• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Out of all the music in the games, which one is your favorite?

John Understands

Somalian Anarchy Leader!
Reaction score
By this, I mean city, route, cavern, whatever. From Red and Green to Black and White 2. What is your favorite of every gen (By what Pokémon)?

GEN I

Route 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22.

Yet common, this music is terrific and pleasant. In that 8-bit glory, it's wonderful. Even during Gen III and IV. What a great way for your journey to begin...

GEN II

Route 26, 27.

You know, this sounds like 'Your journey is about to end, time for the final stretch!' It sounds wonderful and gets you pumped up.

GEN III

Route 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 115.

You happy? I happy? My favorite of Gen III. Very good!!!

GEN IV

PMD 2, Bubbles music.

This is good music. I mean the music before your partner meets the protangonist. It's peaceful and you can hear it every day...

GEN V

Credits of BW.

For a great game, what a great credits theme! All the others sound sappy and nice, but this one sounds epic! 'The End?' is a good way, and this tells you Black and White is not over yet! Hence BW2!

My grand favorite is the one for Gen III. It sounds really nice!

So, what about you?

Last edited:
All of Hoenn, actually. It's where the music is absolutely the best. The Dive theme sounds just like you're underwater, the Abandoned Ship theme sounds like you're exploring a dangerous new place, the Elite 4 and Champion music sounds just as intense as it should be, the desert theme sounds like you're wandering around hopelessly, the Route 104 theme sounds like you're going out into a huge new world to explore, Sootopolis City sounds like you reached the hidden peaceful village, the Trick Master's house sounds exactly like some kind of giant riddle to solve, and those are only some of the great themes!

GEN I: Lavender Town.
GEN II: Not heard many originals - GB Sounds are slightly off - but I like Burned Tower, Dragons' Den and Violet City.
GEN III: I honestly can't remember most of the music XD. Sootopolis was good, and Emerald's mad weather theme. Oh, and Shadow Lugia's theme.
GEN IV: Most of the msuic from Sinnoh I can't even remember, so I'll say Ho-oh's theme.
GEN V: Opelucid City, White.

My favorite of all is Team Galactic Battle from DPPt, followed closely by the Village Bridge theme in BW. <3

I think the former is just epic and kickass while the latter is beautiful and soothing, especially with the one guy's singing added.

My top two favorites from each generation:

GEN I: Cinnabar Island and Pallet Town.

GEN 2: National Park and Kanto Gym Leader Battle.

GEN 3: Meteor Falls and Sealed Chamber (in FR/LG: Cinnabar Island and Pallet Town).

GEN 4: Mt. Coronet (Peak) and Floaroma Town (Night) (in HG/SS: National Park and Kanto Gym Leader Battle).

GEN 5: Unwavering Emotions and BW Credits.

First one that comes to mind is the intro/title theme for HeartGold/SoulSilver. I remember becoming giddy as a schoolboy upon seeing/hearing the intro after I bought the game, as the memories came flooding back. Ah, good times...

Hmm.

GSC/HGSS: Ecruteak City, Goldenrod City, National Park
RSE: Surf, Slateport, Route 113 (the place with the falling ashes), Ever Grande City
DPPt: Canalave City, Surf, Looker's Theme
White: Route 6, Driftveil City, Opelucid City, Unwavering Emotions, N's Farewell

For the side games:
Shadows of Almia: the route theme, Sad Story, ending credits
Guardian Signs: capture theme, Mitonga Island, ending credits
Rumble Blast: Northerly Town

Probably out of all of them... Canalave City is my favorite piece but I like the music in White best overall.

In general, Hoenn have the best music.
All cities and towns have amusing themes and the battle themes are amazingly fantastic to say the least.

But my favorite is Shirona's battle theme.
Most epic battle theme in Pokémon franchise ever.

Mine where the Team Rocket Encounter/Radio Tower takeover themes for GSC/HGSS, Team Rocket Hideout RBY/FRLG, and Vs Red in HGSS

I'm just going to list the best Gen ever, Gen III bestly best music, out of what I think, so here:

Fronteir Brain Battle, Champion Battle, Elite Four Battle, Gym Leader Battle, DEOXYS BATTLE, Regi Battle, Legendary Battle, among, well, all of it!

How I would put it to Youtubers:

DERP Stevens theme is the best

I really don't want to make a huge list so I'll pick the Abandoned Ship music from Ruby and Sapphire. It's really nice.

Gen III has the best music in my opinion, and out of Gen III, I'd have to say Route 111 is my favorite. It was my ringtone for a couple years.

Wait, you mean ALL games?! That is really hard. Absolutely not picking a single song.

Gen. I:
Pokémon Stadium - VS. Mewtwo

Main games: VS. Gym Leader

Not much to say here.

Gen. II:
Pokémon GSC - Ice Path (and other places)
I just love this song. It's peaceful, yet mysterious. Very relaxing and one of my favorite songs of all, and most likely my favorite chiptune.
Note this only applies to the GSC version! The heavy tone half-trying to be light and whismical gives it a really nice feeling.

Gen III:
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red & Blue Rescue Team - Sky Tower.
What can I say? Simply amazing. Very powerful on the emotions.

Main games: Route 113.
Hoenn had really amazing music for the Overworld, but if there's one that stood out for me was this one. I fell in love with the games right at this point.

Gen IV:
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Darkness & Sky - vs. Primal Dialga AND Hidden Highland
For Hidden Highland, specially the part when it plays at the end of the post game, with Darkrai.
It manages to kick in perfectly, somehow really to sum up the entire game's feelings, which is fitting for the dialogue.

However, Primal Dialga's theme is simply the best final boss theme. Ever. I kind of wish Darkrai's confrortation had such an epic conclusion...

Main games: Dialga and Palkia battle theme
It is an odd choice, in fact I was going to say Origin Giratina's...
... until that one part a while into the song starts. It's an strange choice for a big Legendary theme like these. It's not menacing, not intimidating. It's like a small clearing of peace within the cosmic force the legendary represents.

Gen V:
ALL OF IT

Overall, Hoenn's music is indeed the very best. Shinnoh's music is a very close second, though. Mt. Pyre's music was especially very haunting and scary; same goes for Old Chateau in DPPt.

My favorite song that's part of a Music Super Complete has to be SLATEPORT CITY, though. Such an upbeat and catchy song, with the most adorable singing voice I've ever heard. <3 I think linking to it is against the rules, but find it on YouTube if you can. I love it.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom