• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ORAS Trainer Travelog

After nearly 2 weeks I finally attained the Platinum Flag. I also moved my base (full of girls :)) to another location. I guess all my attention can go back to farming and battling.

Finally caught a Reshiram. After 35 Ultra Balls and 15 Premier Balls, worse wasted balls ever T.T.

Been forgetting to keep up my log for my Omega Ruby playthrough. So, I started it on Christmas Day. Right now, I have just arrived in Maulville City. I still have two badges right now, and my team (rotation) currently consists of:

Grovyle - M (Jukain) Lv. 21
Kirlia - M (Galahad) Lv. 20 (Going to trade over a Dawn Stone, probably today, to evolve him)
Surskit - M (Bubble) Lv. 20
Phanpy - M (Hathi) Lv. 20 (Traded over from AS as an Egg)
Golbat - M (Vincent) Lv. 22
Electrike - M (Tron) Lv. 16
Mawile - F (Mandi) Lv. 16

Slakoth - Cut HM

Got the Mach Bike from Rydel as quickly as possible and went back to Granite Cave and caught the first Mawile I encountered. Thought my nickname was a bit clever. Mandi is short for Mandible, a reference to the giant jaw on Mawile's head Lol. As for other nickname references, Galahad was one of King Arthur's Knights, and the bulbs pedis page for Gallade says that it is possible that Gallade could be slightly inspired by him. Hathi is the name of the elephant in The Jungle Book, whom I portrayed in my high school's last play. Jukain is Sceptile's Japanese name. While he isn't a vampire or anything really, Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7 is the inspiration of my Golbat's name. Tron comes from the end of the word electron and the Disney character. And well, Bubble is Bubble. That's everyone for now. The adventure's going alright so far. Not quite as fast as my Alpha Sapphire experience, and not quite as energized because of obvious reasons. But enjoyable all the same. Never used a Mawile before now. Looking forward to taking through my journey. Bubble will eventually be replaced, probably. Planning on getting a Sharpedo on my team to replace it later on, though I've considered others. One super cool thing that happened yesterday was that Treecko, Ralts, and Zubat all evolved after the same battle, all 3 in a row from their leveling up (Thanks Exp. Share). It was pretty sweet seeing all of them evolve at once. Not only that, but it was the rival battle against May north of Slateport under the bike path. Well, I guess that's all for now. Thanks for reading! I should be back in a day or two for updates!

As for Alpha Sapphire, I've been completing post game stuff. I've caught almost every legendary in the game I believe. Just caught Regigigas this morning. I beat all 5 Master Rank contests and defeated Lisia! Wasn't too difficult to be honest. Beat her on my second try I think, using my Gardevoir, Joy, in the Cleverness category. Been collecting TMs and Mega Stones and the like. Love it.

Beat the Pokemon League, beat May, beat the first Zinnia battle.

Armaldo, Manetric, Metagross, Swellow, Sceptile LV52
Swampert LV54

Hoenn Pokedex - Seen 183, caught 103

Time- 47:03

Last edited:
Won the beauty and cute master ranks, lost three times in the tough contest to Lisia (well the first one some other guy actually beat both of us) - then beat Lisia in the cute contest after a guy made her Altaria not do its move twice xD. The second loss, she got the 5* tough stars twice... no one stood a chance xD

Same team as last time, 50 hours.

Just beat Courtney in OR. She creeps me out.

Not looking forward to Tate and Liza...

Edit: Just battled Tate and Liza...

Why do I always get mollywhopped?

Last edited:
Finished seeing every Pokemon in the Hoenn dex (except for Jirachi)! I've also been looking for hidden Pokemon to add to the DexNav. I haven't caught any of them yet except for a Shellos (I dunno why though, even though I really like the east sea Shellos. :p), I'm just trying to see every possible Pokemon on each route. Some are proving quite hard to find though...

Beat Wattson yesterday. It was a great battle. Beat his whole team with my little Phanpy! Used Defense Curl 6 times while Magnemite tackled and Rollout-ed the whole team basically, besides Magneton who gave me trouble with Supersonic. But still, it was great just using Hathi the Phanpy. The little guy is a powerhouse sometimes!

Just got to the Elite 4. I've done no grinding in this game so far so my Pokemon are only in the early 40s and while the challenge has been great thus far, I think I might do a bit of training since I know Steven would wreck me. Hell, Sidney just did with only 2 Pokemon! I won't go too high though. I still want a bit of challenge:)

I am currently grinding a bit on Victory Road before facing the Elite Four. All of my Pokemon are mid lvl 60s except for Groudon who is in the 50s still. Once I get Groudon up to par with the rest of my team I will defeat the E4.

I'm currently sitting at six Badges, as I defeated Winona a couple of nights ago. My team is in serious need of training: my Golurk, Bisharp and Gallade are about due to hit level 60 while everyone else is sitting in the 30s! I've mostly been growing berries and the like, as I've been making a lot of Rainbow Pokeblocks+ lately. Haven't taken on Lisia in the Contests yet but I could if I desired; I've swept every last Contest with only one Pokemon. If you've ever wondered who the cleverest, toughest, cutest, coolest or most beautiful Pokemon in all of Hoenn might be, look no further than my Golurk Riser. He has the Ribbons--and the Contest Star Ribbon!--to prove it. XD

Now to deal with Team Magma and that submarine business in Slateport.

I randomly came across a three-star Chlorophyll Gloom and caught it! :D I'd wanted to get a good Oddish/Gloom with Chlorophyll to make a trained up Bellossom to use in a sun-based team I'm building. The one I caught is female too, so for once I have a female Bellossom! I know, having all male ones before was just weird. lol

But now she's a lv. 29 Bellossom that's gotten some Super Training and now has sp. attack and sp. defense stats in the 70s. ^^ Her three perfect IVs are HP, attack, and sp. attack, but what I wanted the most was that sp. attack, so I'm satisfied. ^^ She's my new Grass type in place of Sceptile. I like Mega Sceptile, but I just love Bellossom too much not to always train one for a team. It's so dang cute!

Anyway, along with Bellossom, I also plan to swap in these members for my team:

- Mega Lopunny (ONE OF MY FAVORITE POKEMON OF ALL TIME GOT A MEGA!! Lopunny needed more love too, it's so underrated!)
- Rapidash (this one needs a Mega too, imo. Rapidash could potentially Mega evolve into a beautiful Fire/Fairy Pegasus!)
- Garchomp
- Kingdra (actually already in my party)
- Zebstrika (needs a better movepool, though, imo)

But I also want to Super Train more Fire type Pokemon since they're my favorites. :3 Namely these along with that Rapidash.

- Infernape
- Flareon
- Talonflame
- Pyroar
- Ninetales (not the one I currently have, I want one with Drought)

I would've liked to keep my Gallade on my team because Mega Gallade is epic, but Lopunny is just my favorite Pokemon after the three equines (Keldeo, Rapidash, Zebstrika). xP I'll swap out Kingdra for Keldeo if I ever get another one though! (I don't want to trade the one I have in X)

I got the Delta Episode wrapped up today. I thought for sure Rayquaza was gonna be a real pain to catch, since it was about 20 levels higher than my entire team... only to catch it with a single Ultra Ball.
Also: Riding Mega Rayquaza into outer space is hands-down the single most metal moment in any Pokémon game.

Just got to Fortree City today.
My team is at a decent level (all in the 30s) but because I'm having trouble deciding on a final team I keep swapping out pokemon like crazy ^^'
Currently I have Sceptile (39), Manectric (36), Altaria (36), Gardevoir (35), Lombre (34), and Camerupt (35)

I swap between Lombre, Camerupt, Gardevior, and Metang (Steven's shiny one) depending on who's leveled up enough or who I'm battling. I've decided to use a few different pokemon I've never used in the originals with some exceptions (I'll always have Manectric and Gardevoir whenever I play the Hoenn games) and because of that I swapped out Camerupt temporarily for Castform because I'm super curious t see how it does in battle since I've never used the thing ever.

Caught Rayquaza (second ball - heal ball) and Dexoys (third ball - ultra ball) and thus beat the Delta Episode, was dismayed to learn my Sceptile had 0 IVs in Special Attack/Speed and my Swampert in Attack

Seen 236
Caught 130

Swellow 54
Metagross, Sceptile, Swampert, Armaldo LV55
Manetric LV56

52 hours

Just beat Courtney in OR. She creeps me out.

Not looking forward to Tate and Liza...

Edit: Just battled Tate and Liza...

Why do I always get mollywhopped?

What's hard about them o.o, they only have two Pokemon!

Last edited:
Caught Tornadus today, and picked Totodile from Birch. Explored the Battle Island (I know that's not its real name, but I forgot) too.

I finished Super Training my Bellossom as well as evolving the event shiny Beldum all the way to Metagross. I also got Snivy from Birch. Gotta start getting the other members I want on my next team. ^^

Next up is a good Ponyta to make into a Super Trained Rapidash! I also want to start catching every Pokemon on each route because I like how their little sprites appear on the DexNav. lol

I found my first wild shiny today. I'm not into shinies, I was just looking to level up.

I've been playing since '99 across 10 different games (I don't remember there being shinies on RBY otherwise it would be 13) and what did I finally find?

A purple Audino lol. Why couldn't it have been a Lapras? I've repopulated the Pokemon world with them by now.

Back
Top Bottom