• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Out of all of the Pokémon, which would you pick as the mascot of the franchise?

Midnight Blue

~Love Is Hard To Define~
Reaction score
We all know that Pikachu is the mascot of the Pokémon franchise, and that Clefairy was originally going to be the mascot. There is currently over 500 Pokémon. If TPC or Nintendo was to randomly change the mascot of the franchise, which one would you pick and why? Sorry if there is a thread like this, I searched.

hmm Maybe since its so well know now, Mew. The original, and possibly the favorite legendary. This would be what I would pick personally. Also, Pikachu is mostly the mascot because of the Anime. If it had to be based on the games, Mew or something else, would make a lot more sense because Pikachu only has a major role in pokemon yellow. JMO.

pikachu was pretty rare at R/G/B so the anime guys decided to make pikachu as the mascot, and nintendo thought it was a good idea to make pikachu as the mascot.

In a broad sense, probably a pokemon like plusle/minun or jigglypuff to appeal to the kiddies. if it were just for me to enjoy though, I'd make it Magmortar because he's my fav ^^

Really? Clefairy was the the first mascot choice? How random.

Anyway, I agree with Fumbles. Mew is like a staple or regular legendary in all generations. I mean it's not like Kyogre or Dialga or other legendaries where it's story is limited to the generation it belongs to. I think it's called "version mascots".

Pikachu, the way it has been since gen 1.

Mew wouldn't work, as it was and still is a dang event Pokie.

If I chose a new one, then maybe Clefairy, the one that Almost became the mascot.

Pikachu does his job very well, but if it was the time to change it and if I were the one to choose a new mascot... I would choose...

Eevee

I think most people like it, and you can get it in almost every Pokemon game. Also, I think it would work better since it is a Normal type. Because I personally always thought that GameFreak loves Electric types more -_-

Last edited:
Well it generally has to be a well known Pokemon that people who don't play Pokemon know. I mean, who doesn't know Pikachu? That's like the only Pokemon people who don't play Pokemon know. So I'd choose Jigglypuff, cos there was always that Jigglypuff that sang and put everybody to sleep in the anime, so I'm guessing most people would know a Jigglypuff? Especially if you gave it a microphone? xD

art_011.jpg

Yeah, Pikachu can stay. Otherwise it would be Meowth or Jigglypuff.

As someone else said earlier, Eevee. Not only is it deemed as "cute" by many, it is so versatile that it would help to make your Eevee different from your friends due to its several evolutions.

Pikachu still if that was a choice.. if not.. I'd have to agree with the Eevee comments. What better mascot than one that evolves into a plethora of Pokemon? On top of that, Eevee is just adorable (even more than Pikachu).

If I could choose any Pokémon, I would likely pick Mew, because it is one of the most known Pokémon, as has many desirable qualities (I.E. Appearance, Strength, History.)

What most other people said, Mew. It's got the looks, it's got the power (like Green said). I also have Meowth, Croagunk and Piplup in mind.

I'd say Rayquaza. It's probably one of the more... "obscure" legendaries, but dragons have a lot of appeal with all sorts of age groups.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom