• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

OU Doubles Team Help

Stitsworth

I am Mand'alor
Reaction score
This is a Trick Room team I have been building and testing on PS. I've had decent success, but I think I could definitely use some help with reading threats for the team. Here is a description and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Whirlwind
Role: Basically a suicide lead/asshole. Taunt usually at the start to hopefully ruin someone's day. SR next and then Whirlwind or SE if he has the HP.

Goodra @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 HP
- Curse
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
Role: Second lead who honestly hasn't really found his niche in my book, considering swapping for something else. Nothing really likes getting hit with Outrage. Curse to help with the transition to TR when Greninja goes down, also boost to Atk. Earthquake, because why not? And Iron tale for coverage.

Reuniclus @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Reflect
- Light Screen
Role: My primary TR setter. Psychic so he can do some damage and then set screens to try to save my team a little bit more HP. He seems to fill the role well so far.

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Nature: Brave / Lowest possible Spe IVs
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
Role: Conk's kind of on the fence with me. I have noticed the Life Orb damage wears him down a lot more then I'd like him to even with Drain Punch. I have considered running Sheer Force instead of Iron Fist and changing up the move set a bit. Thoughts? Either way he hits hard as hell.

Cofagrigus @ Left Overs
Ability: Mummy
Nature: Quiet / Lowest possible Spe IVs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Pain Split
- Trick Room
Role: Second and last TR set up option. Really try to use him to wear the opponent down and get rid of any annoying abilities. Nothing really likes being burned and Pain Split comes in handy more times then not.

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Brave / Lowest possible Spe IVs
EVs: 252 HP /252 Atk / 4 Def
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Drill Run
Role: Without TR Escavalier is bait. With it, he's fast as hell and hits like a freight train. With his typing I only need to watch for Fire types and nothing appreciates a Knock off from a 205 Atk stat @ Lvl 50.

I tried to pick odd Pokémon to not make the Trick Room so evident, mainly M. Aerodactyl, Goodra and Escavalier. If ya'll got any advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Needs more Joltik :p

I feel iffy having a Mega used as a suicide lead...you might be better off giving Aerodactyl a Focus Sash and trying one of the slower Megas like Mawile or Camerupt. You have trouble against the likes of Talonflame and Volcarona so I'm leaning towards M-Camerupt with Ancient Power, though M-Mawile can also give coverage with Rock Slide. Focus on maximizing Cofagrigus's bulk to help ensure Trick Room resolving and you can replace Hex with Night Shade for consistent damage.

I'd say invest on Protect/Detect on Conkeldurr and your mega since they can be double-teamed and that free turn can help swing the momentum in your favor. Hmm that's all I got for now, hope that helps!

Thank you for the feed back!

I'll try the focus sash on Aerodactyl and swap goodra for M. Camerupt (never used one so it'll be an experience lol). I'll run some protects and see about my Cofagrigus, I might have to breed him again. Again, thank you!

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom