• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Origins of a Tyrant

Marcat

Just Marcat
Reaction score
This is my new story!

Some of you thought this was Guillotine's story...you were wrong.

Though I will do one eventually, I love the guy too much.

This story is about the childhood of two of the worst pokemon villians in Pokemon history. Maxie and Archie.
I will be using the Ruby Version of events, meaning that Archie is the good guy and Maxie is the bad guy. So don't annoy me about the "OOC".

I always wondered, why they're bad. Well this my way of explaining it. So here we go!

Prologue

“Go Lairon, metal claw!” the boy called to his Pokémon. The large rhino-like Pokémon heaved the steel plating on its body and slammed its glowing claw into the Numel, knocking it out. The victor loosed a wild roar, the metal ridged plating shuddering across its short body.

The boy smiled and returned the Pokémon, obviously this was a skilled trainer, his old travel-worn clothes were flecked with faint grass stains, the dirt flecked shoes and the tanned skin was evidence of his long travels. His eyes shown with confidence and determination at his quick win, dealing with Zubats, Poocheyena and the occasional Numel was nothing he couldn’t handle.

The defeated grunt’s shoulders sagged and his head bowed in shame, he trudged over to Maxie’s tall figure and apologized for his incompetence. Maxie simply glared at the grunt angrily and walked up to challenge the young boy.

“You have become a pain,” he said without emotion, “All we wanted to do was talk to the good professor about that intriguing rock he found here.”

The boy glared at him disbelievingly. He knew that Maxie spewing a load of bull, he had tried to steal the rock from Professor Cosmo. After kidnapping him from his house in Fallarbor town, Maxie had dragged him deep into Meteor Falls to interrogate him about the meteor. Luckily he had faced the Magmas at Slateport Town and knew that they were up to no good, he had given chase and managed to fight off the grunts. But for how long would he continue, he couldn’t keep going.

The thunderous slam of the falls made it hard to hear speech, but the kid heard Maxie’s next words very clearly.

“Now you face me-”

“MAXIE!” a loud voice shouted.

Both of the trainers startled at the sudden shout and turned to see its source, surprisingly it was Archie, leader of Team Aqua, a team that seemed dedicated to stopping Team Magma’s plans, whatever they are. Archie was a tall muscular man garbed in a black suit that revealed most of his tanned chest, a blue bandanna covered his head. He was a striking figure that gave the impression of power and command. Four Aqua grunts flanked his right and left sidess wearing sailor uniforms. Archie was glaring at Maxie furiously; a Pokeball was in his hand.

Maxie smiled back at Archie darkly and quickly barked orders to his grunts,

“Let’s go! Take the rock and leave!” He called.

The grunts scrambled hurriedly, wrenching the meteor from Cosmo’s weak hands, they ran for the exit. They managed to leave the cave with the Aqua grunts hot on their heels.

Maxie shoved the trainer boy out of the way in his bid to escape; he took off running towards the falls, hoping to get rid of Archie. However, Archie wasn’t ready to let him escape. Maxie stood at the edge of the falls and turned to face Archie. His face had changed, the draft tugged at their clothes and the spray of the waterfall doused them, a sort of pleading graced his face.

“Maxie, why do you this?” He asked, struggling to keep his voice heard over the roar of the falls.

Maxie looked at him coldly; immense sadness was in his expression.

“I’m changing something that’s wrong in the world. I’m making it a better place, for… for Vinnie.” He shouted.

“Vin’s dead!” Archie roared.

Maxie didn’t reply, he simply turned around towards the falls and jumped. Archie scrambled to the edge to witness Maxie’s plunge, fortunately, he sent out his Crobat and grabbed its feet, flying off.

Archie sighed in despair, he had failed again. Things were so difficult now, he felt responsible for every foolish act Maxie attempted. He remembered when things were easy, in his childhood.

Nobody understood Maxie like he did; nobody knew that they were more than enemies. If he were to stop Maxie before he tried another one his moronic schemes of his that could end up in disaster, he would have to return to the very beginning. What had made Maxie into his self now, a tyrant.

Origins of a Tyrant

Last edited:
Maxie, a tyrant? He isn't evil, he's just a retarded envinronmental activist. But go on, this is good stuff, but it has grammar and spelling errors. 8/10.

ACK!
I forgot to RE-READ!
Thanks for reminding me, I'll read and check.

Im lovin the idea. Archie against Maxie. Keep them coming, I hope its just as good as Twins of Fate. 9/10

I admit that all my knowledge of Maxie and Archie comes from the manga. I never met them when I played the games because, well, I kinda never finished them...

Anyways, even if they're OOC, I liked the characterizations. There seemed to be quite an amount of feelings :ksmile:

And your descriptions were also pretty sweet; not too many, not too little, not too confusing :-D

You've done a good job so far. Thanks for inviting me over to read.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom