• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Original series- What Kind of Pokémon Are You? question (Pikachu's Jukebox)

marioxb

Reaction score
So everyone (old school fans at least)'s probably aware that the original Pikachu's Jukebox segment for "What Kind of Pokémon Are You?" was changed for the DVD and later broadcasts. The original line, from the first verse of the song was:

"Good luck with Muk and it's poison gas,
make one wrong move and it'll kick your grass."

was changed to use a later line,

"Dratini comes first when you choose dragon,
evolution's the solution when you're gonna win."

And the corresponding visuals were changed as well, resulting in the original version not being available in any retail format. I want to recreate the segment with DVD footage (video anyway), using a mix of the newer Dratini segment and footage from episodes. I've figured out that the footage of Muk and Bellsprout used comes from the episodes "Sparks Fly For Magnemite" and "The Fourth Round Rumble", and Shellder is from "The Evolution Solution". I can't seem to figure out what episode the last missing clip is from, with Ash holding Pikachu. I've attached a screenshot. If anyone can pinpoint the exact episode this shot came from, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
screenshot.png

It's from "Riddle Me This".

I never knew they changed the verse though I guess its not really surprising.

Thanks, Flynn! Yeah, Sammy, it's funny that they removed part because it sounded like "ass", but replaced it with footage from a banned episode. Of course the Pokerap used footage from both banned episodes 35 and 38.

Thanks, Flynn! Yeah, Sammy, it's funny that they removed part because it sounded like "ass", but replaced it with footage from a banned episode. Of course the Pokerap used footage from both banned episodes 35 and 38.

There was never any Episode 38 footage used in the Pokerap.

It seems highly unlikely that 4Kids ever got the episode sent over to them in the first place.

There was never any Episode 38 footage used in the Pokerap.

It seems highly unlikely that 4Kids ever got the episode sent over to them in the first place.

Not "footage", per say, but what about the picture of Porygon that comes up when it says "Porygon"?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom