• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Other Methods of Evolution

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score
Okay, so XY introduced us to the concept of Mega Evolution, and ORAS gave us a similar evolutionary process for Pokemon. One guy in ORAS actually wonders what other evolutionary processes heave been forgotten throughout history, which leads me to this question:

What other kinds of evolution could be introduced into this series? Could there be something involving Aura or Dream Mist? Could the next big thing be an upgrade of regular evolution?

What are your ideas or thoughts regarding future evolutionary varients? Discuss!

Not necessarily evolution, but I've always been kind of curious as to what other prehistoric Pokémon have existed other than the ones that we currently know of. What if there's prehistoric "pre-evolutions" of sorts for some of the present-day 'mons? However, that may be too borderline on the existing theory of real-world evolution, and it may cause some backlash... not that Pokémon hasn't created controversy before, BUT...

*Personally, I don't believe in real-world evolution... this is just an idea for a new form of Pokémon evolution that I'm trying to throw out there.

I've also wondered what Mega-Evolution would mean for the Shadow Pokémon concept of Colosseum/XD, but I believe there's a separate thread for that IIRC.

Wow... I was about to post something like that here myself!

When I was playing Alpha Saphirre, one thing really stood out to me as suspicious: Every single known mega stone could be found, and thus no more version exclusive megastones anymore.

In this way, the whole value of trading them dropped considerably compared to during X&Y. Maybe the Garchompite or Diancite now, but that's about it. It stuck me odd, as if they want all the Mega Evolutions available in the future games, no more exclusives.

Now, if this rings true, I think then having completely different stones for each and every pokemon would be very redundant now - after all, there's no reason to trade between games in them. Many restrictions about trading them apply even now. Even more, having more and more mega evolutions could crowd your bag with stones, and complicate everything like crazy for casual players.

In such, I predict that in the next generation, there will no longer single-pokemon mega stones - instead, there will be "universal" mega stones, ones of which could be repeatedly upgraded gradually in the game adventure to mega evolve different pokemon indefinitely.

Of course, this is just my speculation!

Wow... I was about to post something like that here myself!

When I was playing Alpha Saphirre, one thing really stood out to me as suspicious: Every single known mega stone could be found, and thus no more version exclusive megastones anymore.

In this way, the whole value of trading them dropped considerably compared to during X&Y. Maybe the Garchompite or Diancite now, but that's about it. It stuck me odd, as if they want all the Mega Evolutions available in the future games, no more exclusives.

Now, if this rings true, I think then having completely different stones for each and every pokemon would be very redundant now - after all, there's no reason to trade between games in them. Many restrictions about trading them apply even now. Even more, having more and more mega evolutions could crowd your bag with stones, and complicate everything like crazy for casual players.

In such, I predict that in the next generation, there will no longer single-pokemon mega stones - instead, there will be "universal" mega stones, ones of which could be repeatedly upgraded gradually in the game adventure to mega evolve different pokemon indefinitely.

Of course, this is just my speculation!
That's a great idea! However, can you think of anything similar but not the same as Mega Evolution? This thread is really for new evolutionary methods. There's a separate thread for Mega Evolution.

Oh, that...

Well, one thing I could see is a fusion type of mega evolution - where in battle, 2 pokemon fuse into one unified pokemon.

Now, one part about this: looking at many of the the pokemon that haven't gotten a mega evolution - let alone any evolution at all, they seem to go in pairs in some way - Plusle-Minun, Volbeat-Illumise, Alomomola-Luvdisc, Lunatone-Solrock, Etc. It's as if there's a conundrum about how on earth to give them any sort of attention at all.

The next part: Somehow, I noticed that Gamefreak has been promoting the usage of Double Battles quite a lot - most of the special rating battles they did were Double Battles. It's as if they want to sell them as the standard to much of their audience that is so used to single battles. Some sort of fusion type evolution would make more interested in that format, and even as the in-game format by default.

Not that I would mind that!

Oh, that...

Well, one thing I could see is a fusion type of mega evolution - where in battle, 2 pokemon fuse into one unified pokemon.

Now, one part about this: looking at many of the the pokemon that haven't gotten a mega evolution - let alone any evolution at all, they seem to go in pairs in some way - Plusle-Minun, Volbeat-Illumise, Alomomola-Luvdisc, Lunatone-Solrock, Etc. It's as if there's a conundrum about how on earth to give them any sort of attention at all.

The next part: Somehow, I noticed that Gamefreak has been promoting the usage of Double Battles quite a lot - most of the special rating battles they did were Double Battles. It's as if they want to sell them as the standard to much of their audience that is so used to single battles. Some sort of fusion type evolution would make more interested in that format, and even as the in-game format by default.

Not that I would mind that!

Another rip-off from Digimon series....... (Jogress Evolution)

Well technically speaking, we already had such case before (White/Black Kyurem).

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom