• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO (OVER) Halloween event 2018!

Reaction score
Hey all!

We have a new 2spoopy event that will take place from October 23 at 1:00 p.m. PDT, to November 1 at 1:00 p.m. PDT. Here's what will be going on!

• Double catch candy!
  • Drifloon and Stunky families will be introduced into the game (Drifloon can also be shiny!)
  • Special research tasks will yield Spiritomb for capture. There will also be additional field research featuring Dark and Ghost-type Pokemon
  • Witch hat Pikachu returns!
  • Ghost and Dark-type Pokemon will spawn more frequently
  • Giratina will begin appearing in raid battles
  • Special halloween-based items will be available in the shop
Good luck to all! :)

Waaaaa

Last edited:
I was hoping the evos for Dusclops, Misdreavus, and Murkrow would have been rolled out as part of the H-event

But Spiritomb is an awesome reward for the research.

Drifloon is a very common spawn (and one of the event's 8 major Shiny checks :D), Stunky just a bit more uncommon. Regardless, their evolutions are quite easy dex entries, just 4 Pinap'd catches each.
Spiritomb's Special Research was very fun and engaging, thankfully I've been saving up many Pinap Berries so that stage was nothing too hard. Quite positively surprised that the encounter itself does not require the spinning of 8 new stops.

In any case, I got done with all of that in just under 3 hours; checked out our most popular and spawn-heavy seaside park area.

Giratina's a cool legendary raid boss to have around for spooky month, especially with double Candy the first few days; got some nice use for the extra 16 Silver Pinaps I got from Spiritomb's research :) Also got a few hours of Windy weather which was great since I did catch 2 WB Giratina, and already have enough Candy to get them past level 30 anytime, although I'll wait until the end of its month before making any major powerup decisions.

Ever since I got done with all that I'm quite less stressed about playing out the event. Tried to trade around a few of the event spawns and got a Lucky 100% Drifloon, Lucky Stunky, a few Lucky Gastly. Also got a 100% Misdreavus from Research :D Speaking of which, most Field Research is great too; Rare Candies, Sneasel encounters that can be Pinap'd to get enough Candy to evolve and power up my 100% hatch when Weavile gets released, a little bit of extra dust for Dark-types...

And all the Shiny checks! 8 of them actually. more than any other event I can remember: Witch Hat Pikachu (the most rare, going to be available only this week for the entire year), Drifloon (the new one), Sableye, Duskull, Shuppet, Murkrow, Poochyena and Houndour.
Of them all I do have one Duskull from a few days ago (wouldn't mind 2 more for a living dex, considering Dusknoi should come soon too), one Sableye from last year and 2 Houndour, so I'm kinda done with them.
Guess what did I get as my only Shiny during the event so far? A 3rd Houndour :( Alas, still a Shiny, with trade value nonetheless.

Finally, with Gengar Day announced, it's a good time to grind up on Gastly Candy and good level/IV ones, in hopes that Lick/Psychic will be obtainable by evolution, after all. I plan to evolve lots of them and maybe power some up.

Enjoying this event so far, especially as it contains my two favorite types! :) No shiny ghosts yet, but...

Got a shiny houndour! :) stats aren't the best but still, shinies are cool.

Event's over. I did get a Shiny Murkrow, and ironically enough, Shiny Shuppet only a few minutes after it was over, first non-event Shuppet spawn I checked (in a similar way to how I got Shiny Aron in Adventure Week). I also saved up a fair share of Gastly to evolve and more than 2.300 candies, which should cover all my top 6 eventual maxout needs and a few spare exclusive Gengar to trade around.

Overall I'd say this event went fine, although I gotta admit I could not play as much as I did last year or enjoy it that much. Life got in the way :(

I got a second shiny Houndour during the event and, best of all, a 100% Giratina and a second one of 77,8% (13/12/10). 1.213 Gastly candy and some reasonable Gastlys ready for evolution, too. Still looking for a better Gastly (>90%).

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom