• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Our Place in Time and Space

P
Created at
Index progress
Dropped

In an alternate universe where Pokémon don't exist in the real world, we see six kids attending summer camp in Sandgem Town, Sinnoh as usual. But their entire lives will change after being sucked into an Ultra Wormhole. Where does this take them? What fate lies beyond the new world for them?

Warning: There will be a heavy emphasis on social issues and controversy in fanfic. Including but not limited to: transphobia, racism, classism, climate change, abusive families, etc.
Last edited:
Chapter 1: Hikari: A New World

Minnachu

Reaction score
Summary of the fanfic:
In an alternate universe where Pokémon don't exist in the real world, we see six kids attending summer camp in Sandgem Town, Sinnoh as usual. But their entire lives will change after being sucked into an Ultra Wormhole. Where does this take them? What fate lies beyond the new world for them?

Warning: There will be a heavy emphasis on social issues and controversy in fanfic. Including but not limited to: transphobia, racism, classism, climate change, abusive families, etc.

I actually initially posted this back in August 2022. So there are a few reasons why the old one was deleted and I restarted this one. Firstly, an OC named Valeri/Val in my old one was based on a close friend who is now an ex-friend. Instead, I decided to replace that character with Adrian. Adrian is inspired by the character Adrian Seidelman from the series Cybersix (Highly recommend). Secondly, I realized my last work was a bit too wordy and showed a lot more than it told. So I decided to improve my writing a bit (Albeit there's probably still a ton of room for improvement).

EDIT: I am taking a break from this fanfiction to focus on a new journey series.

Summary of chapter 1:
Hikari is about to escape her horrible situation at home to join her friends at camp, albeit with her abusive younger sister. Their entire world will change that very day.

(Chapter 1) Hikari: A New World​

July 11, 2020, Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh, Japan

The world is at a breaking point. The world temperature has risen by 1.1° Celsius since 1880. Sea levels are rising at an alarming rate causing flooding in many parts of the world. Ironically, many other areas face drought. We produce enough food to feed 10 billion people yet starvation remains a massive problem.

These thoughts plague my head every waking moment, despite this, I’m just an 11-year-old girl. What can I actually do?

Still deep in my thoughts, I hear a disturbing scream. The screaming gradually gets louder as it sounds like someone is being tortured! Wait, last I remember this is my dream! Despite this, my sweat and tears all feel so real! That is until I hear this familiar voice! It’s yelling, “WAKE UP LOSER!”

I open my eyes and witness my sister, Mizuki, blasting loud metal music right by my eardrums, as I fall off my bed hitting my back hard.

“What the hell was that!?” I question in a state of panic.

Without replying, she starts to roll on the ground laughing in tears.

“It’s so easy to mess with you, I swear!” She chuckles. “You are legit such a peasant.”

No, I can’t. At least not this early in the morning. I need to hide my red hot face and calm myself down. I don’t want an altercation this early. Calm down, Hikari, just calm down, focus on zen.

“How in the world did you get into my room?” I question. I have this urge to stomp my feet, but no I need to control myself.

“It’s way too easy, loser! All I had to do was use a bobby pin to pick open your lock. Even a baby can figure it out!”

I take a few steps back as I jitter. How long was she in my room, what else did she do? No, no, Hikari, remember zen mode? You need to obtain your zen mode. Don’t let her get to you!

“Honestly, stupidity is an understatement,” she gloats. “You’re more than just stupid, you’re a BOY!”

A single word just a single word can ruin someone’s peace. I clench my fists as I slowly walk disorientingly to her side. I give her a nasty stare, trying not to open my mouth, as I grab her by her hair. Despite her protests and screaming in pain, I refuse to let go of her. I push her outside and then slam my door shut, locking it in the process. To ensure she can’t get in again, I quickly rush to grab my two chairs and pin them by the door.

While it feels better not to be around her presence, hearing that one word “boy” over and over again in my head is immobilizing me. It’s not like this is anything new, I hear it every day. Yet every single time, it just flinches me. Why does a single word inflict me with so much pain?

I can’t keep dwelling on this. I’m trying to remember that one dream last night. Wait, what was it again? Oh yes! It was this dream where I dreamed of myself in a world where every living creature lived in perfect harmony. Everyone had a home, had enough food to eat, and the entire world ran on renewable clean energy. The inhabitants of the world are anthropomorphic animals. Not a single human being existed there. Damn, I wish I live there instead of this hellhole.

I need to stop daydreaming though, I need to get ready. I just need to get out of this house and then I can hang out with my friends. Yes, it’ll all be worth it Hikari, everything will turn out just fine. Please trust the process.

I think I’m in the mood for dark, but vibrant pink clothing today. I found just the perfect outfit in my closet! A nice black sleeveless dress with a nice pink skirt connected to it. A nice pair of knee-high black socks and pink boots would fit this perfectly. It’s time to do my hair now.

Taking care of my hair takes quite a lot of effort. I have to straighten it, apply dry shampoo and conditioner, and do lots of combing. My straight bangs especially are a nightmare to maintain. Oh how I wish my forehead wasn’t huge, so I could go without bangs! No Hikari, that’s enough complaining. Just focus on skincare. In order I use a cleanser, toner, serum, moisturizer, and finally sunscreen. Now the finishing touch, my beautiful golden hair clips. I’m finally ready to head downstairs for some breakfast.

As I walk downstairs confidently and ladylike, my mother makes eye contact with me and puts down her coffee. Mizuki gives me a death stare.

“Good morning Mizuto,” my mother greets. “It looks like you’re finally ready for breakfast. That was 30 minutes too long though. If you had just remained a boy, you’d have been ready faster you know.”

Just like that I go from walking elegantly to sluggish.

“Mother, please don’t,” I beg. “It’s still early, so please don’t hurt me. Also, stop calling me Mizuto, my name is Hikari!”

My mother starts smirking instead of replying and as I get closer to the table, Mizuki begins to speak.

“Why do you even do skincare and haircare?” She questions. “Like seriously, you’re a boy!”

“Shut up Mizuki!” I yell as I slam my hand on the table. “Just leave me alone!”

“Anger isn’t ladylike,” my mother scolds me. “See you’re clearly still a boy on the inside.”

I begin to raise my shoulders and hands a bit as I nearly clench my fists. However, no Hikari please don’t! It’s going to be counterproductive to start a fight this early in the morning. Just quickly finish breakfast and you’re going to be out of the house. I know you can do it!

Of course, the breakfast my mother made for me is making the situation worse. She made me fried eggs, congee, and bacon. She made my sister a single small boiled egg, some boiled spinach, and baby carrots.

“Mother, you know I don’t eat eggs or bacon!” I complain.

“Why can’t I eat the same food as my stupid brother?”

“Remember the two of you live under my roof. Whatever I make for you, you eat. You two have no power. Is that to be understood?”

“Yes, mother,” we reply in unison.

After a dreadful breakfast, we pick up our lunch from the fridge. My lunch consists of pork belly, broccoli, carrots, brown rice, and a marinated egg, UGH. My sister’s lunch consists of a small piece of chicken breast with broccoli and carrots. We quickly head outside soon afterwards.

The cool morning breeze of summer and the dim sunlight slowly brings a smile to my face, along with easing my body. I take note of gorgeous clear skies and the lush green trees and lawns nearby. Just one more car ride and I can see my friends.

Unfortunately for me, as soon as I step into the car, my face quickly sours, as I cover up my nose and face. Taking a look at my mother’s window, I can see even she is trying to cover up her nose.

For the first minute or so, no one said a word, as my mother opens up the window. However, I simply cannot take it anymore. I have a lot of questions for Mizuki.

“Mizuki, when was the last time you showered? Also, what’s with you wearing the same yellow floral shirt, green pants, and red sneakers the fifth day in a row?”

“Why does it matter when I last showered?” She responds while kicking my mother’s chair. “How about you just mind your own business?”

“Because I can’t stand the smell!” I complain. “How can you be so unhygienic? You’re the only girl I know who doesn’t care about her hygiene!”

Mizuki closes her eyes, slowly relaxing her facial muscles and shoulders. Finally, she smirks, slowly opens her eyes, and says, “And you’re the only boy who is a neat freak.”

Both my mother and Mizuki burst out laughing, which prompts me to grab her arm and pinch her.

“Listen, you take that back right now!” I demand.

“What did you say? Oh, I can’t hear you. Sorry me no speak gibberish.”

With Mizuki finally breaking the straw on the camel’s back, I deliver a punch to her face. She pulls my hair in retaliation, which ensues a fight. As we insult each other and fight in our seatbelts, our mother stops in the middle of nowhere, causing a temporary ceasefire between us.

“Remember what happened last week?” My mother questions. “Do you want me to punish the two of you like last week?”

I start to twitch my eyes and my body begins to shiver. As much as I want to teach Mizuki a lesson, I cannot let what happened last week occur again.

“No mother,” Mizuki and I reply in unison. “I’m sorry,” I apologize.

“I thought so,” my mother smirks. “Remember, you two are powerless against me.”

With no words left to say, I just look out the window, as my mother resumes her driving. About five minutes later, we finally arrive at our destination Professor Rowan’s lab. Both my sister and I quickly leave the car, slam the door hard, and leave without making eye contact with our mother or saying goodbye.

July 11, 2020, Sandgem Town, Sinnoh, Japan

As we walk close to the entrance, Professor Rowan greets us.

“Good morning Mizuki and Mizuto! I hope you two had a wonderful evening.”

“Good morning Professor,” I greet even tenser now than before. “May you please stop calling me Mizuto? My name is Hikari and I feel much more comfortable if people address me as Hikari.”

“I’m sorry, but since this is a summer camp, I’m required to use your legal name. Please understand.”

“I understand Professor,” I reply with severe disappointment.

Disappointment is an understatement, I haven’t had a single positive thing happen this morning. I can’t even keep my head up as I walk. Why does this happen every morning? It’s the literal definition of insanity!

As I walk in a daze, I feel the wind current suddenly change. I’m inside though, this could only mean!

“OOF! HEY WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING!” A loud voice yells as I hit the ground hard on my butt. “I’M GOING TO HAVE TO FINE YOU ¥1,000,000 FOR THAT!”

“Ow, ow!” I complain as I rub my eyes. When I open my eyes, I notice my best friend Jun sitting in front of me. He’s wearing an orange and white t-shirt, blackish-grey pants, and brown shoes. I’m used to his messy blond hair and red-orange eyes, yet there’s something so peculiar about his face today. I can’t quite explain it. I just start to shed a tear.

“Oh hey, Mimi!” He exclaims as he gets up while reaching out his hand to assist me. “You’re finally here!”

Once I get up, without a word, I hug Jun tightly bursting into tears.

“Mimi, is everything alright?” He questions with a calm voice. “It’s alright, let it out,” he says while patting me on the back.

I try to speak my mind, but unfortunately, all I do is stutter. So I continue to cry on his shoulders. As I’m still deep in crying, I hear a familiar sweet voice calling my name, Adrian!

“Mimi, Mimi!” Adrian exclaims. “I’m so glad you made it! I know things are tough at home, but you know my big bro and I will always be here for you. May I have a hug?”

I quickly step away from Jun as I look directly into Adrian’s eyes letting out a faint smile this time. In a flash of a second, I hug Adrian tightly, bursting into more tears. Adrian gives the absolute best hugs. His embrace is so gentle and soft. The sweet fruity and flowery scent of his perfume and his soft long blonde hair around my chest, all help me relax my nerves.

“It’s okay Mimi,” Adrian reassures. “Just let it all out. Here I have a tissue if you need it. ”

“Thank you,” I reply while accepting the tissue and wiping away my tears. “It’s just the usual this morning. But I think I’m good to go now. Let me put my stuff away and get ready for camp. Also, you look super pretty today Riri! I love your green dress, black stockings, and oh my those black sneakers! They fit you so well!”

Riri shrugs his shoulders and blushes, with his hands behind his back.

As I begin to walk confidently to my locker, I bump into my friend Kouki. Without a word, I hug him.

“Hey Hikari,” he says awkwardly. “Is everything alright?”

“Oh, just the usual,” I reply. “I’m feeling much better now, thanks to everyone here. Say, may I ask where Hoshi is?”

Without answering, Kouki looks down at his red and grey shoes, blocking his entire face with his red beret.

“Is everything alright Kouki?” I question about to panic.

“Yeah I’m fine,” he replies with his head up now. “She got a nasty cold on the weekend. That’s why she isn’t here. Come on, we gotta go soon. You should bring your bag with you, today we’re going to be collecting flowers.”

I’ve honestly never seen Kouki this impatient this is making me worry more about Hoshi. Still, I think I need to give him his space. I quickly put my lunch away as my friends and I go outside to meet up with the Professor and other kids.

“Good morning children!” Professor Rowan greets. “For our activity this morning, we will gather flowers. There will be a special prize for those who can gather as many flowers as possible. There will also be a bonus prize for anyone who brings a special rare flower.”

Prizes don’t matter to me, still taking a look around me, everyone is determined and excited. Mizuki’s facial features look especially sharp, that smirk alarms me. You can just tell she wouldn’t accept losing.

“That sounds so fun!” Riri cheers. “I’m going to get as many pretty flowers as possible!”

Thank goodness Mizuki has no interest in tagging along. It’s just the four of us together.

To my annoyance, the nearby flowers quickly disappear thanks to the horde of other kids and Mizuki…

“Looks like we’re not going to get any flowers,” Kouki moans.

“Hey, no need to worry Kouki!” I assure. “I’m sure there’s going to be more flowers in the forest nearby!”

Usually, Jun tries to remark about how my mother worries the most when I say that. This time, all I need to do is give him a sharp stare to make sure he doesn’t do so.

What’s worrying me though is Kouki. He’s sweating profusely.

“Kouki, please tell me you’re alright!” I beg. “If you don’t want to go to the forest, we don’t have to.”

Kouki begins taking a few deep breaths, before replying.

“No it’s fine,” he says still with reluctance in his voice. “we can go. Just have a lot on my mind. I prefer not to talk about it though. I’m ready to head off whenever everyone else is.”

The three of us smile at Kouki as we all give him a pat on the back, before heading off. Still, I couldn’t quite put my mind on why Kouki is feeling this way. Riri is also acting a lot more jittery and running less coordinately. Jun seems to be the only one who isn’t acting weird.

When we enter the forest, I feel an ominous wind blow in our direction.

“Is anyone else feeling this?” I question with all sorts of thoughts rushing through my mind.

Both Kouki and Jun shake their heads, but Riri nods and comes to comfort me.

“Mimi, I can feel something as well. We should all stay close to each other.”

The more we walk, the more it feels like someone or something is watching us. To make matters worse, Kouki’s breathing and panicking seem to be getting worse every second.

“Everyone, we should really get out of here!” I advocate. “This place doesn’t even feel natural!”

As we all stand still for a minute, with us trying to gradually calm our nerves, we all notice a bright shining flower in the distance! Jun and Adrian both remain silent and barely move an inch. Still, their faces both look a bit tense. Kouki seems to be in a trance though, but unlike the other two, he starts to slowly walk towards the flower. We quickly rush to follow him and as we get closer to the flower, I stop abruptly with my mouth wide open in awe of the beauty and uniqueness of the flower.

How can I explain it? It looks very ordinary, yet majestic at the same time. It has a bright orange-pinkish outer petal with a white-beige inner colour, a lush pink ovary, and bright yellow antennas.

“This flower is so pretty!” Riri exclaims all joyfully. “I’ve never seen one like it! We should pick this up and bring it back!”

“I agree!” I reply as I get close to picking up the flower.

Unbeknownst to us, as soon as I try to pick up the flower, a hand swats my hand away with heavy force. As I yell in pain, I look to my right and find the mean girls of camp, Eleanor and her lackeys. Ironic how she’s wearing a dress with daisy patterns all over it.

“My my if it isn’t you hicks!” She gloats. “This flower will be mine thank you very much! All the pretty flowers belong to moi!”

“Hey, that’s not fair though!” Adrian complains. “You should share!”

Eleanor stops momentarily and looks at Adrian with her face trying to contain her laughter before she bursts out laughing.

“If it isn’t the wannabe girl, Riri!” She laughs trying to catch her breath. “Listen here, pretty boy! All these pretty flowers belong to me because my daddy is rich and powerful! Until you have a daddy as rich and powerful as mines, you don’t have a say, got it?”

I rush to Riri’s side to comfort Riri as Riri slowly builds up tears and slowly covers his face. Jun meanwhile slowly walks to Eleanor with an aggressive face and his fists clenched up, while Kouki is just there standing expressionless. Before Jun could get to Eleanor, I see Mizuki in the distance rushing towards all of us. In a blink of an eye, she sucker-punches Eleanor from behind, knocking her face to the ground! This causes Eleanor’s dress and black flats to get infested with dirt.

“Hey, Smellanor!” Mizuki insults as she towers over her. “Firstly, only I can bully my stupid brother! Secondly, don’t you dare bully Riri again you hear that?!”

Eleanor quickly gets up, looks at her dress, and screams.

“You ruined my dress, you dumb hick!” She complains as she tries to fight back, only for Mizuki to push her to the ground and laugh at her again.

As the two continue to fight, I quickly go grab the rare flower, while Kouki and Jun both comfort Riri. As soon as I pick up the flower and put it in my bag, the ominous wind returns. All I can do is stand there with my mouth wide open and staring directly at a tree. I can still see and hear my surroundings, yet it feels like I’m paralyzed!

What is it that I’m seeing in the distance? It looks like some sort of wormhole is forming! How is this possible? Aren’t wormholes only theoretical and not something that’s actually proven? No Hikari, please calm down! You must just be seeing things. Just close your eyes, oh what’s the point!? It feels way too real, I can even hear everyone scream. As soon as I open my eyes, I feel the wormhole rip me off from the ground. My cry for help also brings me nothing, as Eleanor’s lackeys just run off astray.

July 11, 2020, ????, ????

All I can see on the inside of the wormhole are loops of light. I cannot hear a thing. Surprisingly, I don’t feel any pain inside the wormhole. In less than a millisecond, I witness an open field of grass on the other side! As I look around my surroundings, the looping lights gradually fade away, until all I see is the open field. I hit hard onto the field of grass, causing me to faint.

“Mimi, Mimi, are you alright?” A faint voice questions. “It’s me Riri! Please tell me you’re alright!”

Never in my life has it been this difficult to open my eyes, yet thanks to an intense struggle, I’m finally able to open them. I witness Riri right in front of me with furrowed eyebrows and a big frown, which instantly turns into a huge smile.

“Mimi you’re awake!” Riri cheers as he hugs me tightly. “I was so worried!”

The forest where I picked that beautiful flower is tainted by perpetual darkness. Yet, this open grass field is lush with harsh sunlight. Where exactly are we? I see both Mizuki and Kouki unconscious next to each other nearby! Wait, where is Jun? Did he or anyone else even come here?

“Riri, are you alright?”

“Yes, I’m fine! Are you sure you’re alright Mimi?”

While I nod, I can’t quite keep myself from shaking and looking around our surroundings.

“Mimi, from what I last remember my big bro, Kouki, Kiki, and Ella all got sucked into the wormhole with us. But I can only see Kouki and Kiki. I’m worried about the other two!”

As soon as Riri begins to panic yet again, I hear a grumble. I feel the ground move.

“Hey everyone,” the voice grumbles. “I’m down here….”

Wait that’s Jun’s voice, oh no, oh no!

Both Riri and I look down and we both quickly jump off Jun.

“I’m so sorry big bro! I didn’t realize you were down there the entire time!”

“Hey don’t sweat it,” Jun confidently assures as he hugs Riri. “Are you okay?”

Riri nods, albeit in a shaky manner as he twists his head around to take a look at Mizuki and Kouki.

“Big bro, so Mimi, you, Kouki, Kiki, Ella, and I were all sucked up by the wormhole. I don’t recall anyone else though. I’m just worried since I can’t seem to find Ella.”

Jun himself walks around with his eyes sharp and his index finger and thumb on his chin. In the meantime, Riri and I both decide to attend by Kouki and Mizuki’s side. As we get close, both of them begin to squint their eyes and moan.

“Kouki, Kiki, you’re both safe!” Riri exclaims as he hugs both tightly.

Whe-Where are we?” Kouki asks barely able to open his eyes, still lying on the grass.

“Ugh, was I just dreaming?” Mizuki questions. “Like no way a wormhole would have just appeared right?”

Before I can try to distress the situation, I notice Kouki’s right arm bleeding. I quickly grab the first aid kit from my bag and disinfect his wound, before applying gauze.

“Are you okay my dear Kouki?” I inquire. “Please don’t stress yourself too much,” I recommend as I hug him tight.

While Kouki lets out a faint smile and Riri is in joy, Mizuki gives me the stink eye and sours away. Sheesh, what’s her problem?

“I think we should try to find Jun and Eleanor now,” I suggest.

As usual, Kouki and Riri both nod, but Mizuki turns away and refuses.

“Ew don’t tell me Smellanor is here as well! Oh, this is just great!”

While we argue with her about what to do, I turn my head around and witness a young dwarf childlike creature. They look humanoid, yet also alien at the same time. They have their mouths wide open as they’re standing still, staring at us. Well, actually stare isn’t the right word. Their huge bowl-cut green hair is covering their eyes, if they even have any.

“Everyone, NO MORE ARGUING!” I demand as point my finger at the mysterious being. “Look, this more or less confirms we’re no longer in Sandgem Town, nor our world for that matter!”

As they delve their eyes on the creature, the creature turns around and runs away, hiding behind a tree.

“We should follow them!” Riri commands. “I’m worried they might face danger!”

“Riri, don’t be so rash about this!” I demand. “What if we lead ourselves into more danger?”

“Mimi, I know you’re worried,” Riri replies. “Staying here won’t make us safer though. Besides, I can’t quite explain it, but I just feel like if we don’t help that frightened creature, they’ll be in danger.”

I’m still hesitant to chase after the creature, and Kouki and Mizuki seem to agree with me through their body language. Still, Riri does make a good point.

“Let’s go then,” I say. “Who knows maybe we can find Jun and Eleanor there.”

Riri jumps up and down in excitement and after he calms down, we head off in the direction of where the creature went. We find them hiding behind a tree.

“Everyone, just stay put,” I instruct. “I’m going to try to see if I can convince them to join us.”

As everyone else slowly backs off, I begin to gently walk toward the creature and slowly put my hand out.

“It’s okay dear,” I calmly and slowly assure them, “I’m not going to hurt you. I just want to make sure you’re safe. It could be dangerous around here, would you like to tag along with us?”

They wobble for a bit with their mouths wide open yet again, before ducking down and tucking their heads in their arms.

“Oh, this is so goddamn pointless!” Mizuki screams as she stomps her stinky feet and punches the tree in front of us.

Of course thanks to her stupidity, the creature is now crying. As I pace around awry trying to figure out a plan to calm the creature down, Riri quickly approaches the creature. Riri proceeds to gently carry them like a baby and rocks them back and forth.

“There there sweetie,” Riri assures them. “There’s no need to cry. We’re really sorry, that we startled you. But trust me, we’re your friends. We’re not here to hurt you. There, there just relax.”

Slowly, the creature lets out a faint smile before falling asleep. All of us let out a sigh of relief, as Riri continues to comfort the creature.

“I think they’ve calmed down a lot now,” Riri remarks. “Look at how cute they are sleeping! Should we rest for a bit? Once everyone is ready, we should go find Juni and Ella.”

I nod as I lie down near the tree with my eyes shut. I still cannot comprehend everything that just happened. How in the world did we get teleported to a parallel universe? Is this even a parallel universe? Oh no! What if we never get back to our world? No, there’s no need to worry Hikari, I’m sure there’s a reason for this. I’m sure we’re all going to be alright!

As I slowly daze away in my thoughts, I begin to hear a weird faint buzz. It’s getting louder though!

“Hey Mimi, I think we should get out of here,” Riri stutters. “I don’t like the sound of that.”

“Right,” I reply as I try to get up all wobbly.

As Riri helps me up, the buzzing gets even louder. Among the buzzing, I hear footsteps identical to the way Jun runs! Once I fix my posture, I see Jun running like the wind while carrying an unconscious Eleanor on his back.

“Everyone, we-we-we need to get out now!” He demands as he tries to catch his breath. “Yo-you-you won’t believe me! But huge killer bees are chasing us down!”

I stand there frozen unable to blink, move my arms, or process my thoughts. I can hear them trying to get my attention and Jun’s even trying to grab my right arm. Still, I’m stuck in a petrifying trance. Is this really going to be the end of us? Oh, my stupid mother is right. I’m never going to amount to anything in my life.

“HEY MIMI PLEASE SNAP OUT OF THIS!” Riri begs as Riri starts to kneel and cry. “Those killer bees could be here any minute and I don’t want to lose you!”

Riri’s right. I can’t be so selfish and just give up hope now. When there’s a will, there’s a way.

“I’m so sorry everyone,” I say with the deepest regret. “We need to come up with a plan. I see Mizuki has already run off, well that’s just great. Okay, Kouki, can you please help Jun carry Eleanor? I will make sure to keep Riri and this mysterious creature safe.”

Kouki nods as he and Jun both carry Eleanor away. Just as they begin to run away, multiple drills fly towards us, with all of us only narrowly dodging them. The killer bees fly right into view. They look like alien wasps the size of a toddler! They each have two sharp drills for hands.

“Come on, Riri, let’s both carry this poor child together!”

“Right!”

No matter how fast we try to run, the bees relentlessly firing drills are getting ever so close to hitting us.

“Look out Riri!” I yearn as I push them aside from a swarm of drills launched at us. “I’m so sorry, but we need to run faster!”

“I can’t run fast enough! I’m so sorry.”

“Riri, just pass the young creature to me! I’ll be sure to take care of them!”

“No, I’m staying with you, mommy!” The mysterious creature pleads, shocking all of us.

Mom-mommy?” Riri questions while trying to pick up the pace. “Wait you can understand us?”

“I lost my real mommy,” they cry. “You’re my new mommy now!”

Distracted by the mysterious creature calling Riri their mommy Riri and I both stumble at a dead end of a cliff and fall straight down.

“AHHHH NOOO I’m so sorry Mimi!” Riri cries. “I’m sorry I wasn’t able to protect you or this poor creature.”

“Riri, please don’t give up hope!” I urge trying to sound confident. “There’s a body of water below us and it may help keep us alive, just hold on tight to them please!”

Last edited:
Review/Observations/Commentary of Chapter 1:

I find this to be an interesting story.

The Professor Rowan in “the real world” is an absolute jerk in my opinion. He is not willing to call Hikari by the name she wants because it’s not her legal name? That makes him look absolutely stupid. So many professional people don’t call people by their legal name. (This is a criticism of this Professor Rowan as if he were a real person, not a criticism of seeing if he’s a realistic character)

I found it interesting how you were able to make the use of “disappointment” work in the sentence it was in. Usually, you’d want to use an ultra complex word but in that scene, disappointment was perfect because it was further elaborated on and the sentence it leads into causes tension for Hikari.

I personally enjoyed this much more than other real world to Pokémon world fanfics so far. I really like the concept of the towns and regions of Pokémon without Pokémon. It’s also really interesting to see Pokémon characters be from the “real world” instead of from the Pokémon world.

This is an overall good story. Though, the ending could’ve ended a bit smoothly with more tension. Overall this can be a fairly interesting story as long as it stays away from cliches. I hope to see where it goes when they meet the characters such as the Pokémon Professor Rowan.

Review/Observations/Commentary of Chapter 1:

I find this to be an interesting story.

The Professor Rowan in “the real world” is an absolute jerk in my opinion. He is not willing to call Hikari by the name she wants because it’s not her legal name? That makes him look absolutely stupid. So many professional people don’t call people by their legal name. (This is a criticism of this Professor Rowan as if he were a real person, not a criticism of seeing if he’s a realistic character)

I found it interesting how you were able to make the use of “disappointment” work in the sentence it was in. Usually, you’d want to use an ultra complex word but in that scene, disappointment was perfect because it was further elaborated on and the sentence it leads into causes tension for Hikari.

I personally enjoyed this much more than other real world to Pokémon world fanfics so far. I really like the concept of the towns and regions of Pokémon without Pokémon. It’s also really interesting to see Pokémon characters be from the “real world” instead of from the Pokémon world.

This is an overall good story. Though, the ending could’ve ended a bit smoothly with more tension. Overall this can be a fairly interesting story as long as it stays away from cliches. I hope to see where it goes when they meet the characters such as the Pokémon Professor Rowan.
Hey thank you! I'll note your feedback. Since cliches are subjective, may I ask what you consider cliches?

That’s a very good question about cliches It made me think more about what may be a cliche. The best way I’d say to avoid cliches is to come up with totally new ideas.

One Sinnoh cliche I can think of is Cynthia is a cool character and definitely should be in a Sinnoh story but everybody has done that. There are many other characters that can be used too along with many other Pokémon.

Unless you’re not really thinking, cliches shouldn’t be a problem because you always want to come up with creative ideas. (Otherwise, there isn’t much of a reason to tell the story)

Chapter 2: Adrian: The Inhabitants of This World Are Pokémon

Summary of chapter 2:​

Adrian (Riri) and Hikari (Mimi) have both fallen off a cliff while trying to escape a group of Beedrills. At this moment they witness a power foreign to their own world from Ralts. While Ralts saves them, he uses too much power in the process to be able to save them in the near future. What becomes of our two protagonists separated from the rest? How do Riri and Mimi bond with one another while together?

(Chapter 2) Adrian: The Inhabitants of This World are Pokémon​

July 11, 2020, ???, ???

As Mimi, the young creature, and I fall off the cliff imminent to our possible deaths, the only thing that rushes into my mind is how life would have been if my parents never divorced. My parents divorced solely because of me and the thought of guilt can’t stay out of my head. I told them how when I’m a parent, I’d be the best parent ever — yet I can’t even protect this poor creature.

“AHHHH NOOO I’m so sorry, Mimi!” I cry. “I’m sorry I wasn’t able to protect you or this poor creature.”

“Riri, please don’t give up hope!” She urges. “There’s a body of water below us and it may help keep us alive, just hold on tight to them please!”

“Mimi, at this velocity, the water wouldn’t save us! It’ll crush us on impact!”

“I’m sorry, Riri! My brain can’t remember common science at this dire time!”

As I look down at the river, only mere moments from impact — I see a mysterious light glow around me. I witness the young creature glow! In an instant, the light becomes too unbearable to look at, which causes me to faint.

April 16, 2016, Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh, Japan

“JUNI, MOMMY, I DON’T WANT TO GO!” I cried.

“Mommy, please do something!” Jun cried as he held my hands tight. “Why can’t we just be together as a family?”

My mother tilted her head down and unable to contain her tears breaks down.

“Riri, I promise you I will make sure we become a family once more!” She assured. “I swear this on my life! I love you, my baby!”

After hearing that promise, I slowly ceased my struggle against my father’s tight grasp. This prompted him to push Jun aside with heavy force. My dad quickly opened the back door of the car and shoved me in.

“Juni, mommy, please remember that promise!” I begged.

I squeezed my face into the window, still bawling my eyes out as I waved them goodbye. Both Jun and my mother gave me a fist sign with their pinkies sticking out. My mother quickly turned away though, while Jun stood there yelling with a red hot face.

Swiftly, I lose sight of their faces and all I can see are the suburban houses, most of which are grey and white in colour and the well-paved roads. I can’t believe I’m actually going to miss this boring place.

I’m going to be a complete stranger living in a faraway place, but I have to be strong. I have put my utmost faith in my mother to reunite us.

July 11, 2020, ???, ???

“Ugh, was that just a dream?” I question out loud blinking rapidly.

No, it wasn’t a dream, it was a recollection of that exact day. I haven’t had any of those recollections ever since summer began, yet it just happened. What are my feelings trying to tell me?

I shouldn’t dwell too much on it. I need to make sure Mimi and that poor creature are safe. I scout this bright yet grim forest with trees that look similar to the spruce trees back home. These look a little less symmetrical though. Quickly, I’m able to witness both of them still unconscious on a field of grass nearby.

As I slowly walk up to them, the young creature yawns and slowly gets up. I pause for a minute, showing no expressions, waiting for them to settle. They turn around shaking their heads and then look directly at me. I kneel on one knee on the grass as I extend my hand and smile.

“Did you rest well sleepyhead?” I ask while giggling. “Are you okay? You’re not hurt are you?”

“No I’m not, mommy,” they reply as they come up and hug my right leg tight.

“I’m honestly flattered you see me as a mother figure,” I blush. “But, you don’t need to call me that. You can just call me Riri. Also, what’s your name?”

They blink their eyes at me a few times with their mouth wide open in awkward silence. A moment later though, they finally answer.

“My name is Ralts. I’m sorry, I lost my mommy. You remind me so much of her. Can I at least call you my big sister?”

As I blush awkwardly this time, my eyes slowly lose focus on them, with my eyelids all droopy and my lips pulled inwards.

“You poor poor thing,” I lament as I go to give them another big hug. “Of course, you can call me your big sister. Listen big sis will always protect you alright?”

They quickly give me a wide smile as they tell me, “I promise to be the best little brother you can ask for! I love you, big sis!”

I relax my muscles and lie down on the grass with Ralts still in my grasp. I throw him in the air and catch him a few times. We both laugh as I doze off. No, I can’t slack off. I need to make sure Mimi is alright.

“Ralts, we need to make sure my friend Mimi is safe,” I urge as we get up and start rushing to her side. “Say, may I ask what you did when we were about to fall to our deaths? You were glowing and we just teleported here!”

Ralts remains silent and expressionless in my arms. I’ll give him some time, my priority is Mimi right now. When I arrive by her side, I put Ralts on the grass, and then slightly nudge Mimi’s arm.

“Mimi, it’s me Riri. I’m sorry to disturb you. But I’m worried and I must know if you’re alright. The young creature we rescued, his name is Ralts. He saved us!”

Despite my nudging, Mimi remains on the ground — still unconscious and expressionless. I feel her pulse and although she’s still alive, I can’t stop myself from fidgeting around.

As I kneel on the grass begging her to wake up while biting my lips hard, Ralts goes up to her. He starts analyzing her state before touching her cheeks with his tiny hands. Slowly, I see blue energy, almost like water droplets surrounding Mimi. Shortly after, Ralts stops and the energy disappears, Mimi begins to squint her face and roll around. Slowly, she opens her eyes as I rush to her side, looking directly into her eyes.

“Ugh, am I alive?” She moans while licking her lips and blinking furiously.

“AHHH MIMI YOU’RE ALRIGHT!” I exclaim, giving her a huge hug.

“Woah, I’m flattered,” she remarks while pushing me back. “Last I remember, we were about to die, but then a glowing light engulfed me.”

I face Ralts and he gives me a confident nod and smiles.

“Mimi, I’ll explain everything to you,” Ralts says. “Firstly, my name is Ralts. It’s nice to meet you. What I did there was heal you. My mother taught me how to heal others. I can’t quite explain how I managed to save both of you. But my mother always told me I had special powers and the ability to teleport. Maybe it was because of that life-and-death situation that I could teleport. Unfortunately, I’ve used a lot of my energy trying to teleport us, I don’t think I can just do it instantly now. I’m so sorry.”

“Aw, it’s okay Ralts!” I compliment. “You already did a great job!”

Mimi stares silently at Ralts with her mouth wide open and widening eyes. She then starts to whine and shakes her head furiously before looking down at her shoes.

“What’s wrong, Mimi?” I question.

Mimi slowly gets up and starts to pace around, before calming down.

“I’m sorry Riri,” she expresses. “I’m just still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we’re in this new world.”

As she sits down and turns away from us, Ralts and I go up to her to comfort her with hugs and pats.

“Mimi, I know it’s a lot to take in,” I console, “but take your time to relax. I think we’re safe for now,” I say as I sit down to relax with Ralts.

“We should be safe for now,” Ralts remarks. “Still, there could be dangerous wild Pokémon lurking. Unlikely though, those bees should be far away from here.”

“Pokémon?” I question. “Is that the species name for the creatures that live here?”

He nods soundly. Before he can reply, Mimi finally gets up confidently, smiles at me and gives me a thumbs up.

“I’ve basically accepted that I’m here now,” she says. “I need to make the best of it. Just as there are dangerous Pokémon like those killer bees, I know for sure there are tons of great Pokémon as well like Ralts over here.”

While hearing Mimi come to terms brings me joy — I still can’t help but wonder if she’s just saying that just to make sure we don’t panic. I mean she’s still withdrawing herself from us, with her head down, and last I notice biting her lips.

“When you two are ready, we should leave and try to find the others!” She proposes. “Although, which way do we go?”

“That’s a great question, ugh I’m sorry I hadn’t thought of that!” I apologize nervously. “Hmmm, I’m sorry I’m not so sure.”

“It’s alright Riri, let me try to figure out the best way.”

She sits there with her legs tucked looking around her surroundings, with her index finger and thumb on her chin. She keeps touching the grass and any leaves that lay on the ground. Finally, she jumps up with her mouth wide open and smiles.

“This is purely based on intuition, but we have nothing to lose!” She exclaims. “So you see how the wind blew the leaves from the east? I noticed that the leaves blew from the east when we first arrived as well. That means heading west would be the safest.”

“Aw shucks, that’s an excellent idea!” I cheer. “You’re really smart you know that Mimi?”

“Thank you, Riri,” she blushes. “But honestly it’s just my gut feeling. I just feel we have nothing to lose. Come on, let’s get going!”

I carry Ralts on my back, as we begin to leave westwards.

The sun is shining down at us strongly, but it doesn’t feel too warm. The winds blow at us swiftly, yet also very gently. The grass is especially lush with vibrant shades of different green colours. I notice lots of different plants on the ground. Most look similar to the plants back home, your typical shrubs and flowers. I will say that the flowers here look more colourful and have more of a rainbow emphasis.

“Say, big sis, did I tell you how pretty you are?” Ralts compliments. “I think your dark green dress fits you perfectly and so do your black stockings. Your long blonde hair especially looks gorgeous.”

My face flushes and I gently giggle as I look back at him. I see him just fooling around and relaxing, aw so cute.

As we continue to walk, I get a little bored, so I decide to take out my phone to see if it still works here. To my surprise, my phone is at 100% battery — despite it being around 58% or so early this morning.

“Wow, this is amazing Mimi!” I cheer. “My phone fully charged itself. I don’t even have a charger with me!”

“Oh really?” She asks. “Let me check mine,” she says as she grabs her phone out of her bag. “Oh my, it’s the exact same thing!” She exclaims. “100% battery!”

As Mimi stares at her phone, she slowly lets out a smile. Her cheeks flush and her eyes sparkle.

“I may be optimistic,” she remarks. “Still, I have this gut feeling that this world runs on renewable energy. How else can our phones instantly charge to 100%?”

Mimi does make a good point. She’s always been huge on renewable energy, so I’m happy to see her happy and optimistic.

“If this place is truly run by renewable energy, wouldn’t that mean our phone never dies?” I question.

“Hmm, maybe, I’m not 100% certain,” Mimi replies.

As I giggle from the excitement of having a phone that may never die, an idea pops into my head.

“Hey if our phone is at 100%, maybe we can contact the others?” I question. “Let me see if I can text them.”

I text both my big bro and Kouki, asking them about their whereabouts. In less than a second, it says sent.

“Mimi, Mimi!” I exclaim. “It went through! This means it works! Let’s hope they reply asap! Say, are you in the mood for some music? Sorry, am I speaking too fast?”

“No silly,” she giggles. “Go right ahead, please play your tunes. I’m glad that we can send text messages.”

I smile and give her a K-pop heart sign as I browse my Spotify playlist.

“Would you be in the mood for some K-pop Mimi? Oh actually, before I decide I should ask what Ralts wants to listen to.”

I turn to face Ralts and I see him staring at me blankly.

“I’m sorry, but what exactly is a phone?” He asks. “What is K-pop?”

“I’m glad you ask,” I giggle. “So this here is a phone. It’s a tech device that we use to communicate with people either through text or call. We also use it to perform tasks or watch silly videos, and listen to music. So K-pop is my fav music genre. I especially love this group called Enhypen. Would you like me to play their songs?”

Ralts continues to stare at me blankly with his mouth wide open and his hand on his chin. Eventually, he blinks a few times and nods.

“Alright, so the first song on this playlist is called ‘10 Months’,” I mention. “I’ll let you be the judge of it. ”

As Mimi and I continue to walk to the tune, I feel Ralts moving around on my back. I turn around and see him dancing to the song. I giggle and dance with him as well.

“You two are so cute!” Mimi remarks. “Honestly, it makes me so happy to be with you two and away from Mizuki and my stupid mother. Maybe just maybe being brought here is a blessing in disguise. Like I’m sorry Riri, but those few months before the restrictions ended were torture.

I quickly stop dancing with Ralts as I stand there still, frowning, and with my muscles tight.

“Mimi, please don’t say that,” I plead while holding both of my hands up high. “I know they haven’t been nice to you, but I promise they both love you.”

Mimi turns away and refuses to reply.

“Mimi, maybe we both should take a small break, I’m sure you’re probably tired.”

Mimi still refuses to look at me or speak. As I begin to panic, Ralts calls for both of our attention.

“Hey big sis and Mimi, look over there!” He exclaims pointing at an egg next to a tree a few meters away from us. “Oh wow, what is that egg doing out there all by itself?”

Mimi, now finally paying attention walks over to the egg to examine it. It’s a white egg with red and blue triangles on it. As I get close to it, Mimi looks at me and puts her hands up to signal me to stop.

“I don’t think all of us should get so close,” Mimi explains. “What if the mother of this egg gets alarmed?”

Mimi does make a good point, so I nod and stand still with Ralts.

“Still though, why would this random egg be here all by itself?” She questions.

As Mimi kneels in a trance, I hear Ralts stomach growl. My stomach begins to growl back.

“Aw that’s so adorable,” I giggle. “We’re both hungry. Hey Mimi, sorry to bother, but I think it’s best we take a break right now and try to find some food. Ralts and I are both hungry.”

She stands up and walks towards us as she smiles and gives me a thumbs-up.

“Sure thing,” she says. “The egg left out in the open just made me overthink, my apologies. I’m also hungry truth be told! Where can we find food?”

“Hmmm, Ralts do you know where we can find food?” I ask.

Ralts gets off my back and starts to look around, analyzing every small detail of the area. The area as a whole doesn’t look so different than where we were before until I realize a tree that contains what looks like fruits! Ralts quickly catches attention of it.

“Look up there!” Ralts exclaims pointing at the tree. “Look at those berries! We can eat those! I’m sure you’ll love them, big sister!”

“Awesome job Ralts!” I compliment. “Do you know how we can get those berries from down here?”

“Oh, I’m afraid I don’t, sorry big sis”.

“No no that’s alright silly!” I giggle. “I can always climb the tree and bring them down!”

Before I begin my climb, I see Mimi move her head up and down staring at the fruits on the tree and also on the ground.

“Are you sure you can make it up there?” She questions with a faint voice.

“Yes of course! Just please be sure to take care of Ralts alright?”

She nods, as she gives Ralts a hug, which shocks him in the process.

I give her a smile and another K-pop heart sign, as I begin to climb. The tree feels more rugged and with sharper barks than the trees back home. Not a major issue though, as I manage to reach the top very shortly.

“Hey Mimi and Ralts,” I yell, “there’s a lot of berries here! I can put a few in my bag. Should I throw the rest down, one at a time?”

“Absolutely, I’ll catch them with my bag!”

“Sounds good, here goes!” I declare as I begin to throw all the berries down one at a time. “That’s all that I can gather from here! I’m going to come down now Mimi!”

As I land on the ground — I see Mimi looking through my phone. I take a small step back and shake my arms for a bit, before settling down.

“Mimi, can I have my phone back please?” I ask in a very cheery manner.

“Yeah, of course…” She replies in a very monotone voice with a blank expression.

“Mimi, are you okay?” I question.

“Yeah, I am…..” She replies in an even more monotone voice, as she looks down at the ground this time.

I sit there with my hand on my chin all jittery. My hands feel a lot sweatier than usual as well. I really think I should just eat something and not focus on this.

“Well let’s eat!” I suggest. “Ralts, can you help me determine these berries?”

“Yes, big sis! So the yellow berries are known as Sitrus Berries! The blue ones Oran Berries! It has a mixture of sweetness and sourness. It’s very healthy for you! Oran Berries are a bit more sour and bitter compared to Sitrus Berries, but still very sweet when ripen! Not as nutritious, but still good for you!”

I blink a few times as I smile and pat him on his head.

“Thanks for explaining Ralts!” I compliment. “How about we each have two of each berry and save the remaining for later?”

Ralts nods while chewing a Sitrus Berry.

“Yeah sure….” Mimi replies still with her head down and with a voice that sounds like she’s trying to hold back tears.

“Mimi, please tell me if everything is alright or not!” I urge.

“No, stop talking to me… Leave me alone Riri!”

I gaze down as I look at my food, slowly taking small bites of it. I must find out why she’s so upset though. Checking my phone, it looks like she was last browsing through my photos from yesterday’s date that I had with Kouki!

Honestly, I don’t even know what to think. I sit still biting my nails, having no appetite. I’m not ready right now, but I want to find a resolution in the future. The last thing I want is to lose a close sisterhood bond due to something so petty. I should just focus on eating for now, even with my lack of appetite.

Just as I’m about to finish my berries — I see the egg beside us begin to move and shake.

“Big sis!” Ralts exclaims. “The egg is about to hatch! What if it is a Ralts baby? I’m going to be a big brother then!”

We take a small step back and keep our distance. A few shakes later, the egg hatches. The Pokémon is a different Pokémon. It looks like most of their body is still covered by the eggshell. I’m not sure if it’s because they haven’t fully hatched or if it’s part of their anatomy.

“Ralts do you happen to know what kind of Pokémon this is?” I ask.

“Yes, big sis! It’s a Togepi! They’re a very shy and weak Pokémon species, but they’re super friendly and bring good fortune to others!”

“What a relief to come across another Pokémon that isn’t one of those killer bees!” I sigh. “Say, Ralts what do you call those bees?”

“Their name is Beedrill. Yes, they are indeed a very aggressive and territorial species.”

The Togepi begins to curiously look at us as they walk near us. They stare at Mimi directly in the eyes with their eyebrows all furrowed up. They quickly jump into Mimi’s arms and begin to cry.

“Oh no, what do we do?” Mimi panics as she gets up and tries to rock Togepi like a baby. However, it doesn’t calm Togepi down.

“Wait Ralts, can baby Pokémon eat berries?” She asks still trying to, but with no success in calming Togepi down.

“Yes, that’s our staple diet!” Ralts remarks.

While I try to feed Togepi, they refuse and knock the berry away.

“What are we to do?” I panic.

“Wait, Riri, I think I got an idea! I just need to make sure I still have my fruit blender in my bag. So my bag is very messy and I probably still have a lot of things there that I shouldn’t have. But if we have a fruit blender, we can blend it up and feed it to Togepi! You seem to be much better at calming young Pokémon down. So here, please take care of Togepi.”

Mimi gently passes me Togepi and goes to look in her bag.

“Oh my god, I can’t believe I haven’t cleaned this bag in forever!” She complains. “Wait a minute, I think I see it, it’s that mini blender! Alright, let’s put this Oran Berry in the blender and just turn it on.”

About a minute later, Mimi empties the blended Oran Berry into the lid and takes it close to Togepi.

“Hey sweetie,” she gently says, “I have some food here. Are you hungry?”

Slowly, Togepi stops crying and sniffs the food in front of them. They use their tiny little hands to eat the mushed-up fruit as their eyes sparkle and their cheeks blush.

“Yay I’m so glad we did it!” I cheer as I try to hug Mimi, however, she pushes me away.

“Thank you, Riri for helping me, but I mean it when I say I don’t want to talk to anyone right now. Please leave me alone. I’m going to look after Togepi, thank you.”

I nod in respect but also in disappointment, as I attend to Ralts side.

“Is everything alright big sis?” Ralts asks while rubbing my back.

“Yeah, I’m good Ralts, thanks for your concern. I think we should rest just a little longer and let Togepi rest.”

“Both seem to really like each other at first sight. Mimi definitely seems like a mother figure, but not as much as you!”

“Aw shucks!” I blush. “I personally don’t think I’m better or worse than her.”

Without another word, Ralts lies down on my lap and lets out a yawn. I giggle as I give him a few pats.

“Hey everyone,” Mimi whispers while carrying a sleeping Togepi. “Togepi is fast asleep, which is good. Still, I just wonder why their egg was randomly beside a tree. What if their mother is worried and looking for them? I don’t want to leave them here all alone in case of danger. However, I also don’t want to take them away. What if their mother is looking for them? I’m conflicted.”

I sit there with my index finger and thumb on my chin looking at Togepi and my surroundings. This is much harder than I thought. Hmm…. Suddenly a thought in my head causes my jaw to drop and my eyes to roll back.

“Mimi, I’m sorry, but what if something happened to the mother?”

Her face momentarily tenses up a bit, before she takes a deep breath and relaxes.

“I don’t think you can be too sure. However, seeing as how they cuddled in my arms as they were crying before, I think I have a solution here. I’m going to put them down on the grass, we’ll all walk away from here but only a tiny distance away and see if they wake up and come running to us.”

“Ooo I like the way you think Mimi!” I applaud. “Alright, Ralt let’s follow through with Mimi’s plan!”

We slowly walk away from the area still keeping an eye on Togepi. Just as Mimi suspected, Togepi did in fact wake up when we got further away from it, looking around their surroundings before crying and running around.

“Hey my poor baby, don’t cry I’m here!” Mimi shouts waving at Togepi.

As soon as Togepi sees Mimi, they run straight toward Mimi jumping into her arms again. Mimi starts to soothe Togepi, as Togepi finally calms down and begins to giggle.

“Alright, it seems no matter what we should get keep Togepi,” Mimi exclaims. “They clearly feel safer with us around. I’ll take care of Togepi and you take care of Ralts.”

“Sounds great!” I cheer. “I hope the others have found a partner already!”

“Actually speaking of the others,” she says. “Can you see if they replied or not?”

It just hit me that it’s getting darker. I see the sun almost about to set. I begin to shiver, as I take a big gulp of saliva. When I calm down a bit, I check my phone.

“No reply sorry,” I reply nervously.

“I-I’m just worried that something may have happened to the-them,” She stutters.

It’s hard for me, but I need to try not to show my fear and make her worry more.

“I think at a time like this,” I reply slowly taking a few deep breaths with every word, “we should hope something good happened. Let’s hope they’ve befriended some powerful friendly Pokémon.”

Mimi abruptly sits down and frowns. Not wanting to make a scene, I give her a bit of time to calm down. She slowly starts to lie down on the ground, before abruptly getting up to sit.

“Mimi,” I say as I walk close to her, “you should nap. You’ve had a very long day. Also, look at how kyute Togepi is yawning! I think a nap will do wonders for the two of you.”

Mimi looks at Togepi and me back and forth with an expressionless face, before giving me a faint smile.

“You know what Riri, you’re right,” she says. “I’m sorry for getting so worked up. I’m just tired and worried.”

“I think I’ll take a small nap with Togepi,” she whispers. “Look at them sleeping soundly already, it’s adorable.”

I giggle at the sight of how kyute Togepi is.

“Is it alright if you and Ralts keep alert?” Mimi asks.

“You can count on me!” Ralts exclaims while saluting. I simply nod and smile.

Mimi quickly lies down on the ground, closes her eyes, and lets out a pleasant smile this time. A few seconds later, I can tell she’s fallen asleep with Togepi in her arms.

“Ralts, let’s give them some space,” I whisper. “They’re so adorable sleeping so peacefully.”

“Right!”

Ralts and I sit down below the same berry tree. We both share an Oran Berry together. As he munches on the berry, I pull out my phone hoping for some response from the others. Sadly still no response. I need to distract myself in order to not panic. Everyone is depending on me. I know I’ll watch some K-Drama!

“Ralts, I want to show you one of my fav shows. It’s called ‘Crash Landing on You’. You’ll love it I promise!”

Ralts grins and nods, still chewing, as I start from the beginning of the show.

“I’ve already watched everything, but I won’t spoil it for you.”

Ralts eyes sparkle with his mouth wide open as he gazes at my screen.

“Wow, this lady is so pretty!” He exclaims.

Strangely enough — his mood quickly sours. He even begins to shed a few tears.

“My dear Ralts, what’s wrong?”

“I’m sorry big sis, it’s just, it’s just, it’s just,” he stutters as he bursts into tears. “IT’S JUST MY MOMMY WAS ALSO BEAUTIFUL! BUT SHE’S GONE NOW!”

I quickly put down my phone, pick Ralts up and rock him back and forth while kissing him on his forehead.

“I’m so sorry. Ralts, I promise you, as long as I’m here I will always protect you and be the best big sis ever. I promise you’ll never have to feel unsafe. I will always show you unconditional love I promise. I promise that we will never be separated.”

Ralts slowly calms down, albeit still with some tears in his eyes.

“You will?”

“Yes of course sweetie, I’m always going to be here for you. Do you want to take a little nap? I can stay alert.”

Before Ralts can make a decision, I hear screaming in the distance.

“Wait, why does that sound so familiar?” I question as I shiver. “Ralts, I think you should stay close to Mimi and Togepi. I’ll go take a look.”

“No, I’m coming with you! At least I can fight! I don’t want to lose my big sister, I simply can’t!”

“Ralts, please I don’t want to see you hurt again. If I give you the signal that there’s trouble, I’ll run back to you so you can teleport all of us away alright?”

“Big sis…” Ralts pleads. “Please I can’t go on without you.”

Facing a difficult decision, I lament over the fact that Ralts may face more danger thanks to me. With no other choice, I pick Ralts up as I carry him with me. Ralts hugs me tight smiling.

As we get closer to the initial screaming, I hear more screams and at that moment I realize it’s Mizuki screaming!

Mizuki’s reckless running and screaming causes her to bump hard into me as we both fall hard onto the ground.

“Hey watch where you’re going, moron!” She complains. “Wait, Riri? Oh my god, it’s RIRI!”

My big bro and Kouki both carrying Eleanor follow right behind her.

“Mizuki, I’m so glad all of you are alright! You had me worried sick!”

“Hey thanks for the concern, but you have nothing to worry about. Where is my stupid brother?”

“Kiki, please not now… She’s behind me taking a nap with her Pokémon. We should go back and let her know that we’re all together again.”

Mizuki growls and stomps her feet around.

“Aw, I thought he died,” she chuckles. “Maybe sooner than later.”

“Please just stop now Kiki!” I scold as I get up with Ralts on my back. “Also is everything alright? I heard you scream and run at an alarming pace.”

“Those killer bees are back, and they’re behind us!” She yells as a drill flies right near us.

I wobble a bit as I take a step back. Flashbacks to the time when we all nearly fell to our deaths before Ralts saved us rush into my head. No, I need to be brave, so many people are counting on me!

“We need to wake Mimi up and get out of here fast!” I demand as I sprint back to Mimi, with my big brother and Kouki finally joining us.

“Riri, I was worried sick!” Jun cries. “I’m so glad you’re alright!”

“Big bro, me too! I’m proud of you for taking such good care of Eleanor! But we need to head back and warn Mimi right now!”

“You’re right,” he replies, “we can hug later!”

When I reach Mimi’s napping place, narrowly escaping the Beedrills’ attacks, we quickly wake her up without any sort of warning.

“What’s going on?” She complains still half asleep.

“Mimi, please there’s no time!” I yell. “Those Beedrills are back and they’re in a huge swarm this time! You need to take Togepi and your bag and start running with us now! I found everyone else!”

Without a second thought, Mimi blinks rapidly a few times before fully waking up. She panics for a bit but quickly finds the strength to hold Togepi and grab her bag.

Unfortunately, just as we are about to leave, the Beedrills surround us. Unable to decide on the best next step, I hear Togepi begin to cry as they jump out of Mimi’s arms. The Togepi runs close to the Beedrills and begins to wiggle their little fingers.

“Togepi dear, please come back!” Mimi pleads. “It’s not safe for you!”

Togepi ignores her as they continue wiggling their little fingers, while every single Beedrill surrounding us prepares their attacks. A quick second later and Togepi’s body begins to surge in electricity.

“EVERYONE GET BEHIND THE TREE!” Ralts commands. “Togepi is about to use the move Discharge and it’s dangerous!”

Last edited:
Chapter 3: Mizuki: This World Isn't Possible!

Summary of Chapter 3:​

With Adrian (Riri) and Hikari (Mimi) now reunited with the rest of the gang, they witness an immense power coming from Togepi. Can they control this power or will it cause them trouble going forward? We also get to explore more of the relationships between every character, and the possible reasons for their behaviours.

TW: Mizuki is quite transphobic. Her flashbacks also bring a lot of traumatic issues regarding eating disorders caused by parents, favouritism, etc. Reader discretion is advised.

(Chapter 3) Mizuki: This World Isn't Possible!​

July 11, 2020, ???, ???

I was worried that I was never going to reunite with my best friend Riri and my dumb older brother, but thankfully we managed to meet up once again. Although let’s be honest — the scenario we’re in is less than desirable. Multiple killer bees are surrounding us. We’re so close to our deaths, yet I’m here laughing on the inside so cynically.

As I continue to daydream, expressionless on the outside, I hear this hideous creature with a green bowl cut commanding me to take cover behind a tree. This is because some weird egg-like baby creature (Also super hideous) is about to discharge electricity. Well who am I to argue, I know nothing about this very unscientific world I’m in. All of us huddle together, hiding behind a tree.

“Ew don’t touch me Jun! Ew get Smellanor away from me! Ew ew ew!”

“Please stop Kiki!” Riri begs. “We need to stick close together or else it could be dangerous!”

As soon as Riri stops talking, I hear a large explosion which sounds like an electrical current discharging and zapping everything nearly. It also sounds like the bees are buzzing in pain, but that sound fades instantly.

Just a moment later, when all is quiet, I quickly get up and take a peak at the area we were just in. Every single bee disappeared! It’s like they all died and vanished into thin air. If they did die — their deaths would be different than death in my world.

Since the situation is seemingly safe for now, the first thing Mizuto and Riri do is go up to the egg-like creature and cuddle with it. I stay behind with Kouki, Jun, and Smellanor. No, it isn’t the fact that I’m actually scared of the egg-like creature, nor do I care if I startle it. It also isn’t because I can’t trust the weird creature’s intentions. No, it’s because I just didn’t want to be close to my dumb brother.

The egg-like creature starts to wail and jumps into my brother’s arms hugging him tightly. What a baby, just like my brother. A swift moment later, it begins to fall asleep.

“Aw look Togepi is so adorable!” Riri blushes as Riri gets closer to us.

“Say, Kiki is everything alright?” Riri questions with his index finger and thumb on his chin. “You’re sweating profusely, you’re biting your lips, and you’re standing disorientated!”

“What, I’m not doing any of that!” I snarl. “Shut up!”

Riri turns away frowning, as Jun’s face turns all red hot.

“Hey apologize to Riri now!” He demands holding his fists up.

“Nah I’m good,” I smirk.

Before Jun could smack me, Kouki runs in between us, stretching out both of his arms.

“Everyone, please not now!” He begs. “Is everyone okay? Is that creature going to be okay? I don’t want to see anyone hurt.”

“I’m not sure, Kouki,” Mizuto replies. “I’m a bit worried, the move must have taken a lot of their energy. However, they seem to be sleeping very peacefully right now. So maybe we don’t need to worry too much. Oh, yes! I think it’s best for us to introduce each other.”

“So he’s Kouki,” he says pointing at a shy Kouki. “This here is Jun,” he says nudging Jun’s right arm. “He’s actually Riri’s older brother!”

The weird green-haired creature stares at the towering idiot Jun, with a huge grin.

“Wow, so he’s my big brother!” Ralts remarks.

Jun opens his eyes wide and ducks down staring at Ralts.

“Uh, what?” He questions.

“Hey big bro,” Riri says. “Ralts calls me his big sis, so it’s only fitting if he also calls you a big bro. Is that alright?”

Jun mumbles a bit and takes a few steps back, before nodding and giving Ralts a pat on the head.

“Anyways, this fiend here is my stupid little sister Mizuki!” Mizuto yells while grinding his teeth.

Usually, I’d knock his head into the ground. However, this crazy world is forcing me to analyze it. Like, everything looks just like Earth. The trees and grass don’t look abnormal. Yet this world is inhabited by these creatures? Wut?!

“Ralts, I think I’ll let you take the honour to introduce yourself and the inhabitants of your world,” Mizuto says.

“Thank you, Mimi,” Ralts replies. “So my name is Ralts, and the baby that just saved us is Togepi. We are known as Pokémon. Those bees are also related to us and they’re known as Beedrills. I know this might sound strange and confusing, so I’ll let everyone take it in at their own pace.”

As I pace around for a bit trying to think of how this world fits the realm of science, I see Kouki’s standing there with his lips compressed and muscles all tense. Jun’s mouth and eyes are inhumanly wide. I must be daydreaming or maybe I’m just used to picturing Jun looking like a freak.

I still cannot comprehend how I’m in this unscientific enigmatic world. Oh, what about my future? That big luxurious mansion by a warm beach, high-tech company under my name, and servants to control! Oh, please don’t tell me that it’ll never come to fruition! Wait maybe I can find a way to control and manipulate these so-called Pokémon’s energy and produce profitable tech! I need answers now.

“Hey, bowl-cut!” I insult Ralts as I grab him by his clothes? “Come here, I need you to answer my questions!”

“No Kiki, please don’t hurt him!” Riri pleads while putting his hands up.

“Relax, I’m not going to hurt him if he answers me truthfully.”

Ralts stares at me with his big tense eyes, as he tries to move his mouth, but seems unable to.

“Uh, uh, what is it?” He questions shivering.

“Tell me what did Togepi do? How did that weird creature manage to release enough energy to kill an entire swarm of bees?”

He closes his eyes as he begins to sweat at an uncontrollable rate. In disgust, I throw him away.

“Ralts my dear, are you alright?” Riri screams as he rushes to attend to Ralts.

“I’m fine big sis, it’s not a big deal. It’s just Mizuki you call her? Yeah, she’s scary!”

Both Mizuto and Jun give me a stern look, as Riri continues to comfort Ralts. Sheesh, what’s their issue?

“Listen Ralts, you still haven’t answered my question!” I yell staring profusely at him.

“Kiki, leave him alone, please! Don’t put so much pressure on him!”

“Hey big sis, it’s fine I can handle it. Alright so Mizuki, what Togepi did back there was use a move called Metronome. By wiggling their finger, they can call upon any move. They ended up using the move Discharge, which is a powerful move that requires you to cloak your body with electricity. I’m not 100% sure how Metronome works though, so I can’t really go into too much detail.”

I push my shoulders back a bit as my jaw drops. How can simply wiggling your finger cause you to discharge energy stronger than conventional weapons on Earth? I must try to figure this out, it’ll be groundbreaking! Just imagine all the awards and wealth I can amass if I do!

Still deep in my thought, I notice Mizuto slowly walking with a tense face, holding Togepi in his arms.

“Do you think Metronome will drain too much of Togepi’s energy?” Mizuto questions. “I just hope Togepi is actually resting like a baby and not in some sort of pain right now.”

“I think Togepi will be fine Mimi,” Ralts replies.

Mizuto takes in a deep breath and relaxes his shoulders.

“Alright I’m glad, I can’t see my poor baby all hurt.”

“I’m sure Togepi will be glad to have such a loving mother like you, Mimi!” Ralts compliments.

“Hey, are you losers done?” I ask stomping my feet. “Stop it with this mother bs and all! Just shut up! No not a word from you Riri!” I demand pointing at him.

Riri nods in silence as he turns away and embraces Jun. Jun gives me the stink eye and a sharp stare. Ugh, I hate how they’re all trying to feed into his stupid delusions! UGH!

I speed walk to a corner far away from the others. I do a few breathing exercises, before closing my eyes and dozing off.

“Hey Kiki, please don’t wander off! I don’t want us to be separated again!”

“Ugh, alright alright.”

As they catch up to me, I can’t help but notice Kouki in a trance, walking disorientingly, grinding his teeth, and vigorously looking around his surroundings.

“My dear Kouki, is everything alright?” I inquire as I wobble.

“I’m sorry it’s just, I really wonder where we must go now?” He questions. “I wish that someone would be able to guide us. I’m just so confused and scared.”

At what seems like the speed of light, Mizuto, Riri, and I all surround Kouki at once, trying to comfort him.

“Hey, all of you should give him his personal space!” Jun suggests, which quickly prompts us to back off. “Also, I wonder when Eleanor will wake up. She’s been unconscious the entire time we’ve been in this weird place.”

“Oh no, are you sure?” Riri panics. “Ella, are you alright? Please be alright!”

“Why are you making it such a big deal?” I question in a loud and ferocious voice. “Who cares if Smellanor is unconscious? She’ll just burden us if she’s conscious. Probably blabbering about how rich she is and how her cousin is such a famous celeb and archeologist. If she does wake up, I’m going to knock her unconscious again!”

Oh no, not this again. Riri can try to hide it as much as he wants, but I know he’s about to burst into tears. Jun’s vicious stare at me as he embraces Riri tells me enough. Oh boy, why is my best friend so sensitive?

As I stand there grinding my teeth and moving my feet rapidly still standing at the same place, I see Kouki come close to me with a shy grin.

“Hey Mizuki, I understand you and Eleanor have a bad history,” Kouki says in a soothing voice. “But we’re all concerned with her well-being. I hope you just try to put your differences aside and understand our feelings. I hope I didn’t say anything that’ll offend you.”

“No no, you’re actually right Kouki. You’re very mature and wise, like a true big brother. Hoshi is really lucky to have you as a big brother. So smart, so handsome, so….”

“Um, thank you I guess,” Kouki interrupts, blushing and shying away.

Okay, maybe I was a bit too harsh. I should apologize to Riri.

“Hey Riri, sorry about that. Eleanor is clearly alright since she’s still breathing. Jun felt her pulse a while before we all met up again. She’s going to be alright. She’s probably just in a deep slumber.”

Riri lets out a faint smile as he leaves Jun’s embrace.

“I’m so glad to hear,” Riri sighs in relief. “I think maybe for tonight, we should consider finding some shelter. Or at least a comfy place to rest. If only we could find somewhere to have a nice shower or bath. I feel icky.”

“At least you actually smell really nice Riri,” Mizuto smirks giving me a stink eye. “Unlike a certain someone here, ew.”

“Hey wanna fight?” I question with my fists up. “How about you be a man and fight me Mizuto!?”

“For the last time, my name is Hikari! If you want to fight, then bring it on!”

As we rush toward each other, Riri steps in trying to push us aside.

“Please don’t Mimi and Kiki! I beg of you. We’re all stranded in an unknown world. We should focus on trying to leave and reunite with our families as soon as possible. Please stop fighting, if not for each other, for me please?”

Did he just say reunite with our families? I slowly kneel on the ground and cower covering my head in my arms.

February 8, 2017, Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh, Japan

Come on, why is this person still bidding ? Ugh! This is so frustrating! It’s almost ¥35,000! If it goes any higher, I won’t be able to afford this gift for him! Doesn’t the idiot bidding understand I absolutely need this gift? Okay, it’s at ¥30,000 now. It’s do or die. If I lose this bid though? Oh, I don’t want to think of the disappointment on his face. No, I need to give it a shot, I’ll enter in 35,000. I close my eyes not wanting to face the inevitable disappointment.

Five minutes pass and I only slightly open my eyes to take a peak. Wait, is that what I think it says? It says I won! I WON! Mizuto is going to be ecstatic when he finds out I got him an autographed puck from Pekka Rinne. Okay, I just need to enter my debit card details, press enter, and bam it’ll ship here in a few days! Just in time for his birthday.

As I got out of my chair doing a silly dance and screaming in joy, I hear the doorknob turn. My mother barged in holding a bucket of laundry.

“Mizuki, what did I tell you about playing the computer this early in the morning? You were supposed to do the laundry today! Whatever, I’m going make you shovel more snow today!”

I gave her the stink eye as I turned away to double-check if the order went through. As soon as I saw the good news that it did go through, I felt my mother tower over me. I briefly turned my head to see her grinding her teeth, with a sharp frightening look in her eyes.

“MIZUKI AMANO! WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT SPENDING YOUR MONEY ON SPORTS?”

Geez calm down Ayako!” I demanded. “It’s not for…”

“AYAKO? Did you just call me, YOUR MOTHER by my first name ? How dare you, you brat!”

My mother yanked me by my hair and violently shoved me outside. She locked the door and loud sounds from my desk followed. She quickly opened the door with my laptop squished into her armpits.

“Hey that’s my laptop, give it back!” I begged as I grabbed her legs.

“Listen here, young lady! You are living under my roof! Therefore nothing you have belongs to you! Do you understand that? You’ve been atrocious with your dancing and singing. This is exactly why I’ve told you that girls should never play sports and play on the computer! Also, you’re not going to get another cent doing your chores ever again!”

July 11, 2020, ???, ???

“Kiki, please answer me! Are you okay? I’m so scared!”

I look down at my shoes as I slowly get up. I then take a look at everyone and violently shake my head.

Ugh, not that stupid memory!

“Kiki you’re alright!” Riri exclaims as he comes up and gives me a huge hug.

Only a few seconds later, I push him away.

“Oops sorry Kiki, I was just so worried,” he says. “I think we really need to find a place to rest. It’s getting dark right now. I’m tired from this big day. I also really want to take a nice bath.”

“Big sis, if you want to take a bath,” Ralts says. “I recommend we try to find a place to camp by the beaches. I can show you the way there.”

I still can’t help but wonder why that dumb memory appeared in my head again. I don’t want to think about those stupid days! It’s just a massive burden. I stand still with my index finger and thumb on my chin looking ferociously at the ground.

“So shall we have a vote on where we’ll camp?” Riri asks.

“I vote to settle by a beach,” Mimi replies.

“Me too!” Jun and Kouki agree in unison.

“Sounds great!” Riri giggles. “Hey Kiki, have you decided yet? Kiki? Kiki?”

I open my mouth wide as I face everyone else again, shaking my hand multiple times as usual. I can see they all share similar expressions, of pure confusion.

“I mean I don’t really know where else to go,” I reply. “I can’t decline and say no.”

“Well looks like we’re all in agreement! Ralts please lead the way!” Riri commands.

Ralts leaves Riri’s arms and leads us out of the forest. I make sure to walk behind everyone else as I need my time and space to analyze that memory yet again.

Again I have so many bad memories of my stupid mother being an evil entity. Why that specific memory? What’s exactly so special about it? Is it because that was the first time I had the guts to call my mother by her first name? Hmm, I doubt that’ll be a reason. Whatever, I’ll figure this out.

I just notice we arrive on a typical sandy beach, with pristine clear water, and small patches of grass. There are some smooth red-looking rocks nearby as well. The weather here is a bit chillier than the forest.

“Finally, we don’t have to carry Eleanor anymore!” Jun exclaims in relief. “I legit cannot believe how heavy she is!”

“Wow look at you two gentlemen!” Mizuto exclaims. “I’m very proud that the two of you took care of Eleanor this entire time. Have any of you eaten yet?”

Kouki shies away without replying — while Jun’s jaw drops as he stutters but struggles to get his words out.

“Stupid Jun here saw this red berry that looks somewhat like a tomato with spikes,” I chuckle. “Without even thinking he took a bite out of it and literally ended up breathing fire. He had a swollen lip and had a very difficult time talking for quite some time. I mean it was hilarious though, you should have seen his face!”

Riri rushes to grab a yellow berry from his bag and hands it to Jun.

“Aw thanks, Riri,” Jun utters as he takes the berry and gives Riri a pat on the head. “I’m legit starving.”

“If you’re really hungry,” Ralts says, “I recommend we save the berries for later. There are fish in the ocean nearby and they fill you up more! Besides berries can come in very important if any of us are injured.”

“Great thinking!” Riri compliments. “Does anyone know the best way to catch fish?”

Before I can propose my solution, Mizuto covers my mouth.

“I do,” Mizuto replies, “I think the best course of action would be to create a spear of some sort and catch the fish that way. Besides, it’s getting chilly and I only have one blanket. I think we should get some wood and rocks to start a fire.”

As soon as he finishes speaking, I bite his hand, causing him to squeal, and I burst out laughing.

“Shall we go and collect the materials?” Kouki asks as he shrugs his shoulders and touches both of his index fingers.

As Kouki takes a small step, Mizuto stops him.

“Kouki and Jun,” Mizuto replies, “I think you two should rest. Thank you for your hard work today. Riri, you should rest as well, you really helped me out a ton today, thank you. Mizuki and I should be the ones who gather the materials.”

“Aw, you don’t need to thank me!” Riri blushes. “I appreciate your care, but I want to go gather some wood. Maybe you can gather some rocks and Kiki and I will gather some wood? I think that’s the best way!”

Hmm, not having to be with my dumb brother? That sounds tempting. Okay yeah, I’ll go. I give him a nod and I take off.

“Alright, let’s go Ralts!” Riri requests

“Right behind you big sis!”

As Riri and I walk back into the woods, Riri pats my shoulders.

“Kiki, I think we really need to talk.”

“Yeah what is it?”

I turn to face him, witnessing him with his head down and face bright pink.

“I just feel very uncomfortable with the disrespect you show your sister.”

“You mean brother.”

“See not this again! Please Kiki, I love you and you’re like my bestie, but you need to respect Mimi more. You can tell she gets so hurt by the actions of your parents and yourself. Even if you refuse to call her your sister, at least stop calling her your brother. Don’t call her by her dead name either please! Just call her Mimi going forward. If not for her, for me please?”

I let out a sigh as I face away from him. Ugh, like I just don’t get why he encourages Mizuto’s mental illness! As I stand there mapping out my thoughts, I can’t help but notice Ralts' frightening large eyes and mouth staring directly at Riri.

“Sorry, but what’s a deadname big sis?”

“I’ll try to explain it as best as I can,” Riri replies. “Mimi was actually born a boy. She told me how she always knew she was born in the wrong body. That’s why Mimi decided to transition into a girl. She started to dress in girl clothing, grow out her hair, and all that. Since Mimi is now a girl, she changed her name. Deadname just means her original name.”

Unable to handle Riri’s blubbering any longer, I step in and interrupt their convo.

“It’s sad that you two are just feeding into Mimi’s delusions,” I interrupt shaking my head.

“Kiki, I’ve always wondered, why are you so supportive of me dressing up all girly and not conforming to my gender, but against Mimi’s actual transition? You even defended me from your own mother, but you support your mother’s abusive actions against Mimi! I don’t quite understand. I just feel it’s not because you’re inherently queerphobic, but instead dealing with internal struggles that you’re not telling me about.”

I take a step back, clench my fists, bite my lips, and look down at my shoes.

“Riri, leave me alone!” I demand. “Let’s just pick up some wood and get back to the camp.”

“I just hope you find peace deep inside. It’s not good to bottle up all of your emotions.”

“Yeah shut up already Riri!” I lash out.

Without another word, Riri just stands there silent and lets out a brief faint frown. Ralts ends up giving him a few pats on the back. I didn’t want to yell at my best friend, but I really think he just needs to stop being so nosy and stop trying to care about my life. I’m going to do things the way I want.

“Hey big sis, I’m confused.”

“Oh, what is it, lil bro?”

“What do you mean dressing up all girly and not conforming to your gender? Aren’t you a girl?”

“Actually, I’m a boy,” Riri giggles. “I just think you should be allowed to express yourself any way you want. People always say I naturally act super feminine and I look like a young girl with the way I dress and style myself. But I don’t like labels. Clothing and mannerisms shouldn’t determine your gender.”

Oh my god, get me out of here! I swiftly run away recklessly without caring about my surroundings. Ugh, I cannot take being surrounded by delusional people all the time! What did I do to deserve my horrible mother and mentally ill brother? As memories of Mizuto, prior to him cross-dressing explodes into my mind, I didn’t notice the tree in front of me, which causes me to hit the tree hard face first.

I temporarily black out for a moment, I slowly get up all wobbly, blinking rapidly, and shaking my head furiously. I stare directly at the tree as I burst into tears. I repeatedly kick and punch the tree, to the point where my knuckles start bleeding. Why did I have to come to this stupid world? Why did I have to be born into a family with a horrible mother, a loser father, and a mentally ill older brother? My vision starts to become more and more blurry with every punch I throw until it gets to the point where I can no longer see a thing. My head feels dizzy and my entire body feels numb, as my knees hit the ground hard. Next thing I know I blackout.

February 12, 2017, Jubilife City, Sinnoh, Japan

“Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Mizuto! Happy birthday to you!” All the guests, including me, sang.

Mizuto smiled as he blew out his candles. The crowd erupted with thunderous applauses.

I gave Mizuto a huge hug, catching him off guard, thankfully he embraced me with warmth and affection.

“Happy birthday big bro!” I cheered as I gave him a kiss.

“Thanks, sis! Come on sit down, they’re cutting the cake!”

My brother’s colourful rainbow cake was distributed among the guests, with him getting the biggest slice. Unfortunately, I didn’t receive a single piece!

“Ayako, why didn’t I get any cake?” I questioned.

“MIZUKI!” She yelled. “Enough with your disrespect! You will not get any cake because I can’t let you gain any weight! You need to have a slim and petite frame for next week’s competition!”

“But mother, I’m so hungry! You've barely let me eat today!”

“No more arguing young lady!”

I picked up my mother’s plate and threw it on the ground, which caused everyone to focus their attention on me. I ran away from the elegant lights in the huge dining room, bursting into tears.

As I got away from everyone’s sight, Mizuto stopped me and hugged me tight. I cried on his shoulders as he patted my back multiple times.

“It’s alright Mizuki, let it all out. I actually secretly saved some cake for you!”

He takes out a small container and a plastic fork that he hid inside his tuxedo and passed it to me.

“Thank you, big bro,” I blushed as I wiped away my tears and slowly ate the cake.

“You ready to go back?” He asks.

“Um, can I actually tell you about a present I got you first? I just thought I’d let you know ahead of time before you open it.”

His eyes sparkled, and he opened his mouth wide and nodded at my request.

“So I know your fav player is Pekka Rinne. I managed to get you a hockey puck with his autograph on it.”

It’s strange, I thought he’d be jumping up and down in glee and squeezing the life out of me, instead, he frowned and turned away.

“Is something the matter big bro?”

“Oh it’s nothing,” he said still facing away from me. “I appreciate your gift. It’s just, I really want this cute dress that was on sale. But it’s my own fault for not telling anyone but Mrs. Løvgren, Jun, and Riri. Thanks anyways,” he said as he finally faced me and tried to hug me.

I push him back though, trying to process what he meant when he said he wanted a dress.

“Mizuto, why would you want a dumb dress? You’re a boy! I’m a girl and I hate dresses so much! I’d love to wear your tux rather than this stupid uncomfortable abomination that Ayako forced me to wear!”

His face suddenly turned bright red as he initially took a step back before walking forward yet again. He touched my shoulder with his right hand and gave a faint grin.

“Mizuki, I’m sorry for keeping this a secret. It’s just I wasn’t comfortable telling anyone outside of Jun, Riri, and their mother. But I’ve always known I was a girl and that’s what I identify as now. I’d like you to call me Hikari moving forward if that’s alright.”

My face quickly soured as I took multiple steps back. What does he mean? What does he mean he’s always known he was a girl? Huh? Is he unwell?

“Heh heh, big bro I think you’ve just eaten too much. You’re nervous that it’s a huge day for you. I get it. Some rest will make you think straight!”

He tilted his head and shook it a few times.

“No, you don’t get it, this is who I am. This is who I’m meant to be. Please accept me. I love you as my little sister, can’t you love me as your big sister?”

He got ever so close to me, as I pushed him away.

“No, please tell me this is all a joke! I can’t lose an older brother! I won’t!”

You don’t understand Mizuki! It was torture growing up and being forced to be who I’m not meant to be. Please just accept me!” He begged as he slapped my face.

Last edited:
Chapter 4: Mizuki: I Trust No One

Summary of Chapter 4:​

Mizuki has just recovered from the actions of her reckless anger. During this time we manage to get to know more about how her life at home is affecting her well-being and mental state. Also, it seems that more trouble and danger will arise for the protags in this chapter, how will they be able to handle it?

TW: Mizuki is still a very rude and transphobic person as always. Minor abusive family dynamics occur as well. Most importantly Mizuki suffers from an eating disorder, so reader discretion is advised.

(Chapter 4) Mizuki: I Trust No One​

July 11, 2020, ???, ???

What is this weird feeling? I feel a refreshing blue light around my body. But wait, I can’t open my eyes! Is this some sort of trance? Am I still alive? It’s weird that for a time even in this unconscious state I felt a ton of pain but the pain is all but gone now!

Wait, what’s that voice? I hear screaming and crying. The voice sounds familiar. Hmm… The pitch and resonance sound so sweet. Oh, it’s Riri!

“Hey Kiki, can you hear me? Please wake up! I’m so scared!”

I struggle to open my eyes. I barely open them only to blink and close them again.

“Hey, she opened her eyes!” Ralts exclaims.

“Kiki, you’re alright!” Riri sobs with a hint of tears in his eyes as he hugs me while I’m still laying on the ground.

His hug prompts me to open my eyes wide and pull my lips back.

“Ugh, what happened?” I question as I shake my arms and head.

“Kiki, I-I found you pun-punching and kicking a tree repeatedly until you fain-fainted. I-I-I saw you-you-your hands all covered in blo-ood and was worried sick!”

Riri bursts out a heavy load of tears as he squeezes the life out of me. Ralts is beside him with his mouth wide open and staring directly at me not moving a muscle.

“Hey cut it off,” I demand as I push him away.

I look at my hands, they’re completely free of blood and scars. It looks like baby hands with how soft and clear they are.

“How did this happen?” I question.

“Hmm, what do you mean Kiki?”

“I remember my hands were bleeding to death, yet it’s perfectly fine now! What happened?”

Riri looks at Ralts and Ralts grins and nods his head.

“So Mizuki, you see I have this power where I can heal others. When you were unconscious, I touched your hands and I emitted this light blue energy that was able to heal your hands. I still can’t quite explain how I can do this. It also takes up a lot of my energy, so I can’t do this for long periods of time, but still, thankfully I had enough energy to heal you. Who knows what would have happened if I didn’t.”

I shrug my shoulders back and my jaw drops! Just think of all the wealth and power I can amass if I manage to harness the energy of Pokémon!

Riri takes in a deep breath, sniffs a bit, and gives Ralts a pat on the head. He slowly lets out a faint smile as his tears dry up. Ralts smiles faintly, before letting out a huge yawn. He abruptly falls asleep, which prompts Riri to carry him in his arms.

As I see Riri hum and smile at Ralts, I close my eyes yet again and take a few deep breaths. After finally relaxing my nerves, I get up and put my hand on Riri’s right shoulder, catching him off guard.

“Hey look I didn’t mean to yell at you before,” I apologize. “Please understand there’s so much going on in my mind. I just wish I had never come here. But at the same time, I’m terrified of seeing Ayako again.”

Riri lets out a sigh, before speaking.

“Kiki, I understand. I wish I was back home as well just relaxing and not needing to worry about a thing. However — just wishing isn’t going to solve our problems. We’re facing a dilemma and we need to try our best to resolve it. Also, I understand you’re scared of your mother, but I promise you she loves you on the inside alright? I have this feeling you’ll get along with her in the future. Please don’t lash out your anger at people who don’t deserve it, alright?”

As Riri gives me a huge hug, I can feel Riri’s nerves calming down. As I grin, I can’t quite help but wonder what Ralts’ intentions are. Like why would he be so friendly to us? We’re complete strangers. He just has to have some ulterior motive , otherwise, he wouldn’t have healed me. This world is clearly a survival of the fittest world as well, with those bees trying to hunt us down and all. Hmm — I gotta always be on guard.

“Is it alright if you collect the wood Kiki, I don’t want to disturb Ralts.”

I nod, as I grab multiple pieces of wood and put them in my bag.

“Ready to head back, Kiki?”

I give a thumbs up and we walk back, deep in the night. As we walk, I notice the strangest phenomenon. The moon goes from eerily dark and dim to shining bright in a split second and shines down light on our path!

“Kiki, did you see that? So pretty!”

As I give a brief nod, I rest my hands on my face, staring sternly at the moon. What could have caused this? What is this trying to tell us? No, don’t believe in any religious or spiritual nonsense.

“Hey, what took you two so long?” Mimi questions, as soon as we get near the campsite.

“Sorry Mimi,” Riri replies, “we just got distracted. But Kiki got the wood for the fire and I got enough long wooden sticks that we can use as spears.”

“Aw thank you, you two did great! Let’s start a fire now. I’ll go fishing.”

“Hikari, I want to help!” Kouki offers. “I know how to sharpen the edge of the sticks so it can be used as a spear!”

“Aw, thank you Kouki! Alright, I’ll let you do your thing as I help Riri and Mizuki set up a fire.”

Mimi and Riri set up the fireplace as I start the fire. Kouki soon finishes creating the spears and we all go to gather some fish . We each manage to gather a substantial amount of fish.

As we begin to cook the fish — Mimi brings up the fact that she only has one blanket and we need to decide on who gets it.

“Okay, Jun seems to have fallen asleep,” I remark, “so he shouldn’t have a say.”

“I can wake him up,” Riri says. “He needs to eat something.”

Riri walks slowly, elegantly, and quietly to Jun’s side. He gives Jun a slight nudge, waking him up.

“Hey big bro, I don’t mean to disturb you, but you should get some food. We’re making fish!”

“Huh?” Jun snorts. “Oh hey Riri, thanks for waking me up. Sure let’s eat, I’m starving!”

“Before we eat, can we all decide who gets the blanket?” Mimi asks. “Remember I only have one here.”

I look down at my shoes with my hand on my head, as I doze off trying to think of who deserves the blanket. Like I really want a nice warm blanket, but I also don’t want to see Kouki or even Riri sleep on the cold hard ground.

“Um, I think Riri should get the blanket!” Jun exclaims.

“I’m indifferent,” Kouki replies, “anyone of you can take the blanket. I’ll actually decline it so someone else can have it.”

“This is really hard for me,” Riri says. “I mean I’d love a nice cozy blanket myself, but I feel someone here needs it a lot more than me. I actually vote for Eleanor to have the blanket since she’s still unconscious and the youngest one here.”

What is it with the unnatural selflessness that both Riri and Kouki portray? Ugh, they’d be eaten alive in nature!

“Ew, anyone but Smellanor!” I complain. “Honestly for once, I agree with Jun. Riri, you’re the shortest one here so you should get it.”

“Why does my height matter?”

“It’s so you can fit into the blanket the easiest, DUH. You also deserve it with how kind you are. Besides again, anyone but Smellanor!”

“Please stop this Mizuki!” Mimi demands. “There’s no reason to argue this. It seems everyone but Kouki and you have voted for Riri to have the blanket. Therefore I also vote for Riri. Riri, I have to actually agree with Mizuki for once that you’re the one most in need of a nice warm blanket and you deserve it.”

Riri walks up to Mimi and Mimi hands over the blanket. To my surprise, Riri goes directly to Smellanor as Riri tucks her into the blanket and brings her close to the fire.

“Riri what are you doing?” Jun questions. “That’s your blanket, not hers!”

“You’re right big bro! It is my blanket. That’s why I’m going to do what I want with it. I want to keep Eleanor safe and warm, she’s still unconscious!”

I honestly can’t comprehend why Riri is this selfless. It defies all forms of logic. We as humans are meant to thrive to be the greatest and there is a huge emphasis on the survival of the fittest in nature. Who cares if Eleanor freezes to death? Not me!

“Honestly, I don’t know what to say,” Mimi says. “But Riri you’re such a pure-hearted person. It brings tears of joy to my eyes.”

“Aw, there’s no need to cry!” Riri assures. “I just want to make sure everyone is safe and sound. Shall we eat now?”

“Yes, I’m starving!” Jun exclaims as he quickly gobbles down a fish, only to choke on the bones.

Unable to contain my laughter, I start rolling on the ground kicking the air as I burst into tears, laughing till it hurts.

“Big brother, are you okay? Does anyone here know the Heimlich maneuver?”

“Um, I do!” Kouki exclaims rushing to Jun’s side to help him out.

“Big bro! You got me all worried! Please chew slowly and eat patiently silly big bro!”

“Alright, I’m sorry for causing a panic,” Jun says.

As everyone else begins to eat their fish, I just look at my fish and stare at it in disgust. Despite my intense hunger having not eaten anything but a small boiled egg this morning, I can’t fathom myself eating this fish. It just makes me want to puke.

“Mizuki, why aren’t you eating?” Mimi questions.

“You know the damn reason why! I can’t tolerate this much food!”

“What do you mean this much food?” Mimi questions in an extreme state of concern. “All you had all day were veggies and a small egg, that’s it! Mother isn’t here to control what you can or cannot eat anymore. Please just eat and get your proper nutrients!”

I quickly get up and stomp my feet around, clenching my fists. I slowly begin to shed a few tears before giving her a piece of my mind.

“You don’t understand at all, do you? Boys will never understand the situation stupid Ayako put me through! I’m going to gag all this food out if I eat it!”

“Kiki, please even if you can’t eat it all, can you at least take a few small bites? I don’t want to see you collapse from hunger! Would you like a berry instead?”

“Fine I’ll take a few small bites, Riri, and that’s it. No berries for me though!”

I take a few nibbles from the fish before tossing it aside. All I want to do is sleep.

“I’m heading to bed, see y’all later!” I announce while napping on my bag beside the fire. “If anyone wakes me up, you’re dead!”

I hear the others wish me good night, but I just tone them out. I actually manage to fall asleep very easily.

Unknown date, Twinleaf Town, Sinnoh, Japan

“Listen here, I’m going to kill all of you noobs you hear me?” I shout as I kill the last person on my enemy’s team. “Yeah, that’s what you noobs get! Aw, look at all the whittle babies here! Y’all gonna go and cry to your mommies? Go right ahead — like I care LOSER!”

Yes, I did it, I 12-0’d those stupid noobs! Time to celebrate with some snacks. As I vigorously chew down my Cheetos and gulp my mountain dew, I hear my stupid Neanderthal of a mother, Ayako yell at me to come upstairs.

“Shut up Ayako! I’m busy harassing noobs in Valorant!”

Her shouting gets louder and louder as I try to space her out. Due to my distraction, I didn’t notice her break into my room and grab me by my hair.

“Ouch, let go of me, let go of me you stupid pig!” I demand her, as I try to fight her.

“MIZUKI! I told you to take out the trash and do the dishes! Also, your room stinks and is a complete pigsty! How is it you’re 20 already and still waste your life away by playing video games in your room all day? How did my baby girl turn out to be a loser? Your own brother is more successful at being a woman than you’ll ever be! That’s pathetic!”

I bite my lips so hard that they end up bleeding as I clench my fists to the point where my nails pierce my palms and cause them to bleed. Despite my sluggish movements due to my extensive shivering — I still manage to deliver a swift punch to her face.

“This is your fault, you know that? If you hadn’t forced me to go on strict diets and take millions of singing, modelling, and dancing classes, this wouldn’t have happened! YOU MADE ME THIS WAY!”

July 12, 2020, ???, ???

Huh? What was that? Was that a nightmare? It must have been! I was 20 years old in that nightmare. I sit straight up with my legs tucked and my hands on my lap. I sit there thinking about what it’s trying to tell me. No, it’s all just a coincidence. Your thoughts are just recollections of what you know and as a result, they could help you remember the past or attempt to predict the future. Nothing more, yup!

Still, in a trance — I feel a painful shock in my stomach. Ow, I’m so hungry. I can barely even move. Wait, it looks like everyone’s still asleep. I’m sure they won’t mind if I eat some berries. I tiptoe to Mimi’s bag, grab one of each berry, and gobble them up. Oh, they both taste so sweet and soothing . It was going to take time for me to get used to eating more food, but these berries are just so good! Still what I really want is a burger. If there are ordinary fish in this world, would there be ordinary cows, pigs, and chickens? I’m really in the mood for some meat, mmmm.

The berries were delicious, but it’s making me feel sleepy again. I check the time on my phone, 4:52. Yeah more rest for me. As soon as I close my eyes, it just hit me! My phone is at 100% despite being almost dead this morning. I need to figure out this phenomenon first thing in the morning!

“Wake up Kiki! Please we’re under attack!”

I wake up and witness the horror of our camp surrounded by flame. I can’t quite see who exactly is attacking us. But it doesn’t matter. I see a ball of fire heading my way and I narrowly dodge it. Despite dodging the fireball, I can still feel my skin burn.

“Who are you?” I ask crying in pain, squeezing the skin that got exposed. “Show yourself and stop attacking like a coward!”

“Who am I?” The voice mocks me in a loud and menacing way. “How dare you ask who I am? Who are you? What are you doing in our world? Answer now or else I will kill all of you without any remorse!”

I can’t quite hear anyone else and to make matters worse, I can barely open my eyes. I’m still here trying to block out the pain, but the torching heat is making it difficult. In only a split second though, I’m finally able to hear clearer!

“We don’t mean any harm!” Mimi begs. “Please we were brought into this world by some unknown wormhole and we just want to leave!”

“Wormholes? That’s exactly how invaders to our world have been coming here! You must be one of them! Take this for your insolence!” The unknown voice yells as it sends another ball of flames toward us.

Just as I think our deaths are imminent, Mimi’s Togepi jumps in front of the ball of fire as its body glows.

“Togepi, why did you do that?” Mimi probes. “Please you’re just going to hurt yourself!”

Togepi ignoring Mimi begins to cry as it surprisingly takes the attack and pushes it back. Togepi’s immense power pushing the ball of fire away causes the attacker to finally reveal himself as he narrowly dodges his own attack. He looks like a humanoid rabbit with white skin. The middle portion of his head has a red hue. His fur seems to include a pair of red pants, and his legs are blue-coloured. It’s a very strange colour scheme for sure!

“You dare attack me? A vassal of the great Thundurus? You will die for redirecting my own attack!”

“Please stop master Cinderace!” Ralts begs kneeling on the floor with his hands in the air, as our attacker prepares another fireball. “Please I’m begging you, these are my friends. They’re innocent I promise you.”

Huh, master Cinderace? Ralts knows this person? I knew it, I knew he’s conspiring to hurt us! That little rat!

“Who are you?” Cinderace asks.

“My name is Ralts. I have lost my family and these humans have protected me and sheltered me. Please understand I was also afraid of them when I first encountered them, but they comforted me and protected me from a swarm of Beedrills. I owe my life to these humans! Don’t you fulfill requests for commoner Pokémon like myself? My request is to please spare their lives and see them as innocent. If you’re upset about Togepi redirecting your attack, keep in mind they’re just a little baby and weren’t even commanded by anyone. They just wanted to keep themselves and their friends safe.”

Cinderace cancels his attack as he stands there with his eyes closed. His facial expression definitely doesn’t encourage me, since he’s twitching rapidly and squinting his strong sharp features. Gradually though, Cinderace’s sharp expression turns into an expressionless face, as he calms his movement. Finally, he lets out a grin.

“Ralts! I accept your request!”

We all let out a sigh of relief.

“On one condition!”

My jaw drops as I can see the others all huddle together with their eyes closed.

“Yes, master Cinderace?” Ralts questions shivering.

“There is an item in Thunderwave Cave that I request your so-called friends and saviours fetch for me. If all of you could complete my request, I will believe in what you say. I will then welcome everyone to this place known as Pokémon Square.”

Ralts heaves a sigh of relief and wipes his head.

“I don’t mean to interrupt,” Kouki says, still huddling with the others. “However, what happens if we fail?”

“If you fail then that means I won’t have to deal with you!” Cinderace chuckles. “Thunderwave Cave is home to many Electric-Type Pokémon who can zap your very existence away. If you manage to avoid them you will succeed, and if not then you’ll be gone from this world. Is that understood?”

All of us nod as I shiver and gulp. Not only does this seem like suicide, but even if we succeed, it just doesn’t feel like Cinderace will do as he promised. All of this looks like a trap.

“I see all of you understand and agree,” Cinderace says grinning. “Very well. Ralts do you happen to know the way to Thunderwave Cave?”

“Um yes, I do Master Cinderace!”

“Excellent, I will have you lead the way. Once you are done, meet me at the entrance of Thunderwave Cave, as I will then see if you collected the right item or not. Goodbye!”

Cinderace lets out a bright flash of light, which hurts my eyes even when I close them. When I open my eyes, I see he’s completely vanished!

“Oh my, how did that happen?” Riri questions.

“Cinderace is one of the three vassals of our greater guardian, Thundurus. He is granted special powers to teleport back and forth anywhere he pleases as long as it is on the Air Continent.”

“Air Continent?” Mimi questions.

“That’s the name of the continent we’re on,” Ralts replies. “At least that’s what my mommy told me. She said Thundurus is our greater guardian and beneath him is the lesser guardian known as Tapu Koko.”

What is with all these titles? Also, how does Ralts know this much? Hmm, he’s confirming my suspicions.

“I don’t trust him at all!” I exclaim. “This must be a trap. He must plan to ambush us.”

“Mizuki, we have no choice though…” Mimi sighs.

I clench my teeth and stomp my feet. These idiots just don’t understand, do they?

“I trust him,” Riri says. “I can understand why he attacked us at first. He was just concerned.”

“Why would he want us to fetch some random item that he can get himself with his powers?” I ask still tense. “Like clearly he’s up to something.”

“I think it’s because he wants to see if we are truly trustworthy ourselves,” Riri replies. “If we do as he says, he’ll trust us.”

I pull my hair to the point where I force myself to scream.

“You’re so naive Riri,” I sigh. “I feel sorry that you’re so innocent and misguided.”

“Hey don’t talk to Riri like that!” Jun demands.

“Oh, how about you just shut up Jun! The last thing I want is to listen to someone as reckless as you!”

Before Jun and I could tussle, Riri grabs a hold of him, while stupid Mizuto grabs a hold of me.

“Please everyone, stop fighting!” Mimi begs. “Let’s have a quick breakfast before we head off. We still have some berries and fish saved up. Wait a minute, WHO ATE ALL THE BERRIES?”

“Um, I did loser,” I burp. “I was starving last night. Also, don’t ever touch me again!” I yell as I push him away violently.

“Oh my god! Oh my god!” Mimi panics. “Okay calm yourself down Mimi, we still have some fish left. But what if someone gets sick or something, oh no oh no!”

“Hey, Mimi get a hold of yourself !” Jun commands as he grabs Mimi’s arms. “Listen, stop panicking! We still have food.”

Mimi frowns a bit, before giving Jun a hug.

“Yeah you’re right Jun, I’m so sorry!”

“Alright, like you said,” Jun replies, “let’s have some breakfast and head out soon.”

Without another word, we all begin to eat the fish from our leftovers. Well, at least the others are. I take a few bites and throw it away. I can tolerate and gobble sweet foods, but anything with an unpleasant odour like the fish I still gag at.

Just as we start to depart, I feel a sharp burning pain in my right arm. I try not to scream or show it off, but Riri easily catches attention of the burn.

“Kiki are you alright? That burn looks horrifying!”

“I’m fine Riri, don’t worry about me!” I beseech. “Oh my god, my arm looks hideous!” I scream as I see the patterns of burnt flesh covering my right arm.

“Mimi, do you have a first aid kit in your bag?” Riri asks, trying not to wobble.

“I should, let me go check!” Mimi replies as she scurries through her bag throwing out a lot of junk before finding her first aid kit!

“Mimi, do not come close to me!” I demand. “Do not touch me! Remember what I said about boys touching me!”

As Mimi lets out a sigh, Riri quickly takes the first aid kit and helps cool my burn down with a cold wet cloth. Riri made sure to disinfect my arm as well which hurts like hell. Finally, Riri applies some lotion and bandages it up.

“Thanks, Riri!” I exclaim.

I drop fast onto the ground in order to wait for my arm to feel better. As I wait for the pain to go away, Ralts comes up to me, staring at me.

“Hey Mizuki,” he says.

“Yeah what do you want? Are you going to heal my arm like you did with my hands yesterday?”

“Um,” he squirms. “Sorry I don’t have enough energy right now. I have something else to tell you though, it’s um…”

At this rate, it’s just getting painfully obvious. He was clearly trying to catch me off guard when he healed me yesterday!

“Oh well, I actually know a berry that will help you heal your burn. It’s called a Rawst Berry. I don’t know exactly where in the forest we could find them, but I can tell you which berry is the Rawst Berry.”

“Yeah no, I think I’ll be alright.”

“Aw why Mizuki?” Ralts questions tilting his head and frowning. “I promise it’ll help you.”

“Because I don’t trust you, you idiot! I don’t even know why I’m in this stupid world! After what your so-called master did, how can I begin to trust you?”

Ralts bursts into tears and jumps right into Riri’s arms.

“Kiki how could you?” Riri scolds me. “Ralts defended us from Cinderace. I don’t see how we can’t trust him. Please just understand the world isn’t some evil place full of hatred and malice! The world is full of love and joy!”

“Even if our world is like that, this world sure isn’t! You’re not going to convince me to follow along with your plan! I’d much rather go on my own way! I don’t trust any Pokémon!”

“You’re going to get yourself killed if you do!” Mimi cries.

“Better that than to be with you!” I scream.

As I continue to argue with everyone, I hear a distant moan. The moan sounds super familiar, it’s from Smellanor!

As Smellanor moans more and more and even mumbles a few words, we all turn our attention to her. She finally opens her eyes and asks, “Where am I? What happened?”

Chapter 5: Eleanor: What is This Place?

Summary of Chapter 5:​

Eleanor has finally awakened after being unconscious for a considerable amount of time. Confused and scared of all that's happened, we can see that her relationship is not on good terms with the others. To make matters worse, a mysterious Pokémon has a particular interest in the group. She has powers that most Pokémon cannot even understand. How will this affect our protagonists and the mission that they got from Cinderace? We will explore Eleanor's personality and thoughts a lot more in this chapter.

(Chapter 5) Eleanor: What is This Place?​

July 12, 2020, ???, Air Continent

“Where am I? What happened?” I question murmuring just waking up from a slumber that I don’t even remember having.

I slowly blink my eyes a few times, before finally being able to open them up fully. I see that I’m on a beach, but a different beach from all the beaches I’ve been to in Sinnoh. I see that I’m surrounded by those hicks, Mizuki, Kouki, Jun, and the two pretty boys Hikari and Adrian, ugh. For whatever reason — Mizuki’s right arm is in bandages. Good, I’m glad she’s injured, she deserves it . I also notice a small toddler that looks both human and alien at the same time with a green bowl cut standing next to Riri, while this weird egg-looking thing is next to Mimi. What are these strange things?

“Eleanor, you’re awake!” Riri cheers. “I was so worried about you! Are you alright?”

“Why would you be worried about me, pretty boy? How about you worry about yourself first?”

“Eleanor, Riri is just concerned!” Kouki exclaims. “You’ve been unconscious for hours on end and both Jun and I had to carry you for miles! So please just tell us, are you alright?”

“Wait, what do you mean unconscious? What do you mean I was carried for hours? Where am I?”

Mizuki clenches her fists, bites her lips, and sharpens her eyebrows, as she stomps toward me.

“Smellanor, I’ve had enough of you!” Mizuki threatens. “Another word from you, and I will kill you!”

“Everyone, please stop fighting!” Riri begs. “We’ve been here for less than a day and we’re already fighting so often! Why can’t we all just get along?”

“What do you mean here for less than a day?” I question while short of breath. “Please just answer me! I’m scared!”

“Eleanor, just calm down,” Mimi says in a soothing voice. “Listen to me, let me explain everything to you.”

I close my eyes, lie down, take a few deep breaths, and then I sit up, finally opening my eyes again, as I nod.

“Eleanor, look this will be very hard for you to believe, but we’re currently not on Earth.”

I stand up and take a few steps back covering my mouth as more thoughts rush into my head. No, no, no, this can’t be! I’m going to be stuck with these hicks this entire time?

“You must be joking right? You’re delusional, pretty boy!”

“Eleanor, can you like not interrupt Mimi please?” Jun scolds. “Please just listen to her finish, then you can talk.”

I cross my arms and growl at Jun while nodding at the same time.

“Thank you, Jun. Eleanor, do you remember being sucked into a wormhole?”

“Hmmmmm, actually thinking about it I do! I just don’t remember what happened after that. So wait, we’re really not on Earth anymore?” I ask panicking.

“I’m afraid not,” Mimi replies, shaking her head. “Unfortunately the moment we got to this world, you were unconscious. I’m just glad you’re alright.”

I cover my face as thoughts rush into my head. My heart is pounding rapidly and my body feels stiff. Daddy said he was going to get me a poodle on my birthday! I need to get out of here! I swiftly get up and start to sprint, only for those idiots to beg me to stop.

“Eleanor, please calm down!” Mimi pleads. “Listen, if you run off alone, you’re only going to get yourself into danger! Also, I have more things to explain to you.”

“Fine, fine, hurry up pretty boy!” I growl.

Jun rushes to me by sprinting awkwardly and flicks my forehead.

“Ouch, what was that for you dumb hick!?” I yell as I punch his right arm.

“Listen here, Eleanor!” Jun demands while stomping his feet. “I’d really appreciate it if you stop calling both Mimi and Riri pretty boys!”

“Or else what doofus?” I smirk. “Yeah, I thought so, like you’d hurt a lady like me.”

Jun grinds his teeth with his fists clenched as he walks back to the others. I notice Mimi with her head down, and Riri with both of his hands on his face frowning. Hmmm…

“So Eleanor, we’re currently in a world full of creatures known as Pokémon,” Mimi explains, making eye contact with me. “You see these two Pokémon beside me? This one over here is called Ralts,” she says pointing at the toddler with a bowl cut. “The one that I have in my arms is called Togepi.”

“These creatures look so ugly!” I shriek.

I can’t completely see Ralts' facial expressions, but I do notice Riri hugging Ralts and giving him pats.

“Am I ugly big sis?” Ralts asks.

“No of course not!” Riri assures still comforting Ralts. “She’s just being mean, don’t listen to her!”

“Wait, you can talk?” I question.

“Yeah, we can talk,” Ralts replies.

“Please tell me this is all a dream!” I scream.

“Unfortunately, it’s not a dream,” Mimi replies. “We’re in a different world and we have the make the best of it. Pokémon are basically supernatural creatures that have powers beyond our understanding of science. Ralts can teleport people for example. While Togepi has the ability to discharge electricity from their body.”

That powerful? This has to be a nightmare! That’s right, I’ll just lie down, shut my eyes, and go to sleep! When I wake up, I’m going to be in my nice warm bedroom, and my servants will make me the most delicious croissants! A moment later, reality hits though.

“You’re right, we aren’t on Earth anymore!” I cry. “Oh no, what’s going to happen to me?”

As I continue to kneel on the ground and bawl my eyes out, I hear footsteps come near me. Very gentle and elegant footsteps though. I briefly open my eyes and witness Riri and Ralts near me. Riri lets out a faint smile, as he extends his right hand out.

“Hey it’s alright Ella,” Riri says in a soothing voice. “I completely understand your situation. We’re all scared and unsure about our future as well. That’s why we all need to stick together and help one another. I promise we have a lead to securing ourselves a safe place. This Pokémon known as Cinderace promised us that.”

My eyes sparkle and I grin, as I grab his hand, getting up.

“Ooo what safe place? Are we going to have a nice big mansion with lots of yummy foods and a nice big jacuzzi?”

“Um I’m not sure about the details of our place,” Riri replies. “But Cinderace requires us to do a task before he’ll reward us.”

“What task?” I ask. “Count me out of this, if it takes too much effort!”

“If you don’t do the task,” Mizuki yells from afar, “then you don’t get to reap the rewards! You got that, imbecile?”

I grind my teeth and begin to speed walk to Mizuki, slowly clenching my fists. Mizuki gets herself into a boxing position, but before I can get close, Mimi walks in between the two of us with her arms out.

“Please no fighting you two!” Mimi begs. “Let’s just calm down before we head to our destination where we need to complete a task for Cinderace.”

“Well at least tell me what task we need to do!” I demand. “Sheez how hard can it be pretty boy?”

“I’m surprised you’re more impatient than my big bro,” Riri giggles. “Basically we need to fetch Cinderace an item known as a Thunderstone from a place called Thunderwave Cave. Ralts is going to show us the way.”

I take another step backwards as my eyes widen and my mouth slacks. I take a big gulp of saliva and a few deep breaths.

“Do-d0 we-we even know what a Thu-thunderstone looks like?” I question while stuttering.

“I do,” Ralts replies. “It’s basically a smooth green stone with a lightning symbol on it. They’re not common, but we should be able to find one in Thunderwave Cave.”

“So Eleanor, are you okay with all of this?” Mimi asks.

I tilt my head down and look at my fidgeting hand trying to think of a way out of this.

“Do I have a choice? I’ll come with you guys if the two boys here promise to carry me again like you did when I was unconscious.”

“Absolutely not Eleanor!” Jun complains as he stomps his feet. “We’re sick and tired of having to carry you around!”

Kouki comes up to me slowly and all disorientate and abruptly stops as he gets close.

“Eleanor, please forgive me,” Kouki says, “but we’re really tired and we’d appreciate it if you could just walk on your own.”

“And get my clothes and shoes all dirty and smelly? A lady like me can’t accept that!”

“You’re already a dirty and smelly bitch!” Mizuki insults me. “I can’t see how walking is going to make it any different!”

“Come over here and say it to my face!” I demand.

Mizuki readies her left fist, as she swiftly sprints toward me. As I stand with my right leg forward and my fists held up, I feel a strange sensation! It feels as if my entire body is paralyzed! A bright flash blinds me!

“Help me, help me!” I scream and beg. “Please somebody help me!”

Somehow I end up in a white void.

“Where am I? Who is responsible for this? Show yourself! I’m going to get my Daddy to sue you and get you in trouble! Do you know who I am?”

I only hear echoes in this room, which causes me to get more anxious and panic even more than usual.

“Please, just let me out of here!” I cry. “Why am I even here? Please I’ll do anything!”

As I continue to cry on the cold hard floor of the void, I hear a “swoosh” sound. I only open my eyes a tiny brief amount. I see a dark figure in the void. You can’t miss it. I open my eyes fully and witness a mysterious being in front of me. She looks like a woman in a black gothic dress with white ribbons all over her dress. Also, a white ribbon on her hair, if you can even call it hair. What really mesmerizes me is her sharp frightening blue eyes. She looks both human and alien at the same time.

“My child,” she speaks, “it pains me to have to do this to you.”

“What do you mean? You let me out of this place right now! Do you know what Daddy’s going to do to you? You don’t mess with a van Weeren and get away with it!”

“Your threats don’t scare me. Just understand the only way for me to communicate with the other children is to possess your body. I’m sorry for having to use your body as a vessel.”

I stare at her with both my eyes and mouth wide open — unable to move my body. Even my mind feels blank for the first time. As I try to move my lips around — I feel nothing come out of my mouth! Why?

Unable to protest, she shines a light as she disappears while I remain in this void. However, I’m finally able to see the outside world now. I see the group of hicks surrounding me, all looking down at me.

Mizuki is staring at me with sealed lips, glaring sharp eyes, and sharp tucked-in eyebrows. Jun is barely looking at me and remains expressionless. Riri, Mimi, and Kouki are all looking at me with raised eyebrows, their mouths wide open, and wobbly hands. They all suddenly take a step back and I feel my body move!

“Dear children,” the mysterious woman that I just met says through my body! “I’m so sorry for disturbing you. My name is Gothitelle. You might not believe me, but my species have this power to see into the future and what I’m about to share with you is very important.”

Quickly everyone takes multiple steps back with all of their eyes and mouths wide open, as they repeatedly look at each other and me, vigorously shaking their heads at the process.

“Do not be alarmed,” Gothitelle assures. “I won’t be able to harm you, nor do I intend to. I am simply just a spirit. All I can do is possess someone’s body, there’s nothing more I can do.”

“That isn’t right though, Gothitelle!” Riri protests. “You shouldn’t hurt poor Eleanor like that!”

Wow, the pretty boy actually stood up for me. I’m kinda impressed, not going to lie.

“As a spirit, I can only communicate if I possess another body. It’s not something I wish to do either, it pains me deeply. However, I have no other choice.”

“Alright, get on with it then!” Mizuki demands while stomping her feet and grinding her teeth.

“Please calm yourself down my child. I will tell you what I know. So listen carefully. I have no idea what brought you to our world. At first, I was afraid of your intentions, but after seeing the future, I’ve witnessed you defeating an invader. Therefore, I can trust you.”

During her speech, I can see that everyone is still shivering and grinding their teeth. Although, they’ve at least calmed their facial expressions.

“Also what I’ve seen is that in the near future in our big metropolis of Ohms City, you will come across another human being. She is a young lady with long blonde hair, green eyes, a white dress, and a big white bucket hat. She has a large white bag and in her bag lies a mysterious creature that I’m not familiar with. I’m a bit worried about that creature, so please keep an eye out for it. I think what really intrigues me is that she will arrive by an Ultra Wormhole . That is what invaders of our world have been arriving from.”

“Ul-Ultra Wormholes?” Mimi stutters as she paces around.

Jun and Riri both raise their eyebrows, with the same facial expressions as always, and both shiver and take a step toward Mimi, but quickly step back multiple times. Kouki and Mizuki stand there in a trance. I can’t quite grasp what Ralts is doing, since he’s on Riri’s back.

“Yes is something the matter?” Gothitelle asks.

Mimi finally calms down and walks toward me, answering “I’m sorry. It’s just we were all brought here by a wormhole unwillingly. We really want to get back home, do you know how?”

I can hear Gothitelle gasp before a blinding light dazes me. Wait, this happened the first time I came into this world! Unlike the first time — I maintain my consciousness as I hear the screams of those hicks.

“Oh no, please don’t tell me Eleanor is unconscious again!” Kouki panics.

“Well if she is,” Jun snarls, “I say we just leave her here.”

I quickly open my eyes, and witness everyone still staring at me, having not changed their facial expression the entire time. I abruptly jump up.

“I’m awake you dumb hicks!” I yell. “For some reason, I was able to communicate with Gothitelle and I was aware of everything you guys talked about.”

“Are you alright Ella?” Riri asks. “I’m just glad you’re not knocked out like last time!”

“Does it look like I’m alright, pretty boy? How about you get your body possessed and tell me if you’re alright or not? Also, only my friends can call me Ella, not you! My my I wasn’t wrong when I thought you hicks are uneducated.”

“That was totally uncalled for!” Jun complains as he punches the ground. “You really expect us to have sympathy for you even after all of this? We were concerned for your well-being, and you treat us like dirt?”

I give him a stink eye and a raspberry.

“Hey, I never asked for any sympathy. I never asked to be with any of you guys. I just want to be by myself.”

“Please don’t be so impulsive!” Mimi requests. “You have no Pokémon — you have no idea how to navigate through this world.”

“It’s not like I’m going to go any further with you hicks. So just leave me alone. In fact, I’m willing to bet I’m going to go further than all of you! Besides — I don’t trust Gothitelle or anyone here really. It still seems fishy she’d just possess my body like that and go as she pleases. I smell something funny for sure.”

While everyone else argues amongst themselves, I notice garbage Mizuki with her index finger and thumb on her chin, as she stares at the ground with her eyebrows all sharp and close together.

“You know for once I actually agree Smellanor,” Mizuki says. “I agree Gothitelle and Cinderace are probably going to lead us to a trap.”

It’s honestly sad how the only person who agrees with me is a piece of trash. Gotta give her credit though — she’s not as dumb as she looks.

“See ya later hicks!” I wave as I turn away from them.

Just as I’m about to walk, Riri grabs my right arm. I turn to face him and I see tears falling out, his lips all tucked in, and him giving me a cute puppy dog face.

“Please don’t just go off on your own!” Riri pleads. “It’s going to be dangerous!”

“Riri, don’t try to convince her,” Jun interrupts. “She’s clearly made her own decision. We should be on our way.”

I stare at Riri in the eyes, focusing on his pretty orange eyes, and let out a faint smile. Wait, what is this trance? Why am I feeling this way? I close my eyes and shake my head a few times, before pushing his arm away. I abruptly walk away.

I notice the others packing their things and leaving as well, heading in a direction to the right of me. They’re walking into a nice pretty forest, which makes me realize I’ve been blindly walking to another part of this beach.

Actually being surrounded by drama all day, I haven’t really taken the time to appreciate this beautiful beach. It looks just like an ordinary beach, with nice pristine clear water, smooth sand, and weird Pokémon around. Oh, maybe I shouldn’t get too close to those Pokémon.

I’ll go back to the area I was just at and go fishing. There’s one problem though, I don’t have a fishing rod. I really wish I had that high-tech fishing rod my Daddy had designed for me. Looks like I have no choice but to go into the sea and try to catch the fish myself. But my beautiful dress? Oh no oh no! I can’t get it dirty and wet, ew! But I’m so hungry though. It looks like I have to catch some fish if I want to eat right away!

I take off my shoes and socks as I walk into the chilly water. Oh, why can’t it be warmer? I see some fish in front of me so I think I’ll just grab them. Come here you little rascals!

As I get close to them and jump to catch them, they swim away at an alarming pace, causing me to hurt myself as I create a large splash. Oh, why does this have to be difficult? Why do fish swim so fast?

After a long time of trying and failing to catch a single fish, I give up and run out of the ocean to dress back in my socks and shoes. It’s super infuriating how much more difficult it is to catch fish in this world! Why can’t the fish be more like Earth fish? Or is it maybe just maybe I was given a massive advantage back home? No that can’t be! My Daddy says I’m the best and the most skilled! It must be that fish are harder to catch in this world! That must be it!

I look at the forest that the others went into. I stand still in a trance, shivering and grinding my teeth. I hate forests. They’re full of bugs, germs, and other icky things! But I have no choice though. I need to eat.

I run like the wind into the forest, not noticing a single thing on my way. As I get into the forest though, I abruptly stop myself. The forest seems to be shrouded in darkness. Also, the entire ground is just unpaved grass and weird plants. One of the plants looks like a red mushroom. Back home the forests near my home would be beside large fields of cut grass where I can relax.

After minutes of walking, it seems like I’m just back at square one! Oh, this is so annoying! Why can’t I find some food? I’m so hungry and I don’t have any energy left to move. I want my Daddy! I want Cynthia!

Maybe some rest will help my situation? But how am I supposed to know? I’ve never had to go hungry ever in my life back home. No this is a first for me. I hate it, this shouldn’t be happening to me! Why is this happening to me? I didn’t do anything to deserve this!

Okay, I’ll just lie down, close my eyes, and yeah some rest will be great for me! As soon as I close my eyes — I notice a heavy sticky substance hit me. I open my eyes and find out that they’re spiderwebs! I look up shivering and grinding my teeth and witness multiple huge hideous spiders. Each is roughly my size. Each has a small sharp horn. Each has two sharp pincers. Their body is covered entirely in red with a few black stripes. Strangely enough, they all only have six purple and yellow striped legs, two of which are on their back! Oh great, things go from bad to terrible.

As I scream they begin to shoot more webs at me, preventing me from moving.

“Hey, how dare you do this to me! Do you know who my Daddy is? ”

These hideous creatures simply let out a vicious hiss as they spin my body around with their webs until the webs encase my entire body. Why, why, why must this happen to me?

Unable to see a thing, or breathe properly, I feel them carrying me away. Probably back to their nest? Oh no, they’re going to eat me! No, no, no! This cannot be! I’m simply too young and pretty to die! Why can’t they take Mizuki or someone else instead?

Despite my screaming and threats, the spiders pay no attention and continue to crawl. It’s hard to scream properly covered in these webs. After quite some time, they finally put me down. Looks like they’re finally at their nest. Wow, I can’t believe it, my last moments before I even turned 9!

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom