten 2 badges, I'm gearing up for the third gym, and I've used the Cosplay Pikachu to win the Cool Contest up to the Hyper level - I'll probably use her to win all five master contests, then perhaps train some Pokemon of my own to win if I feel like I need something else to do. Contests aren't quite my priority at the moment, since there's so much to do!

Current team:

Combusken Lv. 21
Kirlia Lv. 20
Beldum Lv. 19
Shroomish Lv. 21
Zigzagoon Lv. 10 (Pickup)

After taking a break, I decided to scrap Skarmory after Fortree, went with Golbat for an eventual crobat. Never use poison types much, but Crobat has always been in my sights for a potential team member, and Skarmory wasn't working. Training a Shuppet to be a Banette is such a chore, too frail for my liking, but I want a ghost type so bad. And no, Dusknoir is not an option, I hate the design. Probably gonna go after Sealeo for the 6th spot, so I don't overload Swampert on HMs, and so I can have an ice type. Just loafing around doing rematches and training my team, before Mt Pyre. After getting the eon flute, Fly is leaving from Golbat, and I'm gonna do something funky.
Team
Swampert@Lvl 45
Flygon@Lvl 45
Breloom@ Lvl 43
Golbat@ Lvl 40
Shuppet @Lvl 35

I DID IT

I GOT 50 STREAKS IN BATTLE MAISON SUPER MULTI!!

WITH STEVEN!!

Battle vid: HH8G-WWWW-WWWN-K6UU

My goodness it took long, but I got it :D Now I can get Wally rematches!!

Merry Christmas! I'll be getting Omega Ruby today, so I'll be starting a new travel log! I never really did much of one for Alpha Sapphire back in November, soooo. Well, to start, I've already decided that I will be getting Treecko as my starter. Also, I decided that I want to include a Donphan in my rotation (speaking of which, I'll probably end up with about 10 or so Pokemon in rotation), so I bred a nice little Adamant natured Phanpy with Ice Shard and Play Rough! Be back later!

Got Alpha Sapphire today and I'm going to do something interesting. Aside from my starter, I decided to make my entire team of DexNav captures. I planned on some specific moves before hand, but unfortunately after just looking for one Pokemon for over an hour I've decided I don't care what moves or natures they get so long as they're not terrible. Gender does still matter though.

I've pretty much finished breeding all my elites from X. I'm now at 434 flags thanks to an awesome dude who collected 30 flags before I found him, I hope by tomorrow I can hit 500 flags for a gold. I also did some wonder trading to get some pokemiles for heart scales since I may be needing those soon. I actually got a Phione and a Lugia from wonder trading today, lucky me.

Started a Nuzlocke in Omega Ruby. Picked Mudkip as my starter. Caught a Poochyena, a Zigzagoon, a Wurmple, a Seedot and a Shroomish. Beat the first gym. Zero casualties so far.

Beat the E4 today, what a blast. Victory Road went to god tier status among the series for that Wally Battle alone. Had trouble with Sidney, but I wiped the rest clean with my team, it was freaking easy, 5 levels under too. Drake especially, Dragon Rush Flygon is the best new crazy moveset change. I love it.

I'm finally at the gold rank secret base with 517 flags to my name. Not bad for a weeks worth of collecting. Hopefully by next week I can have that shiny platinum flag.

Defeated Liza and Tate, caught Groudon, saved Hoenn, died against Azelf (I didn't go to the Poke Center so I only had two alive guys xD).

Sceptile, Swampert, Manetric, Armaldo, Swellow LV43, Metang LV44

Seen 156 (it'll be a little more with the national)
Caught 92 (same)

Time: 38 hours 27 minutes

Started Omega Ruby and I wanted to make it even harder on myself than I found Alpha Sapphire to be. So I'm playing on set and pretty much catching everything~

That's what I do on all games I play, shift is unfair to the CPU

I don't use revives either

Finally finished with all the re-breeding even for hard to get spreads (thank you time machine breeding). Bred a strong Beldum, now getting started on Bunneary, Sableye and Ralts (for Gallade). Now obtained 668 flags.

Caught Mesprit and Cresila, defeated Wallace

Swellow, Metagross, Swampert, Armaldo LV47
Manteric, Sceptile LV48

42 hours, 97 caught 170 seen (will be more with some legendaries and non Hoenn caught in those mystery mountains)

So, I got both bikes, I moved my secret base to one of the locations on the Secret Shore, and I caught a Horsea. Kingdra is one of my favorite Water types (and one of my favorite Dragon types), so I want to have it on my team in place of Gyarados.

Oh, I visited the Battle Resort and found Looker too. Poor guy, having amnesia. D: I bet he was on his way to try getting in Team Aqua/Magma's way, but an accident happened and he took a blow to the head. I mean, Looker is always after the antagonistic team.

Next I think I'll add more seen Pokemon to my Hoenn dex while training Horsea.

Started training my bred pokemon. I got a taste of Mega Metagross, Mega Pidgeot and Mega Loppuny and it was awesome. I've now got 834 flags, I can just smell that Garchompite.

I went Thiefing on wild Pelipper and got a Lucky Egg from one in just little more than a few encounters. :D Talk about lucky! Haha. Now I have some more help with Pokemon training. And I have some Pretty Wings as well. I like collecting the wings because they're, well, pretty!

Oh, my Horsea is a Kingdra now, btw. It needs a lot more levels to be a viable team member though, plus I want it to learn Dragon Pulse which is at lv. 45. My Kingdra is only lv. 32.

Back
Top Bottom