• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Outlaw Star on the new Toonami

Tyler53841

Reaction score
For those who aren't aware, a few months ago, Cartoon Network started to air the classic anime Outlaw Star again. Not just that the only episode that wasn't aired back in 2001 on Toonami, Ep. 23 Hot Springs Planet Tenrei was aired last February on February 24, 2018. Here is a unique article for this: http://www.bubbleblabber.com/outlaw-star-makes-toonami-history-after-17-years/

Though Adult Swim's website has this episode for who can verify their cable service for the next 6 days, out of respect of the copyright law, and because of the provocative material of this episode, no video links will be posted in this this thread. Personally even though I first watched this episode with a VCR Tape back in the day, I am pleased to see the so-called banned episode to finally be aired, but only with a TV-MA rating and minor censorship regarding a certain scene (which I will not state to keep this post civil).

At least now all the episodes are available in the US.

Also places like Amazon Video or having a membership on FUNimation's Streaming website will the episodes in their full uncut version though in the English dub only.

It is also interesting that it took 17 years before this episode was aired in the US and that today's regular anime is not as provocative compared to back then (such as with the Tenchi Muyo, the original Sailor Moon anime, or even some of the older Gundam series)

I do ask for anyone who replies to remember to be civil.

Last edited:
My fav anime! I remember staying up to obscene hours just to watch it on Toonami. Great to hear that it is back!

"You Cactus B*****d!!"

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom