• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Orre

Luis92

Reaction score
How did Orre become an mostly arid region devoid of most life as feautred in Colosseum and XD?

Tell us ur theories or give us a fanfic.
Dont be shy

Mines is that Orre was an ancient civilization due to the Orre Colosseun

i think there was a major war and to make sure Orre will never prosper,they salted the region and killed most of the pokemon

Something that big would've been mentioned, at least in passing, somewhere in the games. Not to mention if you completely dominated a region, you'd most likely claim it as your own, not make it useless to everyone.

I'm just saying

Orre is too arid to be like that,Sinnoh,Kanto,Johto are next to it and there not scorching deserts

there mustve been a war
hmmmmm

maybe it has someting to do with the Brass Tower......

Uh, no. Orre is based on a desert, there was no "cataclysmic war" that destroyed the region. In fact, Orre is based off of Arizona. Phenac sounds a lot like Phoenix doesn't it?

The Sahara Desert is a post-apocalyptic wasteland caused by a nuclear war! : o

Uh, no. Orre is based on a desert, there was no "cataclysmic war" that destroyed the region. In fact, Orre is based off of Arizona. Phenac sounds a lot like Phoenix doesn't it?
geoff is right. Orre is based off the desert in Arizona, and Phenac is based off Phoenix, AZ. What about the other Orre locations, such as Gateon, Pyrite, and the Key Lair? Maybe they're based on real-world locations as well...

Pyrite sounds like pirate, and it's a shady town full of rogues, so it makes some sense from that angle.

Orre is based on the Chugoku region of Japan, not Arizona.

And Hiroshima is in Chugoku, although I doubt that an atom bomb dropped on Orre. But knowing that it's based on the region where an atom bomb was dropped might help you with your questions.

And Hiroshima is in Chugoku, although I doubt that an atom bomb dropped on Orre. But knowing that it's based on the region where an atom bomb was dropped might help you with your questions.

No, no, no, no, no! It's been confirmed by many that Orre is based on Arizona. Phenac is a pun on Phoenix. I've never heard of a mineral called Phenac. And Hiroshima isn't a desert today is it? The Atomic Bomb was used years ago. I really don't think it has any relevance to Orre.

Phena(c)kite. I saw a pattern in the fact that the region is Orre, which, without the extra r, is ore. Agate, Phenakite, and Pyrite are all minerals which can be mined. Gateon... I think that's also from Agate, since it is pretty close by.

Americans nuked Orre is the... really dumbest idea I've ever heard. One nuclear bomb couldn't transform an area that big into a desert. It would already have been a desert, if it was nuked. And that desert would then have been glassed.

Orre's just arid, like the southwest US.

I really don't see any similarities whatsoever. It's like Arizona's landscape with a port, really.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Orre

Does the 'pedia lie? Where is it confirmed that Orre is based off Arizona, anyway?

I've got the ancient-civilization-reduced-to-ruins-by-settlers (not Americans or from an atomic bomb) theory for a fanfic, and the remnants of the old kingdom have been moved to an underground location. Or something like that.

http://www.t3.rim.or.jp/~sayori/area/chugoku.html

There's a map of Chugoku. The only similarities are that the shrine and the mountain are sort of in the same place to eachother. But it's not anywhere near the level of matchup that the other regions have to Japan. I really don't think Orre is based on a specific place anymore than Fiore or the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon world is. We do know that the landscape and Arizona are based on Arizona from interviews, and there are a couple of references to Pheonix (Phenac City and the area having its own Ho-oh), but that's about it.

I've got the ancient-civilization-reduced-to-ruins-by-settlers (not Americans or from an atomic bomb) theory for a fanfic, and the remnants of the old kingdom have been moved to an underground location. Or something like that.

It seems like it's just nothing more than a desert where not many people or Pokemon chose to live. Although obviously there are wild Pokemon, they didn't want to put any in Col because they ditched the idea of routes in exchange for zooming from location to location. There are plenty of Pokemon suited to desert enviroments - Sandshrew, Trapinch, Cacnea, Numel; just like there are plenty of animals that live in the desert despite the image of it people have as unsurvivable wasteland. The lack of wild Pokemon is more of a design decision in the first game.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom