• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Out of the Loop

Yeah, I figured 'Subtitles' had to fit with Anime, hence my suspicion on DawningWings. As for the suspicion on Midorikawa in the same round, that was because 'Monochromatic' didn't fit cartoon all that well either, I thought.
Monochromatic means black and white which is what both cartoons and anime both were originally. Black and white is too many words.

I think Mr. white is unbalanced for forum play. And not being able to explain ones word in the tie breakers doesn’t work too well either.

I know it’s a real life game but I think played on a forum there needs to be some definite adjustments to account for the differemces.

I think Mr. white is unbalanced for forum play. And not being able to explain ones word in the tie breakers doesn’t work too well either.
I think the goal for both Civilians and Undercover is to identify Mister White as early as possible and to never vote for them. Mr White should be the very last role the civilians vote off, and you want to do everything in your power to prevent Mr White from guessing the word correctly. How you do that, I haven't figured out yet.

That said, after seeing the game in action, I do agree the point system is unbalanced. Since Mr White has two ways to win, one almost virtually guaranteed (Since civillians have to vote Mr.W off to win, and then W gets a chance to guess the word), White should have the lowest score for their wins.

EDIT: If Mr White is the last non-civilian role to be voted off, and correctly guesses the word... do both W and the civilians win together?

Civilians can't win while Mr White is alive
Is this a reply to me?

That's why I said I think White should be the last one voted off. If I'm reading the first post correctly, that will trigger the civilian wincon... but it should also give W a chance to win by guessing the word.

If you vote W off before they're the last other role left, they have a chance to end the game by guessing the word.

Another idea I have is that you could make it similar to a non-game ending jester... so if W wins, they simply are removed from the game. Not sure if that is a good suggestion or not.

Is this a reply to me?

That's why I said I think White should be the last one voted off. If I'm reading the first post correctly, that will trigger the civilian wincon... but it should also give W a chance to win by guessing the word.
If Mr. White guesses the word correctly, he is the sole winner.
This would be regardless of whether all undercovers have been voted off or not, I think.

Making Mr. White's secondary wincon like a non-game-ending Jester might be good, though.

Oops, I missed that. So yeah, I think... as the game stands right now, the players need to avoid Mr W from guessing the word at all.... Which I honestly have no idea how you do that.

I think the only really viable option is to make it like a non-game ending jester. Because otherwise, I think it's pretty OP.

The best way to play would be to eliminate Mr. White as early as possible so that they are unable to guess the word. As they stay for more rounds, it becomes easier for them to guess with the available description words.
I think the non-game ending jester idea is a good one. It'll help to balance the game in a better way.

Also, the players need to be far more vague with the descriptions. Irl, it's extremely difficult for Mr. White to win as they have to think on their feet while here the Mr. White gets a lot of time to think and analyse the words.

Mickey Mouse ;)
I had issues with who had cartoon and who had anime, not knowing which group I was in.
I initially thought of Micky but then I realised Pikachu could also have been it
Also, the players need to be far more vague with the descriptions. Irl, it's extremely difficult for Mr. White to win as they have to think on their feet while here the Mr. White gets a lot of time to think and analyse the words.
This is imo the main issue in forum format

The best way to play would be to eliminate Mr. White as early as possible so that they are unable to guess the word. As they stay for more rounds, it becomes easier for them to guess with the available description words.
I think the non-game ending jester idea is a good one. It'll help to balance the game in a better way.

I think the main difference is IRL being quick paced. Not just mr white but the civilians have to think carefully too. As we have the time we’re analyzing everything which leads to us having to make sure the words are vague and yet fitting at the same time, otherwise you get situations like when darth did Drinking for Halloween.

Also I feel like people shouldn’t be allowed to submit words that are derived from others like art and artistic. Everyone having to submit a different word definitely helps all sides.

Back
Top Bottom