• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

EVENT (OVER) December 2018 Community Day

the future is not written
Reaction score
  • Staff
Usually, the community days are kept in their own threads, but this community day is so wild and so exciting we are treating it as an event!

The event has two different phases. During the regular phase, lasting from Nov. 30, 2018 at 1PM PST (GMT-8), until December 2, 2018 at 11PM PST (GMT-8), we have the following bonuses:
  • Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Eevee, Dratini, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Mareep, Larvitar, and Beldum will appear more frequently in the wild.
  • Special moves previously featured during Community Day events in 2018 will be available again during the weekend!
Then, there is the special bonus period that runs during your regions usual community day time:
  • Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: December 1, 2018, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. UTC (GMT +0)
  • The Americas and Greenland: December 1, 2018, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
  • Asia-Pacific: December 2, 2018, from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. JST (GMT +9)
During this period of time, these bonuses will be active:
  • Double Catch XP
  • Double Catch Stardust
  • Double Incubator effectiveness (1/2 walk distance)
We're really excited for this event! What are you most looking forward to, and let us know how it goes for you!

Sell a Flareon
Reaction score
Expectations: Catch heaps of Pikachu, Larvitar, Beldum, Mareep, Charmander and such.
Reality: No Pikachu, only Eevee.

By the way, I am excited for the Shiny Hunting weekend. Have been hunting extra Shiny Eevees but no luck.

AWACS SkyEye
Reaction score
I would love more Pikachu, Dratini, Beldum, Mareep and Eevee!

The one I don't want is Charmander. I caught 17 of those at it's community day xD

Reaction score
I'm in a perpetual and dire need of Larvitar, Beldum and Dratini candy but I'm not sure how much time for Pokemon GO I have next weekend since I just moved into my first house and I'm now busy mauling the bathroom and kitchen. The new neighbourhood, however, is great for catching Pokemon, I even have a Poké stop right in front of my house and two gyms nearby.

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
I'm hoping to capture some Mareep and Larvitar.

I already have a Tyranitar that is one of my powerhouse battlers, but he's not shiny. For Mareep, I could care less about the Shiny, but I want an Ampharos that knows Dragon Pulse.

AWACS SkyEye
Reaction score
I've caught one shiny Pikachu so far, which was the one shiny I needed! :)

Sell a Flareon
Reaction score
Caught a Shiny Mareep and two Shiny Eevee. I have the worst Shiny Luck ever.

Hope Niantic and Game Freak don't make Shiny Chances purely luck-based. At least make the chances more location-based and add Shiny Charms would fix the bit.

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
The only shiny I caught was a shiny Eevee with terrible stats.

Reaction score
I got 1 shiny Bulbasaur and 1 shiny Eevee out of this event, I only wanted a shiny Dratini (don't have one). But I do manage to catch 20 Larvitars, 24 Dratinis and 24 Beldums. I'll be trading these with a co-worker to see if any of them turn up lucky. Three more Metagross have got Meteor Mash now, I got a set of six of those.

the future is not written
Reaction score
I played an obscene amount of Pokemon GO over the weekend, and captured something absurd like 100+ of each of the three pseudolegendaries, Charmander, and Bulbasaur, which were the five I cared about the most since I still had evolutions to do to get a full team of them with the special move. I shiny checked and plussed the rest if they weren't shiny.

I had pretty good shiny luck too! I ended up with 23 on the event:
1 Bulbasaur
2 Charmander
3 Squirtle
2 Eevee
3 Dratini
2 Chikorita
3 Cyndaquil
2 Mareep
2 Larvitar
3 Beldum

AWACS SkyEye
Reaction score
I was only able to get three shinies, but wasn't able to play much do to other things going on. I'm happy that I was able to get some candy for evolutions though :) I evolved one of my old Beldums to get a second Meteor Mash Metagross.

Shinies:
- Mareep
- Cyndaquil
- Pikachu

Reaction score
I got quite the haul from this event.

3 Shiny Bulbasaur, 2 Shiny Cyndaquil, a Shiny Beldum, Shiny Mareep, Shiny Charmander, and Shiny Dratini. Im sad I didnt get a Squirtle or more Shiny Eevee though but I usually do not have this kinda luck.