• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Out of all the music in the games, which one is your favorite?

Snowpoint city has the best IMO. It is the music that fits any city the best, and it's so tranquil and peaceful. Playing that while it's snowing outside the window is a feeling no other pokémon music can match. I can only really compare it to Ahto City in KOTOR, which also had exactly the right mood. Lavender and Village Bridge are also pretty nice.

The Kanto gym leader theme (FrLg) gets the position for best battle music for me. GSC/HGSS version is also very good, but FrLg's is best. Cynthia and Steven's themes also come close.

I felt that gen IV had the best music overall, I didn't like too much of gen III's soundtrack (inb4 trumpets), but it wasn't too bad.

Each generation has its fair share of good music. The style of music also gives you a good feel for the region you're in.

Nothing tops Gen III for me. The most upbeat generation. Gives the feeling that you're genuinely on an adventure.

Gen II: Champion battle, Ho-Oh battle.
Gen III: Battling Maxie, or possibly the rival battle music.
Gen IV: Factory Head Neziki's music is AWESOME. A W E S O M E.
Gen V: I really love the music when you battle a Team Plasma grunt. That's on my iPod.

Generation I: Route 1, Pallet Town
Generation II: Azalea Town/Blackthorn City, Ecruteak City/Cianwood City
Generation III: Littleroot Town, Verdanturf Town
Gneration IV: Sandgem Town, Canalave City
Generation V: Accumula Town, Opelucid City

A majority of my favorite music tracks come from Gen I and II, mostly I.

My favorites include the tracks of Vermillion City, Kanto Route 11, Cinnabar Island, Johto Route 42, Unova's Route 10, and Village Bridge.

Gem I- Trainer battle
Gen II- Azalea Town
Gen III- Prof. Birch's lab
Gen IV- Snowpoint City and/or Cianwood City(HGSS)
Gen V- Accumula Town

Gen I- Champion Battle, Lavender Town, Viridian Forest
Gen II- Legendary Beast Battle, Olivine City
Gen III- Weather Trio Battle, Route 113, Sky Pillar, Meteor Falls, Regi Battle, Credits, Champion Battle
Gen IV (DPPt)- Distortion Wolrd (Pt), Lake Guardians Battle
Gen IV (HGSS)- Route 47, Ho-Oh Battle, Lance/Red Battle, Indigo Plateau
Gen V- Champion Battle, Final N Battle

My favorite music from any of the games is the Team Rocket Theme from HGSS. I forget if they changed it much from the original Gen II games, since I haven't heard the music from those games in quite a while.
Regardless of whether it was changed or not, the HGSS Team Rocket Theme is my all-time favorite Pokemon game bgm. Although I am fond of several of the others, like the music from the Ruins of Alph, and all of the music from Gen I brings back memories, so I'm really fond of it, as well.

The angelic tunes that come out of my glitched up hall of fame.

Gen I: Lavender Town, Champion battle music

Gen II: Blackthorn City

Gen III: No idea

Gen IV: Cynthia's battle theme

Gen V: The end credits, the theme that plays when you wake Reshiram/Zekrom (though I prefer Reshiram's version; its cry just goes so well with the music), Ghetsis's battle theme, Team Plasma's battle theme...

Top favorite, though? Cynthia's battle theme.

There's so much goodness in Pokemon's soundtrack that I just cant' choose. No hyperbole, its just too hard. If I had to go with one theme, it would be the Rival theme of B2W2. Or Achroma.

Twinleaf Town in DPP, I could just sit there for hours and have it play in the background. It's so homey and cheerful but really calming at the same time

Ever since I was a kid, and to this very day, I constantly find myself humming/whistling/tapping/etc. the themes to Gen I's Route 1/2 and Route 3 (main route theme). I have other favourites for different reasons, but nothing takes me back to my childhood like these two themes.

I loved 5th gen's elite four theme... It makes me happy everytime, can't help it!

Gen I - Routes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Gen II - Saffron City; Lavender Town
Gen III - Rustboro City; Routes 118, 119
Gen IV - Canalave City; Mt. Coronet, Spear Pillar
Gen V - Opelucid City; Lacunosa Town; Yamaji Town

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom