• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oki Draws Pictures

dawn
...*shrugs*
coronet.png

This was today's warmup, so it's a little iffy, but I didn't want to overwork it too much either...

Last edited:
noelle holiday / ash+gary
Thank you Blanc!! I always appreciate the kind words :bulbaLove:

more stuff from today:
noelle.png

...and spamton:

noelle2.png
w.png

I've discovered it feels really weird for me to use lighter/pastel colors now. They used to really be my thing in the past, but I've since been in love with high contrast and saturation for several years :p

Always a blessed day when I can witness more Orchid art. I love the way you draw Gary! Whenever I see him I think of you. I’m dying to learn to emulate the way your lineart feels so organic and full of life. The color on Noelle’s hair is also so MMMM THE WAY THE CYAN BLENDS INTO PINK!! Orchid your art is seriously just, chef kiss.

If you ever make a comic or anything I’ll be all over it. Your style has so much charm.

*dies of gratitude* ;_;
This all means a lot, especially coming from you!! I'm over here quietly admiring/being inspired by your art, so that makes me very happy to hear... thank you, as always!

If you ever make a comic or anything I’ll be all over it.
I definitely want to try doing that at some point! I used to draw lots of shorter, one-off comics, but I think making an ongoing one could be fun. My only issue is that I currently don't have many long-form story ideas lol.
If inspiration strikes, though, the Art Gallery will be the first to know!

Whenever I see him I think of you.
What do Emmet, Lisia, Gary Oak, and Wallace followed by an army of Torchics have in common? Not much, but if you have to ask that question, you're probably here. :P

What do Emmet, Lisia, Gary Oak, and Wallace followed by an army of Torchics have in common. yes i copy and pasted that
I think it's the fact that we're all...here basically?

Emmet would be Blanc, I'm Lisia ofc, Gary is Orchid, and Wallance+Torchics^5 is Torchic, I think? Those people are all basically represented by Pokémon characters lol, if that makes sense? I'd add Iris to that list too maybe~

Can I be Fantina? Or maybe Cynthia?
We're all those characters for specific reasons!!

Blanc loves the Gen 5 subway twins, but most of all Emmet!
Orchid's favorite character is Gary, and has been for a looooooong while.
Torchic is Torchic because Torchic, and they love Wallace too,
I'm Lisia because that's my name, but Lisia is also my favorite character.

But...if you'd like, lol, sure! Be whoever you wannttttt

We're all those characters for specific reasons!!

Blanc loves the Gen 5 subway twins, but most of all Emmet!
Orchid's favorite character is Gary, and has been for a looooooong while.
Torchic is Torchic because Torchic, and they love Wallace too,
I'm Lisia because that's my name, but Lisia is also my favorite character.

But...if you'd like, lol, sure! Be whoever you wannttttt
My brain hasn't processed this message, can you explain again, please?? :confused_emoji:

My brain hasn't processed this message, can you explain again, please?? :confused_emoji:
Basically a few members of the forums who have heavily associated themselves with their favorite characters through their avatar usuage and postings are kinda seen as "being" those characters.

Anyhow since I'm popping in here to post I should say something about Orchid's art! I think I've been giving reactions to all the art posts in this thread so hopefully you already know I like your stuff but I'm gonna say it anyway. Your style's super cool, I especially really like the way you do shading, it always feels super vibrant, and something about the way you do your characters' hair has always felt pretty cool to me as well.

Basically a few members of the forums who have heavily associated themselves with their favorite characters through their avatar usuage and postings are kinda seen as "being" those characters.

Anyhow since I'm popping in here to post I should say something about Orchid's art! I think I've been giving reactions to all the art posts in this thread so hopefully you already know I like your stuff but I'm gonna say it anyway. Your style's super cool, I especially really like the way you do shading, it always feels super vibrant, and something about the way you do your characters' hair has always felt pretty cool to me as well.
aw thank you Dawning, you're too kind! I appreciate you stopping by to share your thoughts, it means a lot :bulbaLove:

But yes that's what I was referring to, I was joking around and didn't exactly expect it to become a discussion lol. It's just a fun side effect of being particularly dedicated to a favorite or two; it's kind of like how someone might associate you with Cinccino, Artu ^^

Back
Top Bottom