• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Closed Orchid's Mysterious Garden

the post's up to date now yay!

I'm gonna drink my second cup of coffee and then I might write down some stuff about JN102 later.

unknown.png

3/1/2022
Statement for the somewhat-near future: I'll probably be posting a bit about Pokeani here over the next couple weeks. Meaning, stuff from Journeys that hasn't been dubbed yet. If you only keep up with the dub and don't wanna be spoiled for future events... look away! (...even though it's technically all right there in the A&M board lol)

Also, because this isn't like my old blog, and is instead just my general diary blog for randomness... I'm probably not going to try to give any real substance to what I say. I'm just going to ramble about it aimlessly and gush about it excitedly. So if you also don't care about that... look away.

It's late though, so I don't have much to say right now; this post just serves as a notice of sorts for what's to come around here.

That being said...
omg Gary has a Tyranitar now isn't that cool :bulbaLove::bulbaLove::bulbaLove:

(P.S. I was measuring my post milestones by Pokedex number, but I've missed the last two in a row. I forgot about Volcanion so I'm just gonna ignore it. shhhh)

3/4/2022
...I've had this blog for a month already?? that makes it rather unceremonious that I'm typing this post from my phone...

I've been feeling kind of exhausted by life lately, so trying to talk about stuff or get things done or write anything down has been proving more difficult than usual. Sometimes I forget masking is hard. Sigh.

I finished, for now, part of the hack I've been working on for the past few months — which means I can finally get back to drawing regularly. My 2022 art folder is like, ridiculously empty, which is not good lol.

Journeys finally got its fourth variation on the OP today (the third one was over a year old... ouch) and it's nice enough. I haven't gotten a chance to actually listen to it yet, but the animation and visuals look really, really good! If they were working on this I kind of understand now why it took as long as it did.
The two big surprise reveals this time around were Paul and Greninja. To summarize my thoughts in short, Paul is cool, I care infinitely less about Greninja. They're both popular and all, so I guess it's not too surprising, but at the moment I can't really imagine how their returns will be explained (especially in Paul's case).
Oh also Regigigas was there and any day I get to see Regis is a good day. :bulbaLove:

Anyway, thus begins the wait for JN102. The preview for it is next week.
JN068 was easily my favorite episode up to now, Project Mew has proven to be good so far, and Tokio
I refuse to call him by his dub name of freakin' Horace LOL
was a neat character in his debut. The fact that this will combine all three of those things and probably contain some pretty important character development? I am obnoxiously excited, to say the least.

Masking is hard, can absolutely 100% relate as someone who has stopped being able to mask :confused:
Just watched the new OP and OH MY GOSH CONTESTS!!!!!! AND WALLACE AND LISIA!!!!!!!! IT WASN'T JUST A STILL THEY MOVED I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3/12/2022
I guess it wouldn't hurt to update around here...

I finally made a thread over in the Art Gallery, which you can find right here if you so desire. It's kinda nice to have a place to share my stuff again. (I used to put my art up on DeviantArt, but that terrible layout update a couple years ago finally just drove me out for good >_>)
I also kind of want to open up an Art Shop thread, just because I love drawing requests and it'd help me practice, but part of me is hesitant for some reason.

In other news, I'm going through that phase I go through every now and then of getting addicted to The Sims. I'm alternating slightly between TS3 and TS4, and TS4 has improved a lot in recent years, but... TS3 is still my favorite by a long shot. Steam is telling me I've put another ~20 hours into it in the past 3 days alone, which is, uh, bad?

Thought of the day: If I could create my own hypothetical ideal Sims 5, I would combine the CAS, art style, and open world of TS3 with the emotion system, gender customization, and Sentiments of TS4. (seriously, I went without playing TS4 for a while last year and I came back to the Sentiments update and I think it's kind of great. Also apparently they're going to add the ability to choose your own pronouns for your Sims pretty soon? Dope.)

Oh, and the preview for JN102 aired yesterday. Didn't tell us anything we didn't already know, but at the same time I'm just like omg yaaay :D

3/18/2022 - Kindness Can Be a WHAAAT?!?!?!
OK, so, here's the final part to the current ongoing saga here on this blog. I watched JN102 a couple of times today, both with and without subtitles.

The short answer: That was a fine episode of Pokémon!
The long, slightly more truthful answer: Oh my god I have so many thoughts and feelings about this episode I can't even process them all. ;_;

I honestly want to type a really long post about it here, just to ramble excitedly and overanalyze the character interactions in it and totally not at all be biased in my opinions...
...so, um, I'm going to do just that. Dignity be damned.

Once I get all my ducks in a row, I'm going to edit this post and add my thoughts about why I personally feel this episode is so important. I'm just leaving it here in advance, like I did with the Presents, as I get the feeling it may take a while to write it all down semi-cohesively... so, perhaps, stay tuned.

3/20/2022
^ I'll get around to this tomorrow for sure. I've had some time to calm the heck down and think about what specifically I wanna say, but it's already pretty late.
I'll tell you now though, Tokio is super nice, and makes a great foil character to Gou. Plus, what with his team mostly being support, it makes me happy to see more defensive strats being used in the anime. I just hope we see more of him before the series wraps up. ...I'm gonna have to use his dub name at some point, aren't I...

oh, also, I played the first wave of the MK8DX DLC today, since I was preoccupied yesterday.
In short, it's... fine. The Tour courses feel awkward, to say the least. I'll get used to them eventually, but right now I'm not a fan.
As far as the retro tracks go: Shroom Ridge is way more fun than it ever was in MKDS, Choco Mountain is fine, Sky Garden feels super short for some reason, what they've done to Coconut Mall is a downright tragedy, and Toad Circuit exists. The end.
Mostly it just made me hope that the later cups will be more interesting. :confused:

wait what happened
it feels different but not in a good way. i got on mario kart for like 2 mins to see how coconut mall was. just OK, but i need the original music www
huh, the remastered music is a little odd, now that I'm listening to it outside of the game. It kind of sounds like it's missing a sound channel or two compared to the original, like there's absolutely no bass track at all? Weird.

Though, I was mostly referring to how the track itself looks way, way different visually, to the point of being nigh unrecognizable. It looks so generic and oversaturated now, it pains me emotionally. T_T
Here's a side-by-side comparison of the two.

3/29/2022
Oh, I still haven't written that post about JN102. Damn.
I'll get to it eventually — but every time I try I end up getting distracted, because it reminded me of something else, or it gave me an idea for some other thing, et cetera... >_>

Not doing so hot today. I had really bad allergies all day yesterday, which I assumed were just from dust/dryness, but I'm now trying to figure out if I've actually caught a cold. I don't get sick very often (once every few years, even) but when I do it really kills me. I already kind of feel like I'm running on half a battery and I only woke up about 2 hours ago. OTL

I also finally hatched a new
I regret to inform you that Howie, my last Tama, passed away at the age of 18yr a while back
Tamagotchi, whom I'm aiming to evolve into Kuchipatchi this time. His name is Crispin because I can't think of anything else.

4/5/2022
Allergies are still fighting me a little it seems. Yesterday was particularly rough, but it's gotten a bit better today so I think that's good. I would like to go a day without some kind of ache though... OTL

I replayed (most of) Deltarune Chapter 2's alternate route last night. Not gonna spoil anything, but man it's still completely fantastic. Just such good storytelling, atmosphere, and sound design; it's crazy.
I'd already played it once, but got stuck at the last fight, and that's basically what's happening again lol. I swear it's a thousand times easier normally...
I foresee future chapters' secret bosses just getting further out of hand and having straight-up Touhou lunatic difficulty bullet patterns by the end.

Crispin evolved into Kuchipatchi like I was aiming for, by the way. To which I say, isn't this the cutest arrangement of 16 pixels you've ever seen?:
Kuchipatchi_Sprite.png

Kuchipatchi isn't my #1 favorite Tama anymore, but he's definitely in the top 10.

oh, uh, also...
There's some stuff going on with Pokeani right now, and the appearance of a certain past companion basically just got confirmed... but I personally really don't like her as a character, and didn't want to see her return here... so it's just making me very upset, because I don't wanna hear about it, nor can I really express my displeasure without just sounding dismissive and biased. T_T

So I'm just here in the back watching it happen like:
Tumblr_l_52663858445566.gif

Anyway, that's all, bye again.

4/6/2022 - tamatamatamatama
Kuchipatchi isn't my #1 favorite Tama anymore, but he's definitely in the top 10.
...out of boredom, I now present to you my top 10 favorite Tamagotchi characters. Because that's just the kind of blog this is.
#10: Makiko
unknown.png
unknown.png

I have a fondness for the purple and haughty. Makiko is way better than Memetchi anyway.

#9: Kuchipatchi
unknown.png
unknown.png

When I went through a brief Tama phase as a kid, I think Kuchipatchi was the only one I knew by name, just because I liked him so much. Plus his name was just fun to say.

#8: Furikotchi
unknown.png
unknown.png

Have you ever seen a more polite-looking pendulum clock? The wiki states that "most of the time he announces the time correctly, but when he's too excited, he forgets what it is". me too, dude, it's okay.

#7: Sukatchi
unknown.png
unknown.png

So very stylish. Also apparently he loves ska music, so just... try and process that for a minute.

#6: Kunoitchi
unknown.png
unknown.png

kitty! (I like her brother Gozarutchi too, but... look. Kitty.)

#5: Nazotchi
unknown.png
unknown.png

Maybe it's cheating to even list Nazotchi here, because you can't technically raise him in any release and he's always a secondary character, but I love him anyway. He's just so... weird. Also he's a postman.

#4: Togetchi
unknown.png
unknown.png

Kitty!

#3: Maskutchi
unknown.png
unknown.png

I love how unabashedly creepy they made this guy. From the GB manual: "Maskutchi likes to learn, but it can be cranky and a little mean at times. It has the unnerving habit of staring at you from dark corners." C'mon, Maskutchi, don't do that.

#2: Nyatchi
unknown.png
unknown.png

KITTY! She changes color depending on her mood!

#1: Ginjirotchi
unknown.png
unknown.png

I'm not sure how this happened because I remember really hating Ginjirotchi when I was younger LOL. I think it's because the very first Tama I ended up raising on my current device was Ginjirotchi, and I got attached to him. One of his descriptions says he's "undemanding, cheerful, sensitive and lovable", and I think he's... a penguin, maybe? Whatever he's supposed to be, it's cute.

unknown.png
These are all from the vintage or Connection eras, because that's just how I roll. But I'm also not counting any of the crossover Nanos, because then my favorite Tamagotchi would be Eevee, and that's just unfair. xp

4/14/2022
late late reply but ^ I can't even tell you how many times I've heard my family refer to Tomodachi Life as "Tamagotchi Life". :wynaut:

The Corner Shop games look cute though; maybe I'll find a way to play them soon...

General life update:

Currently considering making a Pokémon headcanons blog around here like some others have done. (they seem like a lot of fun, I just worry I'd run out of things to say pretty quickly.)

Currently dreading packing up all my stuff for my imminent move. (sometimes I regret being a collector at heart.)

On the other hand, currently anticipating organizing all of it in my new room. (Happy Home Paradise prepared me for this.)

Currently playing a ridiculous amount of Sims 3 to pass the time as usual. (I got the Generations and Late Night EPs earlier this week and I like them a lot so far, I feel like there's still so much stuff in them I haven't seen yet.)

The other day, the battery finally went kaput in my Tama P1, and Crispin was unfortunately lost to time.
Interestingly though, when I managed to put a new one in (did I mention it beeps extremely loudly until you replace it) it showed a glitched screen, displaying a frozen white egg sprite, with the discipline/needs symbol lit up. None of the buttons did anything though so I just hard reset it on the back of the case.
I'm kind of intrigued as to what part of it made it show the white egg sprite upon a new battery being inserted. In the international releases, which is what I have, the egg sprite is black — only in the JP releases is the egg white. I theorize it might still be in the ROM somewhere and that was just the first sprite it could pull? Maybe I'll look into the known glitches on the P1/P2. Is it possible to corrupt this thing?!...

...this is just the kind of absolutely riveting content we talk about here at the Mysterious Garden.

(P.S. I just realized the acronym for this blog's name is "OMG" and I'm shocked that I didn't even realize that until now. go forth with this knowledge.)

Back
Top Bottom