• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Oshawott - Auschwitz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naokohiro

Pokégirls! YES!
Reaction score
Is it just me or does 'Oshawott' sound strikingly familiar to 'Auschwitz?'

Say this out loud: "Oshawotts"
Then say this: "Auschwitz"
Then say that they don't sound similar and I'll believe you.

Is it just me or does 'Oshawott' sound strikingly familiar to 'Auschwitz?'

Not at all. The "osh" in Oshawott is pronounced the same as in "posh", or I suppose even "wash" (minus the first letter in both obviously). Auschwitz is more of an "ow" pronunciation. If that's clear.

Sorry.
I thought at least one person would find this funny, but everyone seems to just over-analyze it. -_-'

Are you trying to imply Mijumaru runs deathcamps? D8

I know people used to hate him but that's going too far.

But for serious, I don't know how you could mispronounce it that bad. This thread gonna be closed?

Sorry.
I thought at least one person would find this funny, but everyone seems to just over-analyze it. -_-'

Generally, deathcamp jokes aren't viewed as funny.

Are you trying to imply Mijumaru runs deathcamps? D8

I know people used to hate him but that's going too far.

But for serious, I don't know how you could mispronounce it that bad. This thread gonna be closed?

Generally, deathcamp jokes aren't viewed as funny.

Yes, I'm a horrible person. Blue comedy just isn't funny.

It was funnier when viewed as a "wut" or possible trolling attempt, but as an actual serious joke, it's on-par with the Irate Gamer trying to claim that Goro (from Mortal Kombat) sounded like "guru"; even the tumbleweed felt making an appearance after that one would be detrimental to their image.

Well, this is kind of like how Waruvial's head looks kind of like a * from the game sprite perspective.

OshaWOTT are you talking about?

There's dark comedy, and then there's subjects that shouldn't be joked about, especially when the joke sucks. This isn't Raoul Moatly funny.

Last edited:
Sorry.

how is this funny?!
you can't compare a pkmn to something as horrid as a death camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom