• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Closed Orchid's Mysterious Garden

I think so, anyway. I can't find evidence anywhere of what those really hardcore data-corrupting ones do on the VC release, but I feel like I heard once that they can still be dangerous to your 3DS. That could very well be untrue (it is just emulated, after all, so maybe it'd be fine?) but I wouldn't risk it myself x_x

Legit same, even if it’s emulated I’m way too scared to risk it. LOL. To be honest, even with the originals I was in disbelief they could do that. It’s so scary… though I guess not really if you’re using a burner DS. (I always wanted those special edition Pokemon ones…) And my DS lite already has some pixel loss, RIP brave soldier.

I know this is unrelated, and I’m a bit shy to ask, but would you like to art trade sometime, Orchid? My health is pretty lackluster right now, and I have a SBMS zine participation coming up I gotta see to, but if you’re interested some time, I think it’d be fun! I love your work.

I know this is unrelated, and I’m a bit shy to ask, but would you like to art trade sometime, Orchid? My health is pretty lackluster right now, and I have a SBMS zine participation coming up I gotta see to, but if you’re interested some time, I think it’d be fun! I love your work.
OMG of course, that sounds great! Whenever you feel up to it and have time I would love to! There's no rush at all, I'm officially moving into my new apartment tomorrow and might be a little swamped by that for a bit lol. I haven't done an art trade in years so you're right that it would be fun, just let me know when!

5/1/2022
It's a new month, enjoy your May.

As I said, I'm gettin' outta here a little later today. I haven't been this tired in a hot minute (and of course now all I want is to sit down and draw, when it's nigh-impossible for me to do so OTL).
I'm slightly worried about how my cat will adjust to everything, since he hasn't ever had to move before — hopefully he won't be making too much of a meowing ruckus in his carrier on public transit, but otherwise I think he'll be fine.

Speaking of the month of May, can you believe it's already been almost a whole year since JN068 aired? ...yeah, that's the kind of thing my mind defaults to, whatever...

Legit same, even if it’s emulated I’m way too scared to risk it. LOL. To be honest, even with the originals I was in disbelief they could do that. It’s so scary… though I guess not really if you’re using a burner DS. (I always wanted those special edition Pokemon ones…) And my DS lite already has some pixel loss, RIP brave soldier.
If you have a hacked 3DS (or if you hack it) you can always restore a backup of your system if anything goes wrong! and you can emulate much more, and use save editors, etcetc. Or not, but either way, good luck glitch hunting! Playing with Missingno. on an emulator on my Vita is so much fun!!

Good luck with moving Orchid~

5/3/2022
don't worry kerf, NOW it's the 4th.

Kitty was more than a little freaked out by the move, but he seems to be adjusting okay. My desk is still buried under a bunch of boxes though, so if I want to draw I'll have to do it elsewhere... T_T I did put in a little spot on my bookshelf specifically for my collection of Eevee stuff though, so that's always fun.

To keep myself occupied I've been watching some random OS and DP episodes in the background while doing other stuff. I've been meaning to for a while, but I think now would finally be a good time to start from EP001 again and try to make my way through every series in order. (Though I'm also in one of those moods where I just want to watch my favorites over and over and over again, so I worry I may not make much progress once I get to season 5 or so >_>)

I think now might also be a good time to start that other blog I was talking about... might as well, eh?

5/4/2022
well I had an interesting morning... Have you ever woken up at 5:50 AM to a loud crashing noise in the darkness of your room, only to discover that your TV and everything plugged into it had fallen onto the floor (presumably pushed over by your cat)? I have. :confused: Boy was that a lot to take in.

Anyways, after much deliberation, my Pokémon headcanons blog is now up and running right here. Nothing much of note there yet, but aside from headcanons I'll probably put in some longer character analysis type stuff eventually... :notworthy:

And in conclusion, I hope you (yes, you) have been having a good day today.

(P.S. this is the 100th reply here!)

...is everything OK with your TV!? (and the cat?)
Somehow, TV made it out mostly unscathed! It has a little mark on the screen but other than that it seems fine. I was honestly expecting it to shatter so I'd count this as a win???

The culprit my cat is perfectly fine, he just seemed... surprised (he likes to crawl around behind the TV anyway so I'm shocked this hasn't happened sooner x_x).

sits myself in Orchid’s new living space like a horrid little creature.

Jokes aside, I know how exhausting a move can be! I’m loving your headcanon blog, but I hope you’re taking it easy too, Orchid! And I’m glad your TV came out safe, for now… Lest a Rotom find its way there. LOL

5/6/2022
aw thanks Blanc! Maybe later today I'll put some more stuff there. I'm trying my best to take it easy, even if it proves difficult.

I started my Pokeani rewatch yesterday and I'm up to EP029 now. I'm looking forward to EP031 for... predictable reasons but EP032 is one of those ones I don't remember much about.

anyway, I'm gonna go sit down or try to draw or something...

(edit reason: I got shy about part of this post LOL)

Last edited:
5/10/2022
Waaaaaait you can MAKE your own UTAUloids!?!?!??!???!!?!?!? dude that's absolutely amazing holy wtf
calling @takoyaki to the front desk...
I don't know if you mean me specifically but yeah of course you can! As long as you have a computer and a microphone, anyone can record their own UTAU. (Drawing a cute design for it is just an added bonus.)

It's also not very hard to do so! There's a bit of a learning curve when it comes to tuning it and making covers - but it's super fun and rewarding if you have the patience for it :)

I don't have much of interest to say today (when do I ever). I just got back from a really long walk, wherein I stood around admiring the sunset and the pine trees. Fascinating, eh? ...who am I kidding, it was actually pretty nice. I was in a bad mood and it felt like the exact thing I needed.

I'll leave you with this, because dang it it's my blog and I'll post whatever I want:
OMG have you guys seen this...? I already talk all the time about how cool the Regis are, they're the absolute best legendaries so of course I'm more than excited to see them - but Gary gets a winter coat design too how cute is that??????

My dear friend @Hawthorn said to me that this episode seems like it was made with me in mind. That statement scares me with its accuracy and I don't like it ._.

Hi, my dear friend Orchid!!! I can second the walk he went on was really nice - I was not there, but I was graced with pictures of all the stuff he saw. I'm also really glad you enjoyed it!
I stand by what I said regarding the episode! Everything down to the winter coat is absolutely tailored to you. . . And I agree its cute! He's got a fuzzy jacket on! But, it's so awfully far away and I can see us both getting impatient while we wait, plus i'm also a little scared to watch 'cause I have no clue what we're in for.

I'm excited to hear your thoughts on all of it (you're the Gary expert!), but also just staying up to watch the new episodes as they happen is always fun and exciting! . . . And scary when I miss my alarms. But anyhow! I think it'd be cool to hear your predictions on what you think might happen, if you've got the energy to write a few ideas out some time! I'm nosy!

^ a mythical creature has appeared; everybody go around the room and say hi :enzap: (sorry)
I think it'd be cool to hear your predictions on what you think might happen, if you've got the energy to write a few ideas out some time! I'm nosy!
I'll probably do something like that when there's actually more information to go off of. The most I can say right now is that I sense... character development. That scares me. Also where is Tokio >_>

I don't care what happens, I just wanna see Registeel do something cool. orz

I already talk all the time about how cool the Regis are, they're the absolute best legendaries so of course I'm more than excited to see them - but Gary gets a winter coat design too how cute is that??????
I HAVEN'T BEEN KEEPING UP WITH JOURNEYS BUT I'M JUST HERE TO YELL I LOVE THE REGIS I think they're adorable!! But now I NEED to see Gary in his coat, I've always had a soft spot for that smug bastard.

I don't have much of interest to say today (when do I ever). I just got back from a really long walk, wherein I stood around admiring the sunset and the pine trees. Fascinating, eh? ...who am I kidding, it was actually pretty nice. I was in a bad mood and it felt like the exact thing I needed.
This sounds so nice... There's a lake by my house I wish I had less anxiety visiting, but past issues and all that. And same about having interesting stuff to say LMAO... regardless I love chatting with you Orchid, I definitely need to get out of the house soon myself, I'm way too much of a hermit. Glad you're feeling refreshed!

Back
Top Bottom