• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Out of the Loop

Reaction score
Hello everyone and welcome to the first ever non-mafia game hosted by @Pika_pika42.

Out of the Loop (also known as Undercover) is based on the party game with the same name. I think it's a fun game which adapts really well in a forum setting. So let's give this one a try, shall we?

First, let's understand the rules and mechanics of the game
All forum rules and TWR rules apply.

How to play?
There are 3 groups of players in this game which are divided into:
Civilians, Undercover and Mr. White.

Upon the start of the round, I'll give each one of you a secret word depending on your alignment, however you do not know your alignment at the beginning of the round.

Players must maintain the secrecy of their given word at all times and not reveal their given word at any stage of the game.

Civilians will all receive the same secret word. Their goal is to unmask the Undercover and Mr. White.

The Undercover will receive a word slightly different from the Civilians. Their goal is to pretend to be a Civilian!

Mr. White doesn't receive any word. Their goal is to act as if they had one, while trying to guess the Civilians' word.

After everyone confirms the receipt of the word, the Description stage in-thread begins. In this, each player must give a truthful description of their word. The description must be in the form of a single word, it should not contain the secret word and it should not be a repeated word.
In this stage, players shall only give their description word and are not allowed to hold any discussion.

After all the players have described the word, we move on to the Voting stage.
In this stage, all the players must discuss and vote the player who they find to be the most suspicious (who was not able to describe the word properly or who gave a different description than others), the player with the most votes gets eliminated.
In case of a tie, players with most votes will get another chance to describe the word and all other players get to vote the one who is more suspicious.

All the players must give the description of their allotted word as soon as possible (within 24 hours of the beginning of the round). Once, all the players have given the description, the voting stage begins. The Voting stage will last for as long as the entire round takes not more than 48 hours, to ensure a fast-paced game.

Winning
Civilians win when they eliminate all other roles.

The Undercover and Mr. White win when there is only 1 Civilian left.

Mr. White also wins if they guess the Civilians' word.

Civilians get 1 point
Mr. White 2 points
and the Undercover, 3 points.

To confirm you have read the rules, please describe the word "rules" in 1 word.

Players
1) @Max1996
2) @DarthWolf
3) @DawningWinds
4) @ZinnLav
5) @prog rocker
6) @Midorikawa
7) @FinalArcadia
8) @HumanDawn
9) @Ronniego

MOD
@Snowy

Spectators
@KenderCharmeleon
@MegaPod
@dawn dusk

Last edited:
This sounds intriguing, a bit like spyfall but with an opposing faction.
How many rounds will there be or how many points are needed until the game ends?
I don't want to end up playing too long that it'll become a drag.

This sounds interesting but your restrictions have a few things I'd like to bring up.
Each round will last 48 hours, with 24 hours dedicated to the Description stage and 24 hours dedicated to the Voting stage.
These are pretty short, which is fine on its own but then there is this.
(in a decided order)
You have to wait for previous players in the list to go, if they only post during your local night time, with a few hours left, there is no way the sleeping person can act in time. Just something to think about.

Overall it sounds fun though.

I'll join!

The...uh..."directives" seem a bit confusing at first, but I think it's something I can get the hang of later.

This sounds intriguing, a bit like spyfall but with an opposing faction.
How many rounds will there be or how many points are needed until the game ends?
I don't want to end up playing too long that it'll become a drag.
That's a fair concern, I was thinking of 3 rounds to begin with and we could add a couple more if all the players want.
This sounds interesting but your restrictions have a few things I'd like to bring up.

These are pretty short, which is fine on its own but then there is this.

You have to wait for previous players in the list to go, if they only post during your local night time, with a few hours left, there is no way the sleeping person can act in time. Just something to think about.

Overall it sounds fun though.
That's a valid concern. Any suggestions to counter that? Probably, we won't have a fixed order and all the players must give their description within the 24 hours timeline, as per their convenience?

That's a valid concern. Any suggestions to counter that? Probably, we won't have a fixed order and all the players must give their description within the 24 hours timeline, as per their convenience?
I think that should work fine. Another option is extending the phase and giving each player a max of 24h to respond once its their turn.

Thank you everyone for showing interest in this game. We'll wait for 1 more player and begin the game. We can have a trial round so everyone can get a grasp on how the game works. Hope you all have fun!

Also, there's a change in the rules:
All the players must give the description of their allotted word as soon as possible (within 24 hours of the beginning of the round). Once, all the players have given the description, the voting stage begins. The Voting stage will last for as long as the entire round takes not more than 48 hours, to ensure a fast-paced game.

Hello players. I have decided to start the trial round today with 9 players. I'll be keeping the 10th slot open for now if anyone wants to join the actual game or else we can continue the game with 9 players anyway.

Hope you all are ready, I will be sending you the words for the trial round today. Please confirm in-thread once you receive your respective PM.

Back
Top Bottom