• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Out of the Loop

1603212009349.png

From my role pm. First post was before I saw the thread. I honestly thought I was undercover

Congratulations FA! Should have lynched you first :M.

I figured the other word was Anime from Japanese lol.

Laboratory is as you may have guessed, from Dexter’s Laboratory.

What made you choose this over the others?
The reactions to my word "famous" made me realize that it had to be broader than Disney, and then it seemed like the anime-related words were in the minority when more of them related to cartoons as a whole. I also kept coming back to "tune;" the only way I could relate it to anime was theme songs/OP/ED, but that seemed too much of a stretch. Tune made sense with Disney because of all the songs in those movies, but the way it literally is a homonym with part of "cartoon" made me pull the trigger on "cartoon."
Laboratory is as you may have guessed, from Dexter’s Laboratory.
As someone who watched a LOT of Dexter's Lab as a kid, that was actually my immediate thought with your description, but at that point I thought I was thinking of it too specifically since I wasn't sold on "cartoon" yet by any means at that point lol.

Yeah, I figured 'Subtitles' had to fit with Anime, hence my suspicion on DawningWings. As for the suspicion on Midorikawa in the same round, that was because 'Monochromatic' didn't fit cartoon all that well either, I thought.

Last edited:
Congrats to @Ronniego and @FinalArcadia for being the winners of this game. :D(y)

Thank you to all the players for playing this game. Hope you all had fun.
Thank you to the spectators, I hope you enjoyed yourselves and it was worth your time.
And a special thanks to my MoD Snowy who helped me a lot throughout the game, answering to all my questions patiently and bearing with me overall.

I made mistakes at the beginning of the game but everyone was so kind and patient and helped me run this game successfully. :bulbaLove:

I would like for the players to share their experience playing this game, and also suggestions for further improving the game and making it more suitable for a forum environment.
Also, would like to know if people would be interested in playing this game if I decide to bring it with a few more twists at a future date.

Yeah, Undercovers and Civilians really need to up their word vagueness lol. I was thinking of saying Sexual as my second word, but then thought it was too weird so I said Fantasy for the first cartoon, Fantasmagiore.

DawningWings
*Winds

Yeah, I figured 'Subtitles' had to fit with Anime, hence my suspicion on DawningWings.
By the time the second round happened, I'd also kinda figured the other word was probably cartoon, but I wasn't sure if I was undercover or civillian. I figured if I was undercover, it was way, way, too late to do anything about it because I'd already said Japanese so I just went with the first thing I thought of.

With mouse I meant primarily mickey and secondary pikachu.
It was a great game guys.
Downside is the game can drag abit if players don't place their word or vote.

I was actually convinced I was Undercover again because nobody called out Japanese or Subtitles.
Gotta remember people have a similar word and descriptions such as those can quickly out you as someone who isn't on the same team

Back
Top Bottom