• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Orchestral Music

Continent Turtle

Turtles All The Way Down
Reaction score
Hi. I think most here know that the new Zelda wil get orchestrated music. But now I'm thinking... Should Pokémon games on the 3DS be orchestrated as well? I think it would enhance the game. Give your thoughts on this please.

Hi. I think most here know that the new Zelda wil get orchestrated music. But now I'm thinking... Should Pokémon games on the 3DS be orchestrated as well? I think it would enhance the game. Give your thoughts on this please.
Perhaps on the console such as the Wii which has that capabilities, I don't think the 3DS has the capability to have orchestrated music.

^ Star Fox 64 3D has orchestrated music, so adding them for a Pokemon game wouldn't be such a problem. The only question is, will it sound similar to the score from the Pokemon anime?

Do it like Halo 3, where you have Dynamic music that's not synth music.

Wow, I dunno... That's actually a good question.

I mean, I love the original sound of Pokemon... it really added to the mood. Especially the silly, dinky-almost feel of the DS handheld music.

I suppose, if they do orchestrate them on the 3DS, it might lose some of it's childish, fun feel, but that would open up for a new atmosphere in the games. That would be interesting!

Maybe I'm just too dead-set on the older, typical feel of the games, though. :/

I prefer the kind of music we have in Pokémon games now, really. Orchestral stuff seems too... fancy for the games. Or something. I really don't know, I think it would sound weird. :/

It would be pretty cool if they did (although I don't care too much about it), but they should bring back GBA sounds too. Some people might miss those styles of sound.

Related:
[video=youtube;IoRs9jrsCUI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoRs9jrsCUI[/video]

Would be pretty cool, I think. The current style is fine as it is though so...

All GF'd have to do is give people the option to pick their music type, and everyone would be happy. Put it in the menu, or have a NPC in your hometown change it.

But I have a feeling that that would be a bit too much work for just the music. GF would probably want to use their time and money working on other features instead of recording all the music twice. Unless it's a remake and they can just throw in the music from the originals, I don't see GF having two sets of music.

I still prefer the techno-stuff on handhelds. I do like orchestral stuff for console games, but I think orchestra music would be too... big for a little system. It'd sound weird XD

Related:
[video=youtube;IoRs9jrsCUI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoRs9jrsCUI[/video]

Would be pretty cool, I think. The current style is fine as it is though so...

Oh my goodness! I believe I have just fallen in love!! I LOVE this!! But still, I do think that this sound might be a little ill-fitting with the nature of the handheld games, for reasons stated above. But this is incredible!

I dunno, I kinda like the music the way it is now, but I wouldn`t be opposed to an orchestral soundtrack- either way is fine with me.

I'd love it. It'd make it sound so much more...epic. Like imagine Route 10 of Unova...orchestra style. Now that's a slice of heavenly cheesecake.

I'd love it. It'd make it sound so much more...epic. Like imagine Route 10 of Unova...orchestra style. Now that's a slice of heavenly cheesecake.

No, I'd say Benedict Cumberbatch is a slice of heavenly cheesecake. ;)

Just had to pop in to say that. In all seriousness, I just think that "epic" music coming out of dinky little speakers would be a trifle ridiculous.

No, I'd say Benedict Cumberbatch is a slice of heavenly cheesecake. ;)

Just had to pop in to say that. In all seriousness, I just think that "epic" music coming out of dinky little speakers would be a trifle ridiculous.

We still have those awesome tiny things which plug into our ears called: "headphones".

I'm going to disagree with most people here and say it should have orchestral music. The anime has orchestral music (which sounds amazing imo) and still manages to keep the "Pokemon feel".

[video=youtube;yyILxbuR2_o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyILxbuR2_o[/video]
[video=youtube;XNUuXdJpSuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNUuXdJpSuU[/video]
[video=youtube;F3cQoAK8tiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3cQoAK8tiE[/video]

Last edited:
I think if cart space permits, I think they should go with orchestral music. When you're prerecording music, you can use much better instruments without worrying about running afoul of the channel count - and not have audio dropouts when sound effects are in place! The 3DS Game Cards should be able to handle such a music, provided that they use a larger card size - 1024 MB is seemingly enough for most purposes. Don't forget that we have this thing called "compressed audio" that has been there since the '90s. I think they didn't do it with BW because compressed audio on the DS doesn't sound good.

It probably would be a joy to listen to the redone tracks on my headphones when the whole thing gets orchestrated...

We still have those awesome tiny things which plug into our ears called: "headphones".

Technically earbuds "plug into" ears, headphones go over ears. Just sayin'.

And just thinking about having orchestra music blasted straight into my eardrums is making me feel a little queasy. >.<

Technically earbuds "plug into" ears, headphones go over ears. Just sayin'.

And just thinking about having orchestra music blasted straight into my eardrums is making me feel a little queasy. >.<

I think it would be amazing. If Mario can have music orchestrated, so can Pokémon.

I think some songs would sound nice orchestrated, while others are better off synthesized. I looks at the tracklist for Black and White and I end up going either way.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom