• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO (OVER) December 2018 Community Day

hurristat

the future is not written
Reaction score
Usually, the community days are kept in their own threads, but this community day is so wild and so exciting we are treating it as an event!

The event has two different phases. During the regular phase, lasting from Nov. 30, 2018 at 1PM PST (GMT-8), until December 2, 2018 at 11PM PST (GMT-8), we have the following bonuses:
  • Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Eevee, Dratini, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Mareep, Larvitar, and Beldum will appear more frequently in the wild.
  • Special moves previously featured during Community Day events in 2018 will be available again during the weekend!
Then, there is the special bonus period that runs during your regions usual community day time:
  • Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: December 1, 2018, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. UTC (GMT +0)
  • The Americas and Greenland: December 1, 2018, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
  • Asia-Pacific: December 2, 2018, from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. JST (GMT +9)
During this period of time, these bonuses will be active:
  • Double Catch XP
  • Double Catch Stardust
  • Double Incubator effectiveness (1/2 walk distance)
We're really excited for this event! What are you most looking forward to, and let us know how it goes for you!

Expectations: Catch heaps of Pikachu, Larvitar, Beldum, Mareep, Charmander and such.
Reality: No Pikachu, only Eevee.

By the way, I am excited for the Shiny Hunting weekend. Have been hunting extra Shiny Eevees but no luck.

I'm in a perpetual and dire need of Larvitar, Beldum and Dratini candy but I'm not sure how much time for Pokemon GO I have next weekend since I just moved into my first house and I'm now busy mauling the bathroom and kitchen. The new neighbourhood, however, is great for catching Pokemon, I even have a Poké stop right in front of my house and two gyms nearby.

I'm hoping to capture some Mareep and Larvitar.

I already have a Tyranitar that is one of my powerhouse battlers, but he's not shiny. For Mareep, I could care less about the Shiny, but I want an Ampharos that knows Dragon Pulse.

Caught a Shiny Mareep and two Shiny Eevee. I have the worst Shiny Luck ever.

Hope Niantic and Game Freak don't make Shiny Chances purely luck-based. At least make the chances more location-based and add Shiny Charms would fix the bit.

I got 1 shiny Bulbasaur and 1 shiny Eevee out of this event, I only wanted a shiny Dratini (don't have one). But I do manage to catch 20 Larvitars, 24 Dratinis and 24 Beldums. I'll be trading these with a co-worker to see if any of them turn up lucky. Three more Metagross have got Meteor Mash now, I got a set of six of those.

I played an obscene amount of Pokemon GO over the weekend, and captured something absurd like 100+ of each of the three pseudolegendaries, Charmander, and Bulbasaur, which were the five I cared about the most since I still had evolutions to do to get a full team of them with the special move. I shiny checked and plussed the rest if they weren't shiny.

I had pretty good shiny luck too! I ended up with 23 on the event:
1 Bulbasaur
2 Charmander
3 Squirtle
2 Eevee
3 Dratini
2 Chikorita
3 Cyndaquil
2 Mareep
2 Larvitar
3 Beldum

I was only able to get three shinies, but wasn't able to play much do to other things going on. I'm happy that I was able to get some candy for evolutions though :) I evolved one of my old Beldums to get a second Meteor Mash Metagross.

Shinies:
- Mareep
- Cyndaquil
- Pikachu

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom